What's new

Pak Hindu MPs stage walkout over terror slur

:) Just brows this forum and you will find a thread with title "Pak judge anti-Islam remarks"

The thread is about the same statement and the judge said

" None Muslims can not carry out these attacks"

BTW when we say Hindus are funding terrorism in Pakistan by that we clearly means INDIA, not Pakistani Hindus :)

First of all, some of your own countrymen do not agree with you.
Second either you are poorly trying to defend the judge's remark or stating that India has only Hindus and Hindus are only in India.

Whatever be the reason, biased mindset.

Last edited:
And BTW when was the last time YOU Indians have ever condemned your Indian Judge for Anti-Muslim remarks??????????

there has been only once that a supreme court judge made what can be taken as an anti-muslim remark....it was when justice katju...made his 'talibanization' comment on some students beard case...

they condemned it...and reversed it...against the school...
read this...

Media and Islam Sunninews.co.cc ! Spreading the Sunni Point of View

M_Id_92531_Supreme_Court

Asking the principal of Nirmala Convent School to immediately take back the student, Mohammad Salim, a Bench comprising Justices B N Agrawal and G S Singhvi expressed its deep anguish at such ridiculous rules framed by schools.

Agreeing with Salim’s counsel senior advocate B A Khan, the Bench said: “How on earth could a school disentitle a student from pursuing studies just because he has kept a beard?” “Then there will be no end to such prima facie ridiculous rules. Tomorrow the school authorities would say they would not allow entry to students who are not fair in complexion,” wondered the Bench. The Bench also appeared quite in sync with the present fashion trends. “These days it is a fashion for youngsters to sport an earring. Can these boys be denied admission to a school?”

The Bench asked before issuing notice to the principal of the convent school and directing it to allow Salim to continue with his studies there. The case had a roller coaster ride in the judiciary. His plea against the “ridiculous” no-beard rule of the school was dismissed by the MP High Court, against which he had appealed in the Supreme Court.

In the SC, he was in for a rude jolt as on April 30 this year a Bench comprising Justices R V Raveendran and Markandey Katju had not only dismissed his appeal, but peppered him with the now infamous “Talibanisation” comment. But, the Bench was quick to regret its comments and on July 6 it had recalled its order along with an apology for the unwarranted comment. Salim had sought quashing of a regulation of Nirmala Convent Higher Secondary School, a government-recognised minority institution in Madhya Pradesh, that required students to be clean-shaven.

It may be remembered that- This case gained Controversy when One its Judge passed derogatory remarks against Beard.

NEWS -Under criticism from Mulsim groups, Supreme Court judge Justice Markandeya Katju apologised for his controversial comments that Muslim students cannot insist on sporting beards as it would lead to ‘Talibanisation’ of the country.

A bench of Justices R V Raveendran and Markandeya Katju also withdrew the order passed by it on March 30 in which it had dismissed the petition filed by a student challenging the directive of a convent school in Madhya Pradesh that Muslims cannot sport beard.

“During the hearing, certain observations were made by one of us (Justice Markandeya Katju). His intentions were not to offend anyone. However, if any one’s feeling has been hurt, he apologises and expresses regret in the matter,” the bench said in an order.

The apex court said since the petitioner Mohd Saleem had expressed apprehension that one of the judges (Katju) was biased it was requesting the Chief Justice of India to place the matter before another bench for hearing.

“The review petition expresses apprehension that one of the judges was biased against the petitioner. We are of the view that the matter should be heard by another bench. We therefore, withdraw the order of March 30, 2009,” the apex court said while referring the matter to another bench for a fresh hearing.

Nirmala Convent High School, Vidisha, Madhya Pradesh, had removed Mohd Saleem, a 10th class student, after he refused to shave his beard on the ground that it was mandatory in Islam.

there has been only once that a supreme court judge made what can be taken as an anti-muslim remark....it was when justice katju...made his 'talibanization' comment on some students beard case...

they condemned it...and reversed it...against the school...
read this...

yes i am talking about that. And i am asking about any condemnation from all these Indian members including you here on this forum if you ever condmen that as well.

Now as far it was only once then for your information non of Pakistani judges ever made any anti-Hindu remarks.

I have already posted the news wherein Justic Shahrif stated that Taliban are responsible for these attacks and NOT non-Muslims.

