What's new

`Pak politicians want to resolve Kashmir - but military won't allow this'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, this thread ain't about whose dick is bigger and stronger. The central issue is about why the Kashmir dispute will never be solved.
clearly India's is bigger...........and stronger:D

In sense .Pak military is consuming a big chunk of their budget .And also their nuclear weapons exerting enormous pressure in their economy.

The Kashmir issue has three proponents, India, Pakistan, and the people of Kashmir. Indian claim to Kashmir is based largely on the instrument of accession signed by Maharaja Hari Singh which is entirely legally valid. The Pakistani claim is based on the Muslim majority in the area which is logical. And the people of Kashmir want a separate state due to decades of neglect. Estimations indicate 65-70% people opting for independence in case a plebiscite or referendum is ever held.

But in reality any such referendum is a pipe dream by Kashmir's inhabitants. Kashmir has tremendous strategic value for the defence of both countries. Plus any loss of territory, even ceding an inch would result in immense loss of face and would be tantamount to political suicide for both the regimes. Added to that is zero support from the international community as a separate Kashmir represents a grave threat to south Asian stability.

India seems content with the current status quo, and has made no overture towards the part held by Pakistan. The reason for this is that Indian held area is much more valuable in wealth of resources than the parts under Pakistani or Chinese control. Added to that the completely Muslim population of the Pakistani part as well as the difficulty in access from the Indian side, results in total lack of interest by India in Pakistan's part of Kashmir. Hence for India Kashmir seems to be a settled issue.

On the other hand, since Pakistan got a raw deal in the division of Kashmir, it has engaged in unsuccessful wars and extremism to gain ground in the Indian part. And keeps on raking up the plebiscite issue. Knowing fully well that were a referendum ever held, Kashmir's inhabitants would in a majority choose independence from both countries. And like India, Pakistan would be extremely loathe to lose an inch of it's currently held territory. Hence the plebiscite call by Pakistan is a hollow one, mostly political grandstanding, while simultaneously executing actions like changing the demographics which ensure a plebiscite can never be held.

No one wants a separate and independent Kashmir, not India nor Pakistan, nor the international community, apart from the very people of Kashmir. At best the people in Indian part of Kashmir can hope to eventually improve their living standards due to vast amount of aid by the government of India to the state, much greater than is provided by their Pakistani counterparts.

Apart from that, even though I feel sorry for the populace of Kashmir, any dream of independence would remain just that, only a dream in the foreseeable future, owing to the harsh ground reality and real world scenarios opposing that..

The Kashmir issue has three proponents, India, Pakistan, and the people of Kashmir. Indian claim to Kashmir is based largely on the instrument of accession signed by Maharaja Hari Singh which is entirely legally valid. The Pakistani claim is based on the Muslim majority in the area which is logical. And the people of Kashmir want a separate state due to decades of neglect. Estimations indicate 65-70% people opting for independence in case a plebiscite or referendum is ever held.

But in reality any such referendum is a pipe dream by Kashmir's inhabitants. Kashmir has tremendous strategic value for the defence of both countries. Plus any loss of territory, even ceding an inch would result in immense loss of face and would be tantamount to political suicide for both the regimes. Added to that is zero support from the international community as a separate Kashmir represents a grave threat to south Asian stability.

India seems content with the current status quo, and has made no overture towards the part held by Pakistan. The reason for this is that Indian held area is much more valuable in wealth of resources than the parts under Pakistani or Chinese control. Added to that the completely Muslim population of the Pakistani part as well as the difficulty in access from the Indian side, results in total lack of interest by India in Pakistan's part of Kashmir. Hence for India Kashmir seems to be a settled issue.

On the other hand, since Pakistan got a raw deal in the division of Kashmir, it has engaged in unsuccessful wars and extremism to gain ground in the Indian part. And keeps on raking up the plebiscite issue. Knowing fully well that were a referendum ever held, Kashmir's inhabitants would in a majority choose independence from both countries. And like India, Pakistan would be extremely loathe to lose an inch of it's currently held territory. Hence the plebiscite call by Pakistan is a hollow one, mostly political grandstanding, while simultaneously executing actions like changing the demographics which ensure a plebiscite can never be held.

No one wants a separate and independent Kashmir, not India nor Pakistan, nor the international community, apart from the very people of Kashmir. At best the people in Indian part of Kashmir can hope to eventually improve their living standards due to vast amount of aid by the government of India to the state, much greater than is provided by their Pakistani counterparts.

Apart from that, even though I feel sorry for the populace of Kashmir, any dream of independence would remain just that, only a dream in the foreseeable future, owing to the harsh ground reality and real world scenarios opposing that..
^+1 (as my browser wouldn't show thanks button)
Extremely well put!

a few months back you guys used to say same about US, but now looks like indians have changed their "Daddy" from Russia to "US" your defence forces personnel swap wives and your whole nations swaps "Dads". how shamelss
Sorry , India don't have any Big daddy........and we don't beg for Aid's from Russia/ US unlike PAK do from US and China.

Sirji don't get into Mud slug , your Army mens Rape Balooch peoples etc and your PM and Army mens tries to hide it.

Ok, this thread ain't about whose dick is bigger and stronger. The central issue is about why the Kashmir dispute will never be solved.

that issue has already been resolved and this is the only thing where both Indians and Pakistanis agree, Its mine :)

Sorry , India don't have any Big daddy........and we don't beg for Aid's from Russia/ US unlike PAK do from US and China.

Sirji don't get into Mud slug , your Army mens Rape Balooch peoples etc and your PM and Army mens tries to hide it.

You know when I first joined PDF, by chance that I only read postings from some sane and smart Indian the like of @OrionHunter and many others and I started thinking Indian in general are saner and smarter than Pakistanis, but then I encountered people like you many many more like you and finally came to conclusion that we are same people even in this sense. Thanks for bursting the bubble and not making me feel dumber in front of Indians.

Last edited:
that issue has already been resolved and this is the only thing where both Indians and Pakistanis agree, Its mine :)

You know when I first joined PDF, by chance that I only read postings from some sane and smart Indian the like of @OrionHunter and many others and I started thinking Indian in general are saner and smarter than Pakistanis, but then I encountered people like you many many more like you and finally came to conclusion that we are same people even in this sense. Thanks for bursting the bubble and not making me feel dumber in front of Indians.
Sorry , for making dump people understand you have to speak in their language , then they only understand . If you speak Sci and Technology and Mars in for those dumber people , will they understand what is stress, Force, Gravity , Anti-Matter? NON .... you need to speak their language which they can understand.

The main reason many MNC have the Indian CEO's and no Pak's citizen to reach to that level. Think and find the answer.

Sorry , for making dump people understand you have to speak in their language , then they only understand . If you speak Sci and Technology and Mars in for those dumber people , will they understand what is stress, Force, Gravity , Anti-Matter? NON .... you need to speak their language which they can understand.

The main reason many MNC have the Indian CEO's and no Pak's citizen to reach to that level. Think and find the answer.

I can tell you the reason but you wont like it, yes its true that there are more Indian CEO than Pakistanis and I can tell you the reason from my experience in American Universities. Indian students had no personality and no manners to fit into the crowd and they always hung out with other Indian only mostly studying, they smell like curry from 50 yards away and no one get near to them. there was one guy in my group who would put mustard oil in his hair and jeans that is pressed like a dress pants (creased like you would call it) and wears desi sandals all the time, he had CEO written all over him because even other Indians wont hang out with him. But for your confidence sake just think I am making all this up

I can tell you the reason but you wont like it, yes its true that there are more Indian CEO than Pakistanis and I can tell you the reason from my experience in American Universities. Indian students had no personality and no manners to fit into the crowd and they always hung out with other Indian only mostly studying, they smell like curry from 50 yards away and no one get near to them. there was one guy in my group who would put mustard oil in his hair and jeans that is pressed like a dress pants (creased like you would call it) and wears desi sandals all the time, he had CEO written all over him because even other Indians wont hang out with him. But for your confidence sake just think I am making all this up

Does it really matter what anyone looks like or if they attention whore or no? It only matters where people eventually end up.
Do I know if Satya Nadela was an introverted nerd? NO. I only know that he is the current CEO of Microsoft.
Either way you can tell whatever you want to for your ego's sake maybe that will help you sleep better at night, coz my experience in both Japan and US say otherwise.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom