What's new

Pakistan all set to import electricity from India

Bharatmata ki jai ho. :yahoo: India is supplying 500 MW electricity to Bangladesh every single day currently. Will supply another 500 MW electricity in few months. Also a 1350 MW power plant in contruction jointly by Indo-Bangla. :bounce:

Musalmano ka name kharab karne wali koam hai pakistani .:agree:
thu tumari nasal mein koi dushman se madad mangta hai bhala aur woh bhi jisne kiye tumhare Do tokde.:rofl:

Usko gaali kyon de rahe ho. Its Democracy. U chose him to Power instead of IK. Ab galti tumhari hai to khud ko gaali do. :)

oh nai yara is ko mai ne vote nai diya tha .... jis ne bhi diya hai na..use Allah pouche ga :mad:

its will be " Aman ka Khamba "..

Khambay pe rehte ho mager tum neeche nai ateee, Yeh taar bulate hai mager tu idhar nai ate ...

This is all good, but what about when our rural areas have to endure 6-8 hours of power cuts in Summer months? Our cities aren't spared either many a time. Are we really producing more electricity than we consume?
All the States that border Pakistan have surplus electricity or balanced load
- Gujarat, Himachal Pradesh are power surplus
- Rajasthan is a power balanced State,soon to be power surplus
- Punjab is set to become a power surplus State this year itself.

You can see a majority of North India is already power balanced or power surplus.

The major power deficit States are UP, Bihar and Tamil Nadu. Tamil Nadu itself is going to be power sufficient in a few years.

Wheeling power from Gujarat/Punjab(for example) to UP or Tamil Nadu is a bad idea, the line losses would be staggering and it would be absolutely costly.

A far better idea is to sell power to Pakistan - obviously at a profit - and use the money to setup power plants in UP.

GoI is being quite smart.
I guess money is more important than poor people.
Please read up. We are moving towards a power balanced/zero power deficit country rather fast.

Last edited:
51s5.jpg

Fist Bangladesh and now Pakistan. Everything is going according to plan.

Wasn't referring to India only.
In this particular case, I dont see how it is applicable to either India or Pakistan. Both the countries are making a wise decision which benefits them both.

India has surplus electricity in almost all the States that border Pakistan. This power cannot be wheeled across to the power deficit States which are either in Eastern or Southern India unless at huge cost.

On the other hand, Pakistan is power deficit.

In both the cases, its the people who will benefit. Pakistani's will get electricity(directly) and Indian taxpayers will get some relief(indirectly).

51s5.jpg

Fist Bangladesh and now Pakistan. Everything is going according to plan.
The real fun will be when we export Petrol, Diesel and Gas to Pakistan.

Give it a couple of years...you are going to see it happen ;)

Won't happen eventually it will fall through as it should.

In this particular case, I dont see how it is applicable to either India or Pakistan. Both the countries are making a wise decision which benefits them both.

India has surplus electricity in almost all the States that border Pakistan. This power cannot be wheeled across to the power deficit States which are either in Eastern or Southern India unless at huge cost.

On the other hand, Pakistan is power deficit.

In both the cases, its the people who will benefit. Pakistani's will get electricity(directly) and Indian taxpayers will get some relief(indirectly).

The real fun will be when we export Petrol, Diesel and Gas to Pakistan.

Give it a couple of years...you are going to see it happen
;)

Export? We ourselves are in shortage of these unlike Electricity.

Export? We ourselves are in shortage of these unlike Electricity.

Won't happen eventually it will fall through as it should.
Just watch.
In a couple of years after the negative list is pulled down, India will be exporting Oil, Diesel and Gas to Pakistan along with other Petro products.

Though you should know India is one of the largest exporters of refined oil and petro products. Reliance refinery Jamnagar IIRC is the worlds largest 'export only' refinery.

I guess money is more important than poor people.
your knowledge about electricity transmission is next to null i suppose !

FYI, indian power grid is not fully centralized and we dont have a single national grid. So all extra power generated in northern grid (states) can't be sent to other grids hence rather than wasting we are selling them .. !

your knowledge about electricity transmission is next to null i suppose !

FYI, indian power grid is not fully centralized and we dont have a single national grid. So all extra power generated in northern grid (states) can't be sent to other grids hence rather than wasting we are selling them .. !
We do as a matter of fact have a Single Power Grid friend :D

It is now one of the worlds largest grids.

oh nai yara is ko mai ne vote nai diya tha .... jis ne bhi diya hai na..use Allah pouche ga :mad:

Khambay pe rehte ho mager tum neeche nai ateee, Yeh taar bulate hai mager tu idhar nai ate ...
kia baat lolzzzzzzzzzz....

We do as a matter of fact have a Single Power Grid friend :D

It is now one of the worlds largest grids.
my friend.. connectivity doesn't ensure unlimited seamless transmission ! Research a bit on the requirements first .. we need UHV lines of connectivity between each regional grids to make it a fully functional centralized national one. Work has started on it between Wardha and Aurangabad but not fully rolled out yet !

Back
Top Bottom