What's new

Pak incapable of action against terror: Pranab

NEW DELHI: As it awaits a concrete response from Pakistan on steps taken against perpetrators of Mumbai terror attacks, India has raised

questions on whether the government in Islamabad was deliberately not taking action against terrorists or incapable of doing so.

"Yes, one way you can make a differentiation that they are deliberately not doing or are incapable of doing. But as far as India is concerned, the net impact is the same ... the perpetrators are launching terror attacks from the territory of Pakistan," External Affairs Minister Pranab Mukherjee said.

"The infrastructural facilities there (are) used by them (for) committing crimes in India, not necessarily in this case but in a large number of cases in the past," he said in an interview with Al Jazeera news channel.

Mukherjee said India expects the Pakistan government to act against the perpetrators of terror acts operating from Pakistani soil.

"We expect Pakistan to act. Whatever is to be done from our side we are doing so ... but Pakistan has to act because the handlers and planners (of Mumbai attacks) were from Pakistan," he said.

Mukherjee said India expects three things from Pakistan — dismantle terror infrastructural facilities, take strong action against perpetrators of terror attacks and look for fugitives of Indian law who have committed crime in India and taken shelter in Pakistan.

seems like they are capable...:lol::lol::lol:

Its high time, some one from the Pakistani side tell Pranab to shut the **** up.

Its high time, some one from the Pakistani side tell Pranab to shut the **** up.

IceCold, I am waiting for that to happen aswell.
How long are we supposed to put up with his nonsense?
He is clearly anti-Pakistan in any way possible, and him having a very high position and status in India says alot about India's posture and attitude towards Pakistan.

AM, I thought you said that you liked the Plan wherein Peace is given a chance in Kashmir for 10 years and Both Sides after that period go for a plebisicite!

I do like the plan, but India has to come to terms with making peace first - at this point she doesn't seem interested.

Secondly, I am in favor of convincing the legitimate freedom fighters to adopt political protest instead of violent protest, and I am not in favor of the GoP assisting them materially, but the camps and assets of the legitemate freedom fighters should not be shut down IMO, unless India agrees to resolve the dispute in a manner such as the one we mentioned.

I think India has to show her interest in resolving the dispute here first.

Here it is-good terrorists and bad terrorists.

Not at all - it is freedom fighters vs terrorists. Kashmir is an internationally recognized disputed territory, with a means for resolution of the dispute outlined under the UNSC resolutions that India agreed to. Her backing out of that agreement makes her an occupier, and it is an internationally recognized right to resist an occupation - Indians did it, Pakistanis did it, Afghans did it, and the Americans did it too.

India wants assurances from Pakistan that its territory will not be used for attacks, how about India gives assurances that it will stop aiding all anti state activities inside Pakistan?? It goes both ways my friend, you cant really expect us to make all the concessions. As long as your counsulates are being used to fund the activities of militants in Swat, Balochistan and parts of FATA we really cant promise anything.

Yes agree....

It has to be both ways.

so far i only know two mukherje. one is pranab mukherje and the other one is rani mukherje. one thing common in both of them is they speak a lot.
actually pakistan is not leaking out information while carryin our her investigation. that is wats annoyin this FMM (foreign mnister mukherje). he is used to that bollywood style. some action, some gossip, some false information and all wat we saw while indians were doin their investigation. also he is a PM these days so he has got to do something as he would be knowin nothing about the economy which is wat the PM does

Kashmir! Kashmir! Kashmir!...what the hell does Kashmir have to do with Pak acting against terrorists on ITS soil promoted by ITS intellegence agency?
Kashmir was a problem created by Pak, by doubting claims of annexation which was accepted even by Lord Mounbatten. Ever since Pak has been encouraging terror activities on its soilagainst India, In the name of freedom fighters, when you yourself believes they are terrorists,as evident from Zardari's statement that they are terrorists and not freedom fighters.

Do you want another Taliban rule in Kashmir?

How many taliban rule has Kashmir had? And which country in the world today has a province ruled by terrorists? PAKISTAN.

Which country has a peace doctorine with terrorists? PAKISTAn

Which country does the world consider to be perpetraing 70% of the terror in the world PAKISTAN.

WHAT REASON DO YOU HAVE TO NOT TAKE ACTION AGAINST TERROR?

so far i only know two mukherje. one is pranab mukherje and the other one is rani mukherje. one thing common in both of them is they speak a lot.
actually pakistan is not leaking out information while carryin our her investigation. that is wats annoyin this FMM (foreign mnister mukherje). he is used to that bollywood style. some action, some gossip, some false information and all wat we saw while indians were doin their investigation. also he is a PM these days so he has got to do something as he would be knowin nothing about the economy which is wat the PM does

A ministry is not run by a minister, it is headed by a minister. And in any case you should be more worried about your economic condition than India's.

Kashmir! Kashmir! Kashmir!...what the hell does Kashmir have to do with Pak acting against terrorists on ITS soil promoted by ITS intellegence agency?
Kashmir was a problem created by Pak, by doubting claims of annexation which was accepted even by Lord Mounbatten. Ever since Pak has been encouraging terror activities on its soilagainst India, In the name of freedom fighters, when you yourself believes they are terrorists,as evident from Zardari's statement that they are terrorists and not freedom fighters.

Do you want another Taliban rule in Kashmir?

How many taliban rule has Kashmir had? And which country in the world today has a province ruled by terrorists? PAKISTAN.

Which country has a peace doctorine with terrorists? PAKISTAn

Which country does the world consider to be perpetraing 70% of the terror in the world PAKISTAN.

WHAT REASON DO YOU HAVE TO NOT TAKE ACTION AGAINST TERROR?

well u said all that quite easily. we are taking actions against terrorists. that is y we have got our forces on pak afghan border.
even the UN havent declared the kashmiri freedom fighters as terrorists so wat are u talkin about. pak is takin actions against those who are terrorists and not those who are not.
peace doctrine. i dont nkow which one are u talkin about. and if there is any there is nothign wrong with it. how did US manage to control situation in iraq?? by opting for this peace doctrine. but when pak does the same then u have got a problem.
and dont u think u r stretching things too much by sayin one of our province is under taliban rule???? there is problem in swat and some parts of FATA (close to afghan border). it doesnt look lik a province to me.
also u lik it or not. pak has only been encouraging activity which has to do with the freedom of kashmir (internationaly recognised as a disputed territory and not a part of india)

A ministry is not run by a minister, it is headed by a minister. And in any case you should be more worried about your economic condition than India's.

wateva it is. does it really make a difference on this defence forum??? never knew if someones gonna start talkin about english here....... im sorry teacher;)

Pranab Mukherjee is right.

I guess everyone here knows the fact to be true.

Pranab Mukherjee is right.

I guess everyone here knows the fact to be true.

err no - I don't think so many here would be ridiculing PM if he had said anything close to being accurate.

Its all part of the tamasha I referred to earlier - your leadership has turned the Mumbai tragedy into a pawn in a larger game, instead of getting the victims justice.

No sir, I think that is cynicism playing out here.

You are completely entitled to your opinion.
Even though 99,9% of the Pakistanis will disagree with you, and even though you couldn't care less, it would be wise to think why Pakistanis do not really appreciate Mr. Mukherjee and his comments.

Back
Top Bottom