I think either the PPP minority members have mistaken the remarks or something went wrong because the newspapers have quoted the justice as saying that non-Muslims can not be capable of csarrying out these attacks in Pakistan

First of all, some of your own countrymen does not agree with you.
Second either you are poorly trying to defend the judge's remark or sating that India has only Hindus and Hindus are only in India.

Whatever be the reason, biased mindset.

I have already posted the news wherein Justic Shahrif stated that Taliban are responsible for these attacks and NOT non-Muslims.

I think either the PPP minority members have mistaken the remarks or something went wrong because the newspapers have quoted the justice as saying that non-Muslims can not be capable of csarrying out these attacks in Pakistan.

2. I stand my comment. The general understanding here just like India is the same when you talk about Muslims you take into consideration Pakistan as much as here its the same.

3. Our Hindu Pakistanis have never been involved in any such activity collectively hence they can never be blamed for any attack.

All the Bharatiya members here on this thread if you understand Urdu then read it again what Justic Sharif said

I would throw shi.t for ToI .

here is that news i just found it please check What Justic Sharif said

you disagree to this statement?

BTW when we say Hindus are funding terrorism in Pakistan by that we clearly means INDIA, not Pakistani Hindus :)

Hindus are funding bull in Pakistan==Indians funding bull in Pakistan

does this statement also mean that Muslims of India will not go against Pakistan?
and that it's only Hindus who carry sneak cowardly attacks?

how can anyone endorse such racist and communal views???

India is made of 5 letters..and Hindus is made of 6...it is easier to
type and pronounce...but I guess the communal mindset comes in the way....

I think either the PPP minority members have mistaken the remarks or something went wrong because the newspapers have quoted the justice as saying that non-Muslims can not be capable of csarrying out these attacks in Pakistan.

You may be correct but as per available media reports, it is not Indians which are referred.

I stand my comment. The general understanding here just like India is the same when you talk about Muslims you take into consideration Pakistan as much as here its the same.

You are completly wrong. Muslims does not equal Pakistan. Even India has lots of Muslims, the biggest minority.
Pakistan is certainly an Islamic nation however it can not be treated as representative of muslims by any standards. The sooer you realise the better.

Our Hindu Pakistanis have never been involved in any such activity collectively hence they can never be blamed for any attack.

No Indian said this. Whatever is said by your own countrymen.

Last edited:

[/QUOTE
you disagree to this statement?

Hindus are funding bull in Pakistan==Indians funding bull in Pakistan

does this statement also mean that Muslims of India will not go against Pakistan?
and that it's only Hindus who carry sneak cowardly attacks?

how can anyone endorse such racist and communal views???

India is made of 5 letters..and Hindus is made of 6...it is easier to
type and pronounce...but I guess the communal mindset comes in the way....

You should first prove it that Justic Sharif said what Indian Orange media is claiming.

Here uptill now we dont have any such news which claims Justic Shahrif had given any such statement.

Once its prove then we can debate it.

Rest uptill now its just Indian Orange media

You may be correct but as per available media reports, it is not Indias which are referred.

You are completly wrong. Muslims does not equal Pakistan. Even India has lots of Muslims, the biggest minority.
Pakistan iscertainly an Islamic natin however it can not be treated as representative of muslims by any standards. The sooer you realise the better.

Agree with all but again its not the reality but the preception which i am talking about. The same perception according which you guys call all Muslims as terrorists.

Its the same perception which an Indian Hindu Judge exhibted in Indian Supreme Court by equating beared with Extremism and called all Muslims as Taliban.

No Indian said this. Whatever is said by your own countrymen.

Prove it. Because uptill now its your Indian Orange Media which is saying. My own countrmen never accused Pakistani Hindus for terror attacks.

2. I stand my comment. The general understanding here just like India is the same when you talk about Muslims you take into consideration Pakistan as much as here its the same.
no we have as many muslims as you have...how can we do that?
only the most hindutva-oriented and communal-viewed...uneducated see it like that...
and they are expected to do..say whatever they might...but not people with education...

3. Our Hindu Pakistanis have never been involved in any such activity collectively hence they can never be blamed for any attack.

and still you refer to your enemy as "Hindu"...what injustice...!

p.s:-just to cite an example..most of the Pakistani memebers like using the term..."bharatis"...'bharatiyas"...instead of plain and simple "Indians"...even you have trouble calling us by our real name...

