What's new

Pak economy vs indian economy

Status
Not open for further replies.
just back for few days at home , trying to surf in between and found this nice forum

i am sry i just started writing the facts without caring of flag etc it was my first post undermine pakistan or anything neither i want to hide behind pakistani flag btw i was just represting the facts,
But why use a Pakistani flag in your profile? :confused:

how people can be blind in emotions not able to see the true problems ...i think real problem facing pakistan is terrorism and not india
Terrorism is our main threat, India second.

,neways just think how can you think india as anti islamic when its only country where muslim have haj subsidy, their population has increased from 10 % to 15% ,
Gujrat massacre rings a bell?

instead see how hindus in pakistan decreased or killed from 24% to 1 % after independence ,
They migrated volunterely. To me it seems that hindus somehow don't want to live in a muslim dominated society.

Further kashmir issue also its not we would like to keep small part of kashmir valley forcefully (kashmir in india's possiion is 1/3 of valley and its smallest region in J &K, jamu and ladakh is big parts ) , but making kashmir valley free just becoz its majority muslim and its ethinic cleaning from hindus has left very less hindus
But you are keeping it forcefully! Kashmiri's never got the chance to speak for themselves, they were sold out to India by power hungry and selfish ruler Hari Singh.

,But it would be attack on indian sucular structure and would challenge the right of 15% muslims in india to live here , It would mean if any part islam thrives it will part from india , it means two religions cant live together and secularism is false ,also democracy is , Btw jinnah also declared paksitan a state where all religion would have equal rights but what minorities got there ? and still your media potrays how shabbily we treat muslims in india , you got to appreciate that we had even president , prime ministers and cm of majority hindu majority states as muslims , how many muslim country had non muslim president before hating us ? just think
Indian secular structure is restricted to official levels and kept alive artificially, hindus dominate the social structure and there's religious and ethnic discrimination all over the country.

Btw u can tell me how to change flag
Go to your Control Panel and change location and flag. I've changed it for you. When you're back in California, feel free to change the location flag again.

Last edited:
BTW our tricolour is more precious than our skin, although we dont hate your flag....or any other in the world , grow up beyond those boundries atleast in thinking .

you got to appreciate that we had even president , prime ministers and cm of majority hindu majority states as muslims , how many muslim country had non muslim president before hating us ? just think ...any answers

Migrated voluntarily ....u mean u dont stories of how hindus and sikh were killed, ask all those population of people who were rendered homeless and for saving their life they took shelter in india ( i dont say there no killing on indian side and there are no muhajir in pakistan) , btw please dont sell me official pakistani political opinion i am not selling u view of indian govt , i dont say there is no discrimination in india , but there is also positive discrimination and lot of aid to muslims and other minorities as well,please visit india and also listen opinion of all people before making final mind on any issue

There was a godhra inceident before gujrat , btw inspite of that no india think such was good , and have condemned it,

Btw i am amazed that inspite of so many fatwas against various people , even against Mr zardari , why cant any courageous maulvi issue fatwa against terrorism of all kind and religions , i think when it will happen even other religion people will join in such jehad and world can be a better place to live

Btw
Mr neo , thanks for changing the flag ...i found most of your posts relatively reasonable but you got to agree with me that view of people of both side is a bit distorted toward each other and away from reality,i think may be effect of media of both countries and years of suspicion and hate , i think history has ample egs of what happen form hate ...as it happened in wwII which was not war in my opinion but something else becoz all nations in europe were not fighting for land but complete destruction of each other's culture and even signs

But why use a Pakistani flag in your profile? :confused:

Teroorism is our main thread, India second.

They migrated volunterely. To me it seems that hindus somehow don't want to live in a muslim dominated society.

But you are keeping it forcefully! Kashmiri's never got the chance to speak for themselves, they were sold out to India by power hungry and selfish ruler Hari Singh.

Indian secular structure is restricted to official levels and kept alive artificially, hindus dominate the social structure and there's religious and ethnic discrimination all over the country.

I dont understand where u got this info from. There were 500 odd princely states in india. The brits gave the reigning monarchs the freedom to join either india, pak or remain independent. The so called "public opinion" did not exist in 1947. The only public opinion that existed was a knife against the neck.

India forced most of the princely states to join it, either militarily coerced or diplomatic "threats." Some, like Nepal were allowed to become independent, because Nepal had signed a standstill agreement with the British.

Kashmir had also signed a standstill agreement with the British. But neither india nor pak wanted Kashmir to be free. At the same time, Hari singh thought that Kashmir would be better off if it were independent. After the invasion of the irregular forces from pak, circumstances forced Hari singh to cede kashmir to india formally.

Actually, india has more credibility for taking over kashmir than that of taking over other provinces like hyderabad and goa. Atleast Hari Singh signed the succession rights in a diplomatic fashion. Hyderabad and Goa were invaded and the Nizam and the Portugese respectively were kicked out unceremoniously.

Had Pak not invaded, Kashmir would have been a free nation by now.

Come to India and point it out to me please. I was trying out for the last seat in an engineering coll. I was denied the seat because some Muslim guy, who had lower marks than i had, got it just cause he was muslim. The college authorities told me that they had no choice since the muslim quota was not filled. Is that even fair.

Education and govt jobs give first priority to muslims, christians and other minorities. Upper class hindus are not allowed any quota cause we are deemed "self sufficient."

One of my Muslim friends wrote "GENERAL QUOTA"(same as mine) instead of MUSLIM QUOTA on the application only to be fair. Actually he is the only muslim guy i have ever seen with a bible in his house.

The problem is that pakistani and chinese newspapers print only the negative points of India. U need to come to india and actually live with educated moderate muslims in india for u to get the true picture.

In India many muslims undergo MADRASA education. Meaning they are well versed in Quran but not in mathematics, science and arts; subjects which are nothing short of heresy. So, when they grow older they can barely compete with children of other religions and are therefore sidelined from the mainstream economy. In the end they only carry jealousy and hatred and become anti-social.

I myself have seen so many "friends" as kids and malik-naukar when grown up. People I played cricket with as kids ended up washing my car 10 years. later. I forgot to mention, some of them ended up in prison and are also drug addicts.

Last edited:
BTW our tricolour is more precious than our skin, although we dont hate your flag....or any other in the world , grow up beyond those boundries atleast in thinking .

Grow up?? :confused: I'm not the one hiding behind a foreign flag, you are!
You still haven't answered my question. Why did you select a Pakistani flag in your profile??

Mr Fuhrer and P2prada,

Lets not further derail the thread. The topic is Pak economy vs Indian economy.

There's a dedicated threads about secular India, please post your comments there.

Thanks!

India PM ready to help IMF crisis loans - paper
Mon Oct 20, 2008 9:50pm EDT Email | Print | Share| Reprints | Single Page | Recommend (0) [-] Text [+]
Market News
Dollar falls to seven-month low against the yen
Stocks extend losses on recession fear
Global stocks, commodities fall on slowing growth
More Business & Investing News... (For more stories on the financial crisis click [ID:nCRISIS])

TOKYO, Oct 21 (Reuters) - Indian Prime Minister Manmohan Singh said his country was ready to cooperate in an International Monetary Fund loan scheme to rescue countries struck down by the global credit crisis, Japan's Nikkei newspaper reported on Tuesday.

At the Group of Seven finance leaders' meeting in Washington this month, Japan said it was ready to offer part of its $1 trillion foreign reserves to the IMF if the multi-national lender needed it to support countries facing economic crises.

Singh told a group interview with Japanese media on Monday that India, with foreign exchange reserves of roughly $300 billion, would happily accept any request for cooperation in expanding the IMF's emergency lending scheme, the Nikkei said.

Singh is due to arrive in Japan on Tuesday to meet Japanese Prime Minister Taro Aso before heading to China for a summit of Asian and European nations later this week. (Reporting by Leika Kihara; Editing by Rodney Joyce)

Pakistan Needs a Marshal Plan

22 October 2008 Print E-mail
Pakistan is in the grip of a severe economic crisis. So much so the country faces the risk of defaulting on its foreign debt. Its foreign exchange reserves have slumped to a mere $4 billion. Soaring two-digit inflation, power crisis and a bearish brokerage further compound the situation.

Pakistan is desperately looking for an urgent relief of $2 to 3 billion. After knocking at the doors of United States, European Union, Arab friends and even China, Islamabad is now contemplating a rescue package by the International Monetary Fund (IMF) as the last resort. Even though President Asif Ali Zardari’s maiden visit to Beijing has won him many investment promises as well as an accord to set up two nuclear power plants, the desired injection of cash to the tune of at least $1.5 billion hasn’t materialised.

An IMF-backed plan would require the government to cut spending, slash subsidies and raise taxes, which would be quite taxing for a nation already reeling from severe economic hardship. It will also be difficult for the country’s democratic leadership to sell at home. Prime Minister’s Advisor on Finance Shaukat Tareen has raised the ante by saying that if Pakistan didn’t get the urgently needed help from its friends within 30 days, it will have to turn to the IMF. The country has a history of bitter experiences with global lenders like IMF and World Bank. Such loans in the past had stalled its growth and jeopardised many growing industries. It will also have to scrap government subsidies and cut down on government spending leading to much domestic disgruntlement.

But Pakistan is on the brink and needs to make a swift decision. Its deficit has widened by 42 per cent to a staggering $3.95b. If even the unpopular IMF bailout doesn’t come its way, the country - facing an imminent bankruptcy - will be forced to clamp down on imports and capital flows. It might result in a run on the banks and inflation soaring further sky-high.

Yet Pakistan hasn’t give up on its hopes. The government is mulling a three-point plan of action. Under its first preference, it is looking for soft loans from the World Bank ($1.5b), ADB ($1.6b), Islamic Development bank $1 billion and DFID ($500m), as well as the hope of raising around $7 billion in remittances from expatriates.

If that hit snags, Islamabad expects its friends to come to its rescue. It hopes Saudi Arabia and China will once again bail it out and is banking on the ‘Friends of Pakistan’ meeting in Abu Dhabi next month.

And, of course, as a last resort it can always sign on the dotted line with the IMF. Pakistan is neither a lost case nor should it fail. The nation needs a Marshal Plan and the world must be aware of the cost of allowing it to fail

Both post are self descriptive , i dont need to elaborate who is offering aid to IMF and who is asking urgent aid from IMF, do you think there is anything to compare on economic front

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom