What's new

Pak-Russia defence agreement

Take it easy. Let some credible source come through otherwise dont need to excite the Indians for no good reason.

The deal has been signed , what more credible sources do we need ? Cm'on ... I am optimistic

If Russia allowed the sale of RD-93 engines to Pakistan then they will also allow other goodies.

The astonishing thing that still baffles me , the sale came at a time when Russia wasn't that keen to enhance its defense ties with Pakistan ...

Why is HQ 9 not working out? besides Russia is working with China on a new Heavy Chopper- that might be offered to Pakistan bcos it cannot be offered to India.

Russian commercial jets may also be offered. Though Russia pushes for sales of S 300 to both India and Iran not sure if its on offer to Pakistan.

We already have them.

I don't think pakistan or Russia interested in defence deal ,Pakistan is using Russia card to counter balance America ,and russia is interested in pakistan Gas pipeline ,Steel mill and afghanistan and there is no way India can object on this front between two sovereign country.
Pakistan can buy weapons from china with easy long term loan and for SAM pakistan can buy HQ-19 from china

A complete version of the S-400, designated the HQ-19, was developed jointly with China. China provided the majority of the funding for development.[2] Photos of the S-400 in China were released by Jane's Information Group in May 2009.[26] Russia has also offered the system to the United Arab Emirates,[27] Malaysia,[citation needed] and Greece.[27

S-400 (SAM) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Well , if you have any idea about our defense procurements then you shouldn't be surprised ...

Pakistanis only knew the existence of Norinco A 100 MBRL after they were fired in Azm-Nau ... Nothing was made public !

That is not right, in our brother forum pakistanidefence .com it was posted and made public before the exercise !

Need is the mother of all inventions.
So russia needs pakistan & pakistan needs russia!
After siryan veto russia sees nato & US a real danger coming its way with 1000 knots, so it wants to arm Iran as its ally in the midLle east , it can't be posible with out bringing pakistan into the trust & confidence , at the same time pakistan doesn't trust US, which it think as a major threat to its nuckes.

Thts why gawadar is been given under the managment of china, which is going to share it with russia , in any misadventure against iran both of them will be able to support iran through gwadar.
This the back ground of the latest visit of COAS to russia, what was achived will never going to be disclosed , but in comming weeks & months we will see , serious weaponry inducted by PA from russia, & thts it!
After withdrawl of US from afghanistan Pakistan , china , iran , russia will going to replace security responsiblities with like minded taliban groups in afghanistan , so can peace in the region could be made long lasting!

BAtman, I tolled you nothing will happen in the olympics, you was so convinced a bomb blast will take place.:taz:

Can anyone specify the nature of the agreement?? What are the objectives achieved by the Pakistani COAS visit to Russia ??

+ IMHO, India will object to any high tech. weapon sale to Pakistan, it objected even when Russians were selling the RD-93 engines to Pakistan, also when US was giving more F-16s to PAF. Yes, it din't stop them from selling what they wanted but certainly delayed a little. I think Russia will never sell a defence equipment to Pakistan that can alter the regional balance, the max. i can think of is giving them attack helos but fighter jets - never.

Senor,

If you have missed the recent development in the middle east and old russian allies---the global power position has shifted against the russians---the regional balance of power has shifted against russia---.

Pakistan is the only major player in this game that can help restore some of russia's lost glory---if it comes to it---india would have no influence at all on russia.

India is caught between a rock and a hard place---it cannot threaten russia---because india is dependant on russian weapons systems---which it can't let go.

Bottom line---russia may chose to deal with pakistan in whatsoever manner and india will have no say in it---. Russia has india in a corner.

As for iran---it has no say in the matter at this time---the sanctions will take care of iran---russia is not counting iran---iran is a liability---Ahmedinijad is a absolute moron of the worst kind.

Pak millitary---pak public---possibly pak media is all in russia's corner---and possibly pask govt as well---.

No nation has ever fallen for russia ever before lock stock and barrell---it is up to russia what to make of it----. Thank you america.

^^ The difference is can Pakistan invest in the hard cash that Indians are splurging on joint projects with Russia. Russia has never been a great votary of soft loans business.

Moreover some doubts:

what Russian combat jet worth its salt is single enginned which apparently is PAF's preferred choice ?

How could Pakistan 'help' Russia restore some of its lost glory ?

Also the depth of Indo-Russian defence co-operation is such that, small things like these would hardly make a dent in that. Apparently there are about 100 joint projects ~ some known, some secret going on between India and Russia.link

Ofcourse Russia can and will have relations with Pakistan on its own merit ~ but to think that those relations would be completely independent of Indo-Russian relationship is only a wishful prospect. Anyway why count the chickens before they hatch ? Once the eggs hatch and live chickens come out, we can discuss about that.

Can anyone specify the nature of the agreement?? What are the objectives achieved by the Pakistani COAS visit to Russia ??

+ IMHO, India will object to any high tech. weapon sale to Pakistan, it objected even when Russians were selling the RD-93 engines to Pakistan, also when US was giving more F-16s to PAF. Yes, it din't stop them from selling what they wanted but certainly delayed a little. I think Russia will never sell a defence equipment to Pakistan that can alter the regional balance, the max. i can think of is giving them attack helos but fighter jets - never.

I can see you are burning, I can only see black smoke everywhere.

Pak Russia relationship will go forward & there is nothing you hindis can do about it because your Govt. is in love with someone else now & it is none other than your new ***** US.

China is helping Pakistan in every possible way to get Pak & Russia together. I feel China, Russia & Pakistan are going to sign pacts & new agreement, which will strengthen all three countries, specially Pakistan.

I am 100% sure India & US will be burning, & US is going to use India to stop Russia from going forward their new friendship with Pakistan. Of this I am 100% sure. We just might see an official from India going to Russia soon. US did not wanted to see this but thanks to ALLAH it is happening. Russia, China & Pakistan will come closer to each other like never before.

I don't think pakistan or Russia interested in defence deal ,Pakistan is using Russia card to counter balance America ,and russia is interested in pakistan Gas pipeline ,Steel mill and afghanistan and there is no way India can object on this front between two sovereign country.
Pakistan can buy weapons from china with easy long term loan and for SAM pakistan can buy HQ-19 from china

A complete version of the S-400, designated the HQ-19, was developed jointly with China. China provided the majority of the funding for development.[2] Photos of the S-400 in China were released by Jane's Information Group in May 2009.[26] Russia has also offered the system to the United Arab Emirates,[27] Malaysia,[citation needed] and Greece.[27

S-400 (SAM) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Here we go again, Hindis can continue burning. Pak & Russia are going forward, there is nothing you can do about it.

Whatever hindis are buying is not disturbing the balance? It is only when Pakistan is buying something then the balance will be disturbed?

Amigo you hindis are jabroni & you hindis have a tiny brain, which only farts. All I will say is you hindis see only Pakistan as country which disturbs the balance in the region, where as the fact is, it is you hindis who are disturbing the balance in the region. What a serious bull **** by you hindis. This shows the thinking capability of you hindis.

Here is another fact for you, Russia is not happy at all with your new love affair & romance with US, & yes you know what your Govt. is doing, yeah they are ditching Russia for US your new lover.

^^ The difference is can Pakistan invest in the hard cash that Indians are splurging on joint projects with Russia. Russia has never been a great votary of soft loans business.

Moreover some doubts:

what Russian combat jet worth its salt is single enginned which apparently is PAF's preferred choice ?

How could Pakistan 'help' Russia restore some of its lost glory ?

Also the depth of Indo-Russian defence co-operation is such that, small things like these would hardly make a dent in that. Apparently there are about 100 joint projects ~ some known, some secret going on between India and Russia.link

Ofcourse Russia can and will have relations with Pakistan on its own merit ~ but to think that those relations would be completely independent of Indo-Russian relationship is only a wishful prospect. Anyway why count the chickens before they hatch ? Once the eggs hatch and live chickens come out, we can discuss about that.

Another bullshit. Hindis think they are some kind of super power in the region or something. Pak & Russia will move forward & there is nothing you all can do anything about it.

But yes we can expect major terror activity from both US & India to damage the relationship because this is what you all use & it is an excuse for US & India as well. Plus I think we will see an Indian official going to Russia soon to stop Pak Russia new friendship but nothing will happen because Russia knows India is ditching Russia for US.

You can hatch as many eggs you want & you can also count the chickens, but you are done. India choose US over Russia.

The deal has been signed , what more credible sources do we need ? Cm'on ... I am optimistic

The astonishing thing that still baffles me , the sale came at a time when Russia wasn't that keen to enhance its defense ties with Pakistan ...

NOT JUST RD-93.... ITS THE OLD STORY DEAR.... IT COULD BE RD-93MA. THE NEW DEVELOPMENT FOR JF-17 BLOCK -2.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom