What's new

Pak not to grant relief work visas to Indians

Nice to know that Pakistan Govt. is so compassionate regarding sensitivities of Indians:rolleyes:. Especially at a time when when they are running around practically with a "Katora" in hand asking for relief $:D

No surprise that with an attitude like, no one in west wants to help out Pakistan.

Frankly and honestly speaking in this the Indians are sounding like begging Pakistan to accept the aid.

When you got the caution that we do not want it in the first place. The dignified stance would have been that Indians should have been ok with that instead of point scoring.

I do not see any reason to take Indian offer as honest when so-called educated Indians are coming up with abusive remarks that on the renowned Indian newspapers about Pakistan and this Indian offer.

I found it really cheap on part of Indians to blow these peanuts out of proportion

NOTE: As far as your begging remarks and begging bowl. You need to check some statistics about how much international aid India is getting its another matter that you are ashamed of highlighting it.

Besides despite begging Bowl Pakistan still have far less number of beggars and hungry people on its street as compared to economic giant India.

It should be allowed in manageable numbers.

You have to understand that India may infiltrate spies and terrorists under the guise of aid workers so not exercising caution against the Indians would be criminal negligence.

This is not good. India has even allowed thousands of pakistanis to watch cricket match, they can not even allow Indians for relief operations.

Frankly and honestly speaking in this the Indians are sounding like begging Pakistan to accept the aid.

When you got the caution that we do not want it in the first place. The dignified stance would have been that Indians should have been ok with that instead of point scoring

That is because Indians don't let foolish false jingoistic national pride come in between fulfilling the needs of those ravaged by famine.

Think of the reasons why Haiti when got hit back earthquake got inundated with $ in relief funds, as compared to Pakistani situation, where UN sec gen has to make appeals after appeals for countries to step up the aid.

Let me know if you can't come up with any reasons and I'll be more than happy to oblige you.;)

That is because Indians don't let foolish false jingoistic national pride come in between fulfilling the needs of those ravaged by famine.
)

You have a bleak memory or lack of some research. Just get some timeout and research when India was hit by Tusnami it had refused international aid out of its fake jingoistic national pride to shatter it later by accepting the aid ;)

and famine ?????:lol: yeh millions have died of hunger in flooding areas.

If pakistan doesn't want Indians, well and good. There are many more needy people in India that these doctors can attend to. If any, loss is Pakistan's.

If Pakistan feels threatened by the presence of Indian relief workers then they cannot be blamed.

Even India had similar apprehensions about allowing foreign relief workers in the tsunami-hit Andaman and Nicobar islands because of its strategic importance.

As crude as it may sound, but governments/intelligence agencies use such events to transfer their agents/informers to other countries.

EhazR Sir,

You have to accept Pakistan's final Decision as it is they who have to look after Pakistan's Interest which are Paramount to them.

The Pakistani Government must have a "Pakistan's Interests come First" rather than jeopardize Pakistan's Safety and Integrity.

If Indian Government is Foolish enough not to look after India's Interests then so be it, but, it or you or anybody else do not have any authority to Pontificate what they must do.

India has Offered. If it is acceptable to Pakistan then it is Fine and Dandy for both Countries. If Pakistan does not accept then India has not reason to complain.

Let India look after its Interests First and let Pakistan consider its Interests Paramount.

Have a Nice Day.

I second that

Buddy...this is a forum where people discuss and share their opinions....All the points you shared above are true for everyone...If we go by that logic about "none of your concern" then honestly there won't be any topics to discuss, no???

Regarding the current topic one must understand that

- There is a catastrophe on a large scale
- Pak govt has categorically called that they cannot fix things on their own
- International response was/is luke warm
- People need help desperately

Now no one expects Pak to let India infiltrate spies in form of Aid-workers however one must also be sensitive about the needs of people here....Pak is an arch rival for India and i will not like even a single penny given to them however when it comes to common man we all need to humane...

God forbids had you been one of those victims your view would have been entirely different ...so its easy to reason out things but for desperate people those things don't matter much....400 doctors was just a start....however people will not come forward to help if they very well know that Pak will not give them VISA....and the looser in all this would be the unfortunate people who have already lost a lot...don't you think so???

How many times have you to be told that "YOU ARE NOT WANTED"?

By all means help provide succour when you are asked. Until then stay out.

Your constant BEGGING seems to points to your having some sinister agenda - although in your case I agree that you are only trying to share the neighbours' burden.

Sit back and relax. Should Pakistan need Indian help I am sure that they will ask.

Do not try to impose yourself.

Andhe ko road paar karana achi baat hai. lakin andhe ko road paar karni hi na ho to use zabardasti road paar karana achi baat hai kya?

Man they think they can handle this what the hell is the need to enforce Indian doctors. What ever they needed they accepted. What are you going to do zabardasti treat them.

india shud not iterate the statements for help,if they dont want ,it's their wish

i think its more to do with security and is a concern than its valid , one can wonder how many men will be required to provide security to these Drs , and chances are some lunatic is going to attempt to hit these Drs. If some thing goes wrong this thing will turn into another disaster for Pakistan given the fundamental issues we already have WOT and floods.

Pakistan just cant afford more issues right now. We have enough Drs why cant all the students at medical unis come and help out with the releif effort.

DAWN.COM | Pakistan | TTP plan to attack foreign aid workers in Pakistan: US

TTP plan to attack foreign aid workers in Pakistan: US

WASHINGTON: The Pakistani Taliban is planning attacks on foreigners participating in flood relief operations in Pakistan, a US official warned Wednesday.

“According to information available to the US government, Tehrik-e Taliban plans to conduct attacks against foreigners participating in the ongoing flood relief operations in Pakistan,” the official told AFP on condition of anonymity.

“Tehreek-e-Taliban also may be making plans to attack federal and provincial ministers in Islamabad,” the official warned.

The floods have affected an estimated 17.2 million people, of whom at least eight million are believed to need life-saving humanitarian assistance.—AFP

Ejaz R, deckingraj et al : The Pakistani Government is not in deep slumber but wide awake and is cognizant of the ramifications of attack on Foreigners!

Shocking news, TTP attacks on aid workers..:frown:

More shocking is the fact that Pakistan has singled out only Indian and Israeli aid workers and refused their entry..:angry:

i think its more to do with security and is a concern than its valid , one can wonder how many men will be required to provide security to these Drs , and chances are some lunatic is going to attempt to hit these Drs. If some thing goes wrong this thing will turn into another disaster for Pakistan given the fundamental issues we already have WOT and floods.

Pakistan just cant afford more issues right now. We have enough Drs why cant all the students at medical unis come and help out with the releif effort.

Sir, Well said, I wish if only GOP had used this logic as basis of refusal, then it would have sounded more reasonable.

Neither should. Most of these are going to be spies who will incite local sentiments and create sleeper cells. The northern areas of PK are of special interest to India and hence we should keep our vigilance. There is no shortage of relief workers from friendly trusted countries.

Back
Top Bottom