What's new

Pak may never try another Kargil, but it could get worse

Pakistani troops are tied down battling the Taliban and are in no position to launch an offensive strike on India.

Kargil was a brilliant strategic idea but poorly executed.

Pakistan could have won Kargil if it backed its forces in Kargil with heavy weaponry such as Machine Guns and AA Batteries and Anti-Air Missiles, more troops, and better logistics and planting land mines which would have taken a heavy toll on Indian troops.

It doesnt really matter though. Increased connectivity and logistics helps both the people of the respective states as well as the military. Helps the military in fighting a war(if ever) better. And it helps the state with a better economy and better integration with the rest of the country. There's no loss in either case.

would you like to vote on , disintegration of INDIAN ARMED FORCES, all the budget , could be sent to making a better economy?
sir, sory to differ, with your post!
but in this world, power(defence) comes frist, if you can have strong defences you could have a better & guranted economy, thats is the case where, you see america, russia, china, standing now?

Musharraf conveyed fabricated stories to Pakistanis about Kargil: Lt.Gen. Tariq

Pakistan troops and people were conveyed only fabricated stories about the Kargil War by then Army Chief General Pervez Musharraf, according to a senior Pakistani commander having long experience of serving on the Line of Control.

Former Quetta corps commander Lt. General (retired) Tariq Pervez said: "At the beginning of the Kargil conflict, Musharraf, Mehmood and their cronies had tried to display their feelings that they had achieved what I had thought impossible."

"I conveyed that like every Pakistani in uniform, I would have been too happy if the Indians were beaten. Later, it was proved that only fabricated stories were conveyed to the troops and the public," he added.

So true. And we are seeing the results here. Though Mushy failed dismally in Kargil he was probably sucessful in brainwashing an entire generation of Pakistanis who still think they "won" Kargil war...:laugh:.

The mental scars are here for all to see and will probably remain for the rest of their life..:agree:

Pakistani troops are tied down battling the Taliban and are in no position to launch an offensive strike on India.

Pakistan could have won Kargil if it backed its forces in Kargil with heavy weaponry such as Machine Guns and AA Batteries and Anti-Air Missiles, more troops, and better logistics and planting land mines which would have taken a heavy toll on Indian troops.

No, it wouldn't have - the war would have spread to other fronts - including sea and air - just check on Indian deployments after the intrusion and u will know how serious India was.

I'm pretty sure those sent for Kargil, would"ve have those pyjams for some protection against the weather.

In Pakistan we use inners for protection against weather-
btw how pajama suppose to protects one from weather?-

These are PA soldiers- i see no pajamas-

onedaysoldier.jpg

Pakistan-army-EPA11-640x480.jpg

again, the pics were from a PA's ex general's blogs and not from any Indian site so believe what you want.

No, it wouldn't have - the war would have spread to other fronts - including sea and air - just check on Indian deployments after the intrusion and u will know how serious India was.

I doubt it.

Both countries tested nuclear weapons the previous year.

So this was to be a limited conventional war if the Kargil War Spread but USA, NATO and other world powers would have forced both countries to sue for peace.

I doubt it..it just would have been a repeat of 65 ..India was committed to get its territory back..even if it would meant opening a second front.
Plus Pakistan soldiers wouldn't survive there without an air cover..their logistic were already under severe duress due ..aerial and artillery bombardment.

Abuse of History in Pakistan: Bangladesh to Kargil

Case in point,

Musharraf conveyed fabricated stories to Pakistanis about Kargil: Lt.Gen. Tariq

Pakistan troops and people were conveyed only fabricated stories about the Kargil War by then Army Chief General Pervez Musharraf, according to a senior Pakistani commander having long experience of serving on the Line of Control.

Former Quetta corps commander Lt. General (retired) Tariq Pervez said: "At the beginning of the Kargil conflict, Musharraf, Mehmood and their cronies had tried to display their feelings that they had achieved what I had thought impossible."

"I conveyed that like every Pakistani in uniform, I would have been too happy if the Indians were beaten. Later, it was proved that only fabricated stories were conveyed to the troops and the public," he added.

I doubt it.

Both countries tested nuclear weapons the previous year.

So this was to be a limited conventional war if the Kargil War Spread but USA, NATO and other world powers would have forced both countries to sue for peace.

Check on India's deployment and you can assess the seriousness at that time. India was willing to take it up a lot of notches, was one of the primary reasons for your withdrawal as well because Pk was on the wrong here.

Back
Top Bottom