What's new

Pak economy vs indian economy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sir, I think the title of the post and the first post have little relationship. Imho, we cannot compare Pak to India in terms of economy. Atleast not right now. the one thing Pak can be real proud of, however, is that inspite of such stunted econominc growth, it has managed to equate India in terms of military and airforce powers.

If the same amount of passion exists, there is no problem for Pakistan to equal and later on outdo India in economy.

Only big problem is, Pak corruption much much higher than India. Pak president simply does not inspire much confidence!

Pakistan Faces Bankruptcy, Wants $100bn Handout

The UK's Daily Telegraph reports that Pakistan may be the first nation to go bankrupt as a result of the continuing global financial meltdown.

Officially, the central bank holds $8.14 billion (£4.65 billion) of foreign currency, but if forward liabilities are included, the real reserves may be only $3 billion - enough to buy about 30 days of imports like oil and food.

Nine months ago, Pakistan had $16 bn in the coffers.

The government is engulfed by crises left behind by Pervez Musharraf, the military ruler who resigned the presidency in August. High oil prices have combined with endemic corruption and mismanagement to inflict huge damage on the economy.

Given the country's standing as a frontline state in the US-led "war on terrorism", the economic crisis has profound consequences. Pakistan already faces worsening security as the army clashes with militants in the lawless Tribal Areas on the north-west frontier with Afghanistan.

... Mr Zardari told the Wall Street Journal that Pakistan needed a bail out worth $100 billion from the international community.

"If I can't pay my own oil bill, how am I going to increase my police?" he asked. "The oil companies are asking me to pay $135 [per barrel] of oil and at the same time they want me to keep the world peaceful and Pakistan peaceful."

The ratings agency Standard and Poor's has given Pakistan's sovereign debt a grade of CCC +, which stands only a few notches above the default level.

The economic crisis might yet end Pakistan's newly elected government, which is facing a crisis of confidence already as it battles 25% inflation, a drowning currency and a President with a reputation as "Mr 10%" for past corruption. It's also unclear that even a $100 billion bailout would be enough to stave off Pakistan's money woes, since the security situation is itself feeding the economic crisis there - investors don't want to know about a nation so obviously on the verge of failure.

and on contrast
Indian economy to perform well: IMF
Print Email Feedback DiscussRate Article
Rating: Agencies
Posted: Oct 11, 2008 at 1518 hrs IST
Washington, October 11: Dismissing fears of global financial contagion impacting India, the International Monetary Fund has said that the country's economy will continue to perform well.
"Overall, we see the Indian economy continuing to perform well," said Oliver Blanchard, Economic Counselor and Director of International Monetary Fund (IMF) Research Department here recently.

Pointing out that there will be some impact of the tighter global liquidity conditions on India, he said, "We don't see major drag from this impact on the country."

According to the projections made by the World Economic Outlook (WEO) released recently by the IMF, India is likely to register a Gross Domestic Product (GDP) growth of 7.9 per cent in 2008-09, which may slip to 6.9 per cent in 2009-10

what are we comparing , btw no serious indian would like to see a bankrupt pakistan on its border , and taken over by talibans and all moderate pakistanis pussed to corner ...its horror ..............

Btw i would prefer if pakistanis should stop comparing with india coz there is nothing to compare considering size of economy, million other reason isntead it should compare witha country of its own size and first of all get rid of those corrupt people in its own system and win war against all talibs bombing everything which paksitanis have created over the years

Pakistan should just think first about its own survival isntead engaging in race with any of its neighbours coz its real emey are now with in , the hardliners have done more harm than any indian or jew has done to its interest .such stupid topics and tahnking ourselves is like blinding ourselves to rampaging corruption and celebrating the decline of own economy and living in fools paradise .

paksitan gdp is only 160 billion $ where as a state in india maharshtra's 165 billion , it plans to do $ 220 billion by 2010, pakistan's prjected is 192 only

pakistan should beat it first, and also beat israel at 176 look much closer , so gun them first

search for list of contries by future gdp on google , u would get the whole list

Mt Fuhrer2008,

Thank you for your brilliant 'Indian' perception and explanation of our economy.

Kindly request you to adjust your profile before you make your next post. Jaipur is nowhere near California its in Rajastan, India ;)
Therefor please change your location flag with the tri color, Rajastan is still in Indian hands, not Pakistan...not yet. :smokin:

Btw, welcome aboard and enjoy our stay! :enjoy:

I wonder where have those people disappeared who criticized India in the beginning of this post (2006) for building forex reserves and believed that Pakistan`s economy is doing better than India. I don`t want to hurt anyone but I would request the members of this forum to not criticized India for all bad things that happen in subcontinent or sometimes to Pakistan and acknowledge the good things done by India.

I wonder where have those people disappeared who criticized India in the beginning of this post (2006) for building forex reserves and believed that Pakistan`s economy is doing better than India. I don`t want to hurt anyone but I would request the members of this forum to not criticized India for all bad things that happen in subcontinent or sometimes to Pakistan and acknowledge the good things done by India.

Indeed - I would encourage Indians here and on other forums to do the same.

Mt Fuhrer2008,

Thank you for your brilliant 'Indian' perception and explanation of our economy.

Kindly request you to adjust your profile before you make your next post. Jaipur is nowhere near California its in Rajastan, India ;)
Therefor please change your location flag with the tri color, Rajastan is still in Indian hands, not Pakistan...not yet. :smokin:

Btw, welcome aboard and enjoy our stay! :enjoy:

I didn't even have to run traces and I knew - just showed through the language. :D

You get to recognize subtle clues in the structure, language and tone of posts after a while ....

I didn't even have to run traces and I knew - just showed through the language. :D

You get to recognize subtle clues in the structure, language and tone of posts after a while ....

Not to undermine your instincts, but his posts were kind of anti pakistan anyway.

For the facts he presented though, I'm impressed just Maharashtra outperforms the whole of pakistan!

Not to undermine your instincts, but his posts were kind of anti pakistan anyway.

For the facts he presented though, I'm impressed just Maharashtra outperforms the whole of pakistan!

He is probably saying truth in terms of GDP

India (https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/geos/in.html)
-----
GDP (purchasing power parity): $2.966 trillion (2007 est.)
GDP (official exchange rate): $1.099 trillion (2007 est.)

Pakistan (https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/geos/pk.html)
---------
GDP (purchasing power parity): $411.9 billion (2007 est.)
GDP (official exchange rate): $143.8 billion (2007 est.)
-------------------------------
Maharashtra GDP (purchasing power parity) = 10 % of 2.9666 trillion = 296 billion * 1.4 = $414.4 billion
Maharashtra GDP official exchange rate = 15% of India's GDP = $154.4 billion
------------------------------
( Calculations -
Maharashtra's Per capita income 2007= Rs 41,331 i.e 1.4 % higher than rest of India = $ 1033
(Maharashtra poised for 9 percent growth in 2007-08)
Maharashtra's population 2007 = 10.5 % of India = 10.5 % 105 billion = 10 Billion

Actually it takes only a few seconds to run an IP check I usually do that for every new entry.

Just don't understand why some Indians would hide behind the Pak Flag to be heard...aren't we giving them equal rights, reasteps and treatment here? :confused:

Ar they somehow ashamed of the Tri-color and envy our beautifull green & white? :pakistan: :azn:

He is probably saying truth in terms of GDP

India (https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/geos/in.html)
-----
GDP (purchasing power parity): $2.966 trillion (2007 est.)
GDP (official exchange rate): $1.099 trillion (2007 est.)

Pakistan (https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/geos/pk.html)
---------
GDP (purchasing power parity): $411.9 billion (2007 est.)
GDP (official exchange rate): $143.8 billion (2007 est.)
-------------------------------
Maharashtra GDP (purchasing power parity) = 10 % of 2.9666 trillion = 296 billion * 1.4 = $414.4 billion
Maharashtra GDP official exchange rate = 15% of India's GDP = $154.4 billion
------------------------------
( Calculations -
Maharashtra's Per capita income 2007= Rs 41,331 i.e 1.4 % higher than rest of India = $ 1033
(Maharashtra poised for 9 percent growth in 2007-08)
Maharashtra's population 2007 = 10.5 % of India = 10.5 % 105 billion = 10 Billion

Please don't feed the trolls. :sick:

Please don't feed the trolls. :sick:

Common Neo, I don't support trolls. Infact i did not remember his name while posting. I had inclination that he may not be lying .I did some research and posted facts which I thought was the right way sending message to the poster about about importance of data.

i am sry i just started writing the facts without caring of flag etc it was my first post undermine pakistan or anything neither i want to hide behind pakistani flag btw i was just represting the facts, how people can be blind in emotions not able to see the true problems ...i think real problem facing pakistan is terrorism and not india ,neways just think how can you think india as anti islamic when its only country where muslim have haj subsidy, their population has increased from 10 % to 15% , instead see how hindus in pakistan decreased or killed from 24% to 1 % after independence , Further kashmir issue also its not we would like to keep small part of kashmir valley forcefully (kashmir in india's possiion is 1/3 of valley and its smallest region in J &K, jamu and ladakh is big parts ) , but making kashmir valley free just becoz its majority muslim and its ethinic cleaning from hindus has left very less hindus ,But it would be attack on indian sucular structure and would challenge the right of 15% muslims in india to live here , It would mean if any part islam thrives it will part from india , it means two religions cant live together and secularism is false ,also democracy is , Btw jinnah also declared paksitan a state where all religion would have equal rights but what minorities got there ? and still your media potrays how shabbily we treat muslims in india , you got to appreciate that we had even president , prime ministers and cm of majority hindu majority states as muslims , how many muslim country had non muslim president before hating us ? just think

Btw u can tell me how to change flag

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom