What's new

Pak pilots in Egypt 67-73

Total Destruction

Reaction score
Country
Egypt
20200615_1592234732-415.jpg

Seif El-din Azzam

Pakistani pilots who volunteered to serve in the Jordanian, Iraqi, Egyptian and Syrian air forces shot down 10 Israeli aircraft without losing any of their fellow pilots or a plane.

The strange thing is that the Pakistani contribution to the Arab armies was not mentioned in the books or Arab culture, let alone mentioned in the official books on the history of these Arab wars.

The Pakistani Air Force unit included at least 16 pilots who were serving as volunteers in Jordan, Egypt, Syria and Iraq during the 1967 and 1973 wars.

During the War of 73, Lieutenant Pilot Star Alawi became the first Pakistani pilot to fly a Syrian fighter plane and shoot down an Israeli Mirage fighter plane in air combat.

Another pilot of the Pakistan Air Force flying an Egyptian MiG-21 fighter jet shot down an Israeli F-4 in air combat.

Seif al-Azam (a fighter plane pilot) became the only pilot in the world who shot down 3 Israeli aircraft within 72 hours during air-air combat, and this record remains to this day.

Saif al-Azam is the only pilot in the world who has flew airplanes from 3 different air forces, which are Pakistani, Jordanian and Iraqi.

During the India-Pakistan war in 1965, Saif al-Azam shot down an Indian Gnat plane, which made him the only pilot who shot down 3 different types of aircraft while serving in two different air forces.

Jordan and Iraq honored and awarded Saif al-Azam with medals for his championships, but despite his remarkable military achievements and wonderful services to the Arabs, he is not known to all Arabs and there is little written about him in Arabic.

Z7jTYnn.jpg

So basically , Pak pilots were the most superior pilots muslims have known.

Pakistan played its part as Arab countries of that time created opportunities through their courage and willingness to stand against Israel. Now, most of Arab countries which could have fought Israel are either neutralized through direct or indirect war by USA or through inducement. What is left in the Arab world are rich Arab monarchies which are too timid and too weak to take any stand against Israel despite having huge and advanced armies.

Seif El-din Azzam

Pakistani pilots who volunteered to serve in the Jordanian, Iraqi, Egyptian and Syrian air forces shot down 10 Israeli aircraft without losing any of their fellow pilots or a plane.

The strange thing is that the Pakistani contribution to the Arab armies was not mentioned in the books or Arab culture, let alone mentioned in the official books on the history of these Arab wars.

The Pakistani Air Force unit included at least 16 pilots who were serving as volunteers in Jordan, Egypt, Syria and Iraq during the 1967 and 1973 wars.

During the War of 73, Lieutenant Pilot Star Alawi became the first Pakistani pilot to fly a Syrian fighter plane and shoot down an Israeli Mirage fighter plane in air combat.

Another pilot of the Pakistan Air Force flying an Egyptian MiG-21 fighter jet shot down an Israeli F-4 in air combat.

Seif al-Azam (a fighter plane pilot) became the only pilot in the world who shot down 3 Israeli aircraft within 72 hours during air-air combat, and this record remains to this day.

Saif al-Azam is the only pilot in the world who has flew airplanes from 3 different air forces, which are Pakistani, Jordanian and Iraqi.

During the India-Pakistan war in 1965, Saif al-Azam shot down an Indian Gnat plane, which made him the only pilot who shot down 3 different types of aircraft while serving in two different air forces.

Jordan and Iraq honored and awarded Saif al-Azam with medals for his championships, but despite his remarkable military achievements and wonderful services to the Arabs, he is not known to all Arabs and there is little written about him in Arabic.

Z7jTYnn.jpg

They were/ are even superior to the cunning occupiers.

A reason why 2019 skirmish proved to be a piece of cake for Pakistan.
The score was 11-0 by the way.

@Total Destruction may I know why have you created this thread? Not that I don't want it, but I want to know the motivation.
@Gomig-21

Your topic of interest.

Last edited:
@Total Destruction @ghazi52 - I would request if you have literature on Pak pilots who were based in Zimbabwe from time of independence.

We were monitoring their chatter in Sigs during the mid-80s late 80s'. But later Zimbabwe fell into decline and was no longer a viable threat and monitoring was discontinued. Not sure if they did remain or returned. One person I know said a few decided to opt for Zim citizenship and then disappeared into civilian or opted to go to Uk.

That would be a great thread for the overseas deployed pilots - what happens to them; do they ever return back and if they do; what course they follow?

@Total Destruction may I know why have you created this thread? Not that I don't want it, but I want to know the motivation.
i'm a member of other arab defense forum and were talking about the participation of foreign soldiers and pilots in our wars including pakistanis , north koreans , cubans etc .. so I found it nice to write a thread about Pakistanis.
@Total Destruction @ghazi52 - I would request if you have literature on Pak pilots who were based in Zimbabwe from time of independence.

We were monitoring their chatter in Sigs during the mid-80s late 80s'. But later Zimbabwe fell into decline and was no longer a viable threat and monitoring was discontinued. Not sure if they did remain or returned. One person I know said a few decided to opt for Zim citizenship and then disappeared into civilian or opted to go to Uk.

That would be a great thread for the overseas deployed pilots - what happens to them; do they ever return back and if they do; what course they follow?
First time I hear about Pakistanis pilots in Zimbabwe but I'll search about it.

Our pilots are one of the best there is no doubt, we still have those who will volunteer to fight in air wars, but the Arabs who were at least trying to fight are no more.

Seif El-din Azzam

Z7jTYnn.jpg

Said ud Din was from East Pakistan. What happened to him in 1971? Did he sided with Pakistan or defected to Bangladesh? What happened to him after 1971?

Said ud Din was from East Pakistan. What happened to him in 1971? Did he sided with Pakistan or defected to Bangladesh? What happened to him after 1971?
He didn't defect during war , Pakistan also didn't let him participate in war either

after war he remained there and joined BAF

The Pakistanis did not fly a combat operation in the name of Egypt but did train Libyan and Egyptian Mirage V pilots before 1973. Since the Egyptian Mirage V pilots were transferring from Su-7s and lacked the necessary operation principles for the Mirages. And their manuals were the main source for teaching new cadets air combat precisely at low speeds. The Pakistanis were praised by Samir Mikhael, an Egyptian who would score 2 confirmed, 1 probable and 2 further claims by flying MiG-21 PFL and MiG-21M.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom