What's new

Pak economy vs indian economy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Comanche said:
but mr prasant. as part of a group we went to karachi from montreal and the minute i landed at the airport i thouth i was in heathrow or changi airport. everything was world class and the drive from the airpiort to the sheraton was like driving in any main highway in L.A or london. the roads were clean traffic was orderly and there were flyovers and highrises. then we landed at the bombay airport. well there was no airconditioning working, its was filthy, smelly, everything was made out of cheap plastic the people were rude and then there were beggars everywhere. then we get on the road and i saw slums poverty beggars overcrowded buses bleching out smokes it was scary. if india reduceds its poveryt we didnt see it.
but ourhotel was nice and was pleased with it . it was called hotel taj i think and most of us just did our business and stayed within the hotel and didnt get out at all.. becuz it was way too scary.

this is for u an article that came in TOI abt the mumbai losing its sheen.

http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/quickies/1481634.cms

Comanche said:
yes imsoree if i offent but my english isnt very good and im very honest and blunt

Please register in class of speech manipulation and deception ;)

Ahsan_R said:
Listen guys, don't be so pro-indian, cause the indians will never say anything positive about Pakistan in return. Their main task is to spread as much lies and propaganda about Pakistan as possible.

:thumbsup: they are at best on this front and we had to accept it :)

Prashant said:
janaaaaaaaaaa....:cool:

Sorry no offense was meant, im seriouse i think and i had observed it that ur countrymen and leaders are very good at propoganda and i tell i used to listen to All India Radio when i was in school 8th grade and from there i had learned how Indian media and journalist use affective propoganda against Pakistan and i think its a skill u r very good at.

sigatoka said:
I am getting sick of this foreign exchange reserves crap, we dont live in the 17th century. Maximization of foreign reserves is a goal that was rightfully left behind in the 17th century.

you meant to say that foreign exchange reserves have no participation in country's economy:crazy2: . and yes, we don't live in 17th century. that's why china's reserves are touching $1trillion. BTW: these are the key indicators to attract FDI.

Ahsan_R said:
Listen guys, don't be so pro-indian, cause the indians will never say anything positive about Pakistan in return.
Sir with all respect, being realistic doesn't mean being pro-indian.
Their main task is to spread as much lies and propaganda about Pakistan as possible.
Agreed, but as a moderate person I still have the choice wether or not to reply evil with evil.

Like I already posted above, there's no fair comparison between the two countries, they are both doing fine.
Lets just focus on our side, not the other one. :thumbsup:

Neo said:
Sir with all respect, being realistic doesn't mean being pro-indian.

Agreed, but as a moderate person I still have the choice wether or not to reply evil with evil.

Like I already posted above, there's no fair comparison between the two countries, they are both doing fine.
Lets just focus on our side, not the other one. :thumbsup:
I seriously would focus on our side, but you know with the 24/7 propaganda, incredible amount of lies, obession with Pakistan, etc etc, you should realize that the indians focus quite a bit on our side when they probably have more problems than we do. When we do it in return, they start whining.

I'm very well aware of this problem Ahsan, we're confronted with this phenomena on every single forum there is!
But like I posted above, should we treat evil with evil?
Then there would be no difference between the moderate community and trolls, lets not do that!

Our board is a clean one, full of rolemodels from both side.
I'm proud of them! :thumbsup:

RAPTOR said:
Alas, we experience it on this forum as well. one hears the constant whinning and screaming by the indians if someone exposes the truth about their mother india.

If you want to teach them the truth you do it in a CORRECT manner, and DONOT taunt them. We will treat everyone equal, and every one has opinion and freedom of speech, but it comes with respect and responsiblity.

If you can't handle it, suspensions will be given as a treat. ;)

WebMaster said:
If you want to teach them the truth you do it in a CORRECT manner, and DONOT taunt them. We will treat everyone equal, and every one has opinion and freedom of speech, but it comes with respect and responsiblity.

If you can't handle it, suspensions will be given as a treat. ;)

:rolleyes: there goes webby, showing us the size of his Thunder Bolt again :rolleyes:

What is the correct way to tell them? please let us know before you hand out our suspensions ;)

Well if you would have known some forum etiquettes and some simple rules you wouldn't ask this question.

The only acceptable behaviour is talk to them as they are your friends or be neutral. You DONOT taunt, pick sides, or show your extreme view to them. These only encourages flame wars, rude comments from both sides than discussing, solving, and changing each others views or correcting them. Talk with sources, concisely, and in a professional manner!

DONOT CONSIDER THEM A THREAT OR YOUR ENEMY!

If you can't do that then its simple that you have not cover up the immaturity rate or your too young to discuss and debate, and for that matter there is no place for such person in this forum.

WebMaster said:
Well if you would have known some forum etiquettes and some simple rules you wouldn't ask this question.

The only acceptable behaviour is talk to them as they are your friends or be neutral. You DONOT taunt, pick sides, or show your extreme view to them. These only encourages flame wars, rude comments from both sides than discussing, solving, and changing each others views or correcting them. Talk with sources, concisely, and in a professional manner!

DONOT CONSIDER THEM A THREAT OR YOUR ENEMY!

If you can't do that then its simple that you have not cover up the immaturity rate or your too young to discuss and debate, and for that matter there is no place for such person in this forum.

Yup i agree :thumbsup:

Neo said:
The reality is that Indian GDP stands at $748 billion against Pakistan's $115 billion.
GAP between the countries becomes even bigger using the PPP formula!
India has bigger economy and higher growth rate, so we have a lot of catching up to do.
We're doeing just fine, but still not good enough to outplay India!

Your problem Neo is that you are concentrating too much on short term economic growth which can't be affected much but by affecting demand which can place inflationary pressures. Pakistan recently has been addressing important supply side issues particulary and most importantly FDI. Foreign Direct Investment coupled with Freerer trade is the difference between India and China. India has been moving much more slowly compared to Pakistan in relation to FDI. It is too slow in reducing restrictions which will be telling in the ten-15 year period which is when supply side changes implemented today begin to have effect.

If Pakistan is to overtake India in economic size it must tear down the restrictions on trade which take the form of quatas (terrible) and tarriffs (very bad). It must also tear down the restrictions to Foreign Direct Investment which is stifling economic growth. The government should increase spending on Roads, Airports, Ports and Hospitals which are very poor and which would give high social returns.

China's blistering economic growth has come about because of its changed attitude towards trade and FDI. It has also not shied away from investing in Roads, Ports, Airports and other infrastructure projects like India and Pakistan.

Bull said:
Its other way around 300mn poor people,Indians poverty level is less than 25% as per WB reports.I admit that even thats a big figure.

i was being generous when i used 300m. Middle income people number 75m according to other reports.

25% poverty means terrible poverty. Not the kind of poverty that other nations use to describe poverty. By Aust. standards, 75% of Indians are poor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom