What's new

Pak PM Nawaz Sharif to attend Narendra Modi's swearing-in ceremony

Big Brothers gave him permission

Pakistan-India relations: Shahbaz meets COAS

LAHORE:Punjab Chief Minister Shahbaz Sharif on Friday called on Chief of Army Staff General Raheel Sharif to discuss Pakistan-India relations in the wake of recent shift of power in New Delhi.

According to well-placed sources, both the CM Punjab and COAS discussed India’s prime minister-in-waiting Narindra Modi’s invitation to Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif to participate in his oath-taking ceremony on May 26 along with SAARC nations’ heads.

They said that both Raheel Sharif and Shahbaz Sharif agreed that in view of the advice of various stakeholders a high-powered delegation, instead of the PM, should attend the ceremony.

The sources said CM Shahbaz and Raheel Sharif discussed composition of the delegation and the possible issues the Pakistani delegation could face during its trip.

They said Shahbaz along with PM’s Special Assistant Tariq Fatemi and Adviser to PM on National Security Sartaj Aziz are likely to participate in the oath-taking ceremony.

Published in The Express Tribune, May 24th, 2014.
Pakistan-India relations: Shahbaz meets COAS – The Express Tribune

Its good he is coming but should not be allowed to meet the Separatists.

Good one Modi, you rattled Nawaj Sharif. He had no other option to come or the establishment would have been pulled from all corners for not letting him go to India.

Now Pakistanis will start lying and giving it another spin that it proves PA doesn't interfere in foreign policy of Pakistan

If Both civilians and military are on board in this decision then it is a very good sign, and that will make us more happy...... Now why are we in denial on Pakistan collectively as you suggest here?????...... Yes we are!!!!! and the reason????? Last time when Nawaz tried something similar with vajpayee we all know what followed...... There is a proverb in Malayalam..... "Choodu vellathil veena poocha, pacha vellam kandal arakkum" - Meaning.... A cat which fell in hot water would be hesitant when seescold water

Why you even complaint? when Last time our Military president done a wonderful job we know what happened and what followed, your democratic PM crumbed under extremists'/hawks' pressure .

The invitation is symbolic and Indian media and Indian members here tried to play this card to accuse and abuse Pakistan army but you guys are now in hot after nothing or the sort happened which you were expecting.

You may not like him , but you cannot ignore Modi.

@ Subject, I think its a good thing NS is coming. We have had enough of this aimless animosity.

Good one Modi, you rattled Nawaj Sharif. He had no other option to come or the establishment would have been pulled from all corners for not letting him go to India.

Now Pakistanis will start lying and giving it another spin that it proves PA doesn't interfere in foreign policy of Pakistan

:omghaha: hahah we can see who is giving it a spin.

you bharotis lost so stop crying even your Herat Drama failed to generate any expected result for you Indians.

NOW Stop being rondooo all the time.

If NS doesnt visit then its a problem for you Indians when he visits even then you lost the balls to throw mud on Pakistan army hahahah

You may not like him , but you cannot ignore Modi.

It is NOT about Modi :) i wonder why even senior people like you sometimes lose your brain to emotions

@ Subject, I think its a good thing NS is coming. We have had enough of this aimless animosity.

:) indeed what MMS failed to do NS did .

Its a good move and our media wanted him to visit.

Indians can burn their donkas as well as heart after NS decided to visit after discussing with all important institutions of Pakistan :)

Your BS line shows your frustration now enjoy it
sounds more like .... after taking permission from all important institutions of Pakistan. Anyway I am not frustrated at all infact I am happy at this development, Modi cleverly side stepped the "No Precondition to the talks". Modi can speak his mind and give Nawaz a "to-do" list before bilateral talks take place.

NS won after a hard battle and have govt in coalition in Sindh so he knows he had to be cautious viz a viz his political career in eyes of public NOT army.

He had been taking pungas with army so that is not a new thing for him. All he did is playing nicely , took a day to discuss with his political allies and came out confidently

Are you saying that there is no tension between NS & the army? Seriously? Would like to know your opinion on how strong NS is and whether you think he will really be able to get the army on board a peace process where Pakistan will probably have to walk back substantially from its stated positions?

Why you even complaint? when Last time our Military president done a wonderful job we know what happened and what followed, your democratic PM crumbed under extremists'/hawks' pressure .

The invitation is symbolic and Indian media and Indian members here tried to play this card to accuse and abuse Pakistan army but you guys are now in hot after nothing or the sort happened which you were expecting.

Where did you hear me complaint????? Now which incident are you talking???

Well you are right the invitation was a symbolic one, and we are forgetting here that this invitation was for not only to nawaz but also to all other SAARC countries..... Why would we be on hot air??? If you are hinting at members/parties who are extreme views... then Pakistan is not saint either, the last night i happened to watch the beloved hafees saeed's speech and i also read some comments from your own country men here....

the irony is we both are arguing and at the same time we agree that this is a good step for both countries....

But that member was saying he has investment in India too, do you know anything about it?
He also has cement factories ... and India imports it from Pakistan if I am not wrong.

Back
Top Bottom