What's new

Pak leader moots common currency for India and Pakistan

Not Possible for atleast next 20 years .

How will this currency work?

Step 1) Kashmir/border Issues resolved (lol you can laugh about it)
Step 2) Visa restrictions relaxed, like they recently did but the visa restrictions will need to be softened up to the level that anybody can enter both nations or entire South Asia with free visa policy?
Step 3) Common Currency

You can all agree to disagree with my above statement but this is what the European countries did. They resolved the border disputes first, softened the visa policy and later eliminated the visa process for the European citizens and only then they were able to form a common currency.

Arabs could form a common currency but the level of disparity was too much to absorb the common currency for every arab nation. We south Asians could do it easily since the GDP per capita, average life, culture, religion, everything is similar to each other or we at least share parts of it.

Well, for whatever it is worth... I am just glad that there are at least some minds on both sides in pdf who think logically about economics and not emotionally/patriotically... Other childish assertions from senior folks on both sides is just usual rhetoric with zero value and no meaning (and senior 'think tank guy"s' assertions and business understanding are economically more meaningless than even the hay that gets rotten by rain and anybody who read monetary and fiscal policy in class 12 will agree with me on that)

For those who think this is stupid if implemented (though we might still be few decades away), here are some real benefits of such a deal (which anyways is an eventual reality and necessity)

1 - Common currency completely uproots the market for fake currencies as fake currency will hurt either side equally then
2 - Common currency gives the legibility of scale and value of joint negotiations with larger blocs and supports growth
3 - Euro currency did not cause the problem. Belief of PIIGS economies that thez can spend more than they ever can earn caused the problem. Frankly, Europe's problems can be solved because they somehow have learned the word responsibility and share the pain. Else, Portugal, Ireland, Italy, Greece and Spain (PIIGS) would have been another Argentina or Zimbabwe. Today they have someone to help them for their own sake as well...
3 - As economics (and thus livelyhood) gets closely intertwined, wars become irrelevant. Look at NAFTA, EU... these treaties IRREVESIBLY STOPPED wars
4 - Defence spending will drop dramatically (and thus extra DOLLARS going west will reduce and we will learn about 'real' possibilities of gaining from west on equal terms) and same spending savings can be used in education, agriculture, industry and poverty alleviation and therefore, our standard of living will improve
5 - The 'incentive' of NOT having an issue that has to be resolved by violence for outweighs the chest thumping, my ego bigger kind of a mind set and will definitely avoid future catastrophy

I know there are a lot of pre-conditions... But, anyone who says that this does not make sense in the long run is just 'not aware or does not understand economics'... My 2 cents

Not a good idea mate, always the more stronger of the two currencies will prevail, so the idea which u initiated by having two currencies, will finally result in only one - SURVIVAL OF THE FITTEST :D
That is not true. Survival of the fittest is applicable only if there is no regulation. The common currency need not be in circulation for general public and can be used just for the purpose of international trade. Also if both countries peg the common currency at say 1/500 th or 1/1000th of a dollar(based on current exchange rates of Indian and Pakistani rupees), then it will not threaten the existing currencies in the respective countries.

^^ He and his father are uneducated. Its enough to say what they have to do in politics....

^^ He and his father are uneducated. Its enough to say what they have to do in politics....

How do you come to that conclusion,Because his father sold fish??
The guy you talking about came in to politics as a student leader.Then how can he be uneducated.He is also a Law graduate and holder of holder of a Master's degree in Political Science.Just shows how prejudiced you are to your own countrymen.

How do you come to that conclusion,Because his father sold fish??
The guy you talking about came in to politics as a student leader.Then how can he be uneducated.He is also a Law graduate and holder of holder of a Master's degree in Political Science.Just shows how prejudiced you are to your own countrymen.

^^ Anyone can get degrees. All you need to do is give some $$$ . :rofl:
If its a law degree then thats even worse because that is the easiest in Pakistan.
P.S there are many fake Doctors in Politics. Dr. Aamir Liquat is one good example.

When you are a criminal, you join hands with other criminals to make life easier.....

Don't ask questions or make any comments based on this because its gets annoying explaining to someone who doesn't know how politics works in Pakistan.

^^ Anyone can get degrees. All you need to do is give some $$$ . :rofl:
P.S there are many fake Doctors in Politics. Dr. Aamir Liquat is one good example.

When you are a criminal, you join hands with other criminals to make life easier.....

Don't ask questions or make any comments based on this because its gets annoying explaining to someone who doesn't know how politics works in Pakistan.

What ever.Its Your country,your politicians.But I will never call anybody uneducated just because his father sold fish.One of my best friend in IIT came from a family of fishermen.Now he he works in a MNC with 6 digit salary.All because his father sold fish.

Must be smoking some good stuff!

Just try not to kill each other, all this dosti yaari, and common currency:rofl: is never going to happen, and I hope it never happens.

What ever.Its Your country,your politicians.But I will never call anybody uneducated just because his father sold fish.One of my best friend in IIT came from a family of fishermen.Now he he works in a MNC with 6 digit salary.All because his father sold fish.

Your story is most probably genuine of a person possibly who committed no crime and who worked his way up through hard work.

Regarding Janghir Badr: No matter how poor you are its not an excuse to buy yourself a degree and meet people who will get you straight into a political party...

From our end, everything starts from the head President Asif Ali Zardari who himself has charges on corruption. He brought Yousuf Raza Gillani as the Prime Minister, later convicted of corruption, Babar Awan, who gets caught to be a fake relgious scholar, and Rehman Malik (a Barber) who is now facing charges of dual nationality, CIA agent, corruption, and murder of late Benazir Bhutto. These are only few example of the people who are sitting at the top. Imagine the rest of the Party sitting at the toe....

Always remember. Criminals always help criminals.

Back
Top Bottom