Article author is an Indian giving the reference from TOI,
Basically it's a case of blind leading a blind.
Here ends the argument.

I think what the Chief Justice meant was that HINDUSTANIS were financing terror attacks in Pakistan.

Sometimes when we say Hindus we actually mean Hindustanis, Bharatis, Indians, whatever you wanna call them.

Listen to some famous speeches of our former leaders. When they mention hindus its actually meant for the next door hostile neighbour of ours.

I still call the judge prejudiced. Was he passing a judgment based on any evidence? or was it his own prejudiced mind that came up with the statement that bomb blasts in your country are probably by India. Shouldn't the judge be whiter than white in such matters? What happened to the Innocent until proven guilty stuff?

I still call the judge prejudiced. Was he passing a judgment based on any evidence? or was it his own prejudiced mind that came up with the statement that bomb blasts in your country are probably by India. Shouldn't the judge be whiter than white in such matters? What happened to the Innocent until proven guilty stuff?

My guess is Ajmal Kasab wouldn't agree with you there.
Hence one's preacher can't be the others poacher.

You should first prove it that Justic Sharif said what Indian Orange media is claiming.

Here uptill now we dont have any such news which claims Justic Shahrif had given any such statement.

huh?
Dawn yours?
DAWN.COM | Front Page | A judge is judged in NA, with walkout

It was a rare, judge’s turn to be judged in the National Assembly on Tuesday as Hindu members staged a walkout to protest at reported remarks by the Lahore High Court (LHC) chief justice alleging Hindu financing of terror attacks in the country.

Some members of the Awami National Party too joined the first walkout against the judiciary in Pakistan’s parliament before the protesters were brought back to hear words of sympathy for the injured sentiments and some advice for judges to focus on delivering justice rather than publicity despite a government minister’s statement that the remark by Justice Khawaja Mohammad Sharif while hearing a case in Lahore on Thursday seemed to be “a slip of the tongue”.

The protest was the second raised in the house over press reports in as many days after sharp criticism of Punjab Chief Minister Shahbaz Sharif over his appeal to Taliban in a speech to a seminar in Lahore on Sunday to spare his province terror attacks because of some shared views with his PML-N party.

PPP’s Hindu member Romesh Lal, who raised the issue, said sentiments of an estimated four million Pakistani Hindus had been injured by the LHC chief justice’s remarks, as reported in a section of the press, that while terrorist bomb blasts were being carried out by Muslims, “money used for this came from Hindus”.

The member said if a country was suspected of sponsoring such attacks it should be named, but blame should not be put on just Hindus who, he said, were as good patriots as other Pakistanis.

While drawing attention of President Asif Ali Zardari and Prime Minister Yousuf Raza Gilani to what he called worry caused to Hindus, he appealed to Supreme Court Chief Justice Iftikhar Mohammad Chaudhry to take suo motu notice of Justice Sharif’s remarks.

As Inter-Provincial Coordination Minister Pir Aftab Shah Jilani and some other members of the ruling PPP went out of the chamber to persuade the protesters to return, party chief whip and Labour and Manpower Minister Khurshid Ahmed Shah told the house the judge seemed to be blaming India for financing the Taliban rather Hindus, adding he was sure a clarification would come “by tomorrow”.

PML-N’s Rashid Akbar Niwani said judges should devote to dispensation of justice instead of seeking publicity as he also advised the media to exercise “restraint”, particularly blasting unspecified television anchorpersons who, he said, should also be held accountable for their earnings together with “heads of (government) institutions” as often-maligned elected politicians.

Most of the sitting on the private members’ day, chaired by PML-Q member Riaz Hussain Pirzada, was consumed by points of order after five private bills were allowed by the government to be introduced by their authors from both sides of the house and sent to standing committees concerned before the house was adjourned until 4pm on Wednesday.

Stop the usual BS - Its YOUR pakistani media that published the news, its YOUR pakistani lawmakers that raised it in YOUR parliament and its YOUR pakistani judge who reportedly said that - just ranting abt indian media does not hide YOUR OWN shortcomings.

DAWN.COM | Editorial | Tactless remarks

Daily Times - Leading News Resource of Pakistan

Of moneyed Hindus, Nawab sahib’s deadly post master & next finance minister

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom