What's new

Pak Christian Girl 13 Raped by 5 Muslim Men

Status
Not open for further replies.
I too agree that the title is misleading and comes from an anti-Pakistan and anti-muslim publication, its known for posting bias.

Authors intentions aren't to raise sympathy or to plead for her case but rather to divert attention to religion and fuel ethnic and religious devide.
Its pathetic and unfair to the victom. :tsk:

I wonder if the author ever writes about abuses in Bosnia-Herzegovina at the hands of Serbian Christians who molested thousands of women and children. :rolleyes:

That is sometimes the case, but not necessarily the percentage is that high. I expect 180 percent rape cases not reported in India, but that is a totally different topic.

Gosh, so yet another anti-Pakistani publication making up stories eh?

Can't help bring up India, can you? Old habits die hard, I guess.

Tell me seriously, does a rape in Bharat get reported under religious classification of the perpetrators?

A rapist has no religion while he commits this dispicable crime.

Tell me seriously, does a rape in Bharat get reported under religious classification of the perpetrators?

A rapist has no religion while he commits this dispicable crime.

Hence my earlier comment:

Its highly unlikely that the Christian paper is making up the story. However, its interpretation of what happened may be suspect.

I posted the Pakistan Christian Post (PCP) article under the Current Events and Social Issues part of the Forums. That's where it belongs. If you don't care about such issues, don't read them. Several have maligned the newspaper, the Pakistan Christian Post, without any evidence or examples as to what it has done to deserve being characterized as "trashy" or "biased", etc. All of the crimes against Christians in Pakistan are not made the subject of articles by the PCP. If you read this newspaper regularly, as I do, you will see that the crimes they feature are those where Pakistani Christians are the victims and there is an element of a "hate" crime as well as the normal crime. That is, there is either evidence or a "perception" (possibly wrong, I realize) that the minority Christan status of the victim was involved in the act or severity of the crime. In the US some crimes are elevated to the status of a "hate" crime if the victim's race, religion, sex, ethnic origin or sexual preference was involved in the commission of the crime against them. The reason for caring about this additional "motivation" factor, i.e. hatred because of one of these qualities of the victim, is to try to stamp out prejudice against minorities in the interest of integrating the minority fully into the society. A multicultural society is difficult at best and "hate" crimes make it even more volatile. The PCP publishes news of such crimes and uses the religious labels of the victims and perpetrators in an effort to call attention to such "hate" crimes in the hope of prevailing on the moral sentiments of Pakistani society to reduce such crimes.

I will continue to start threads in the Cultural and Social Issues Forum Section from articles in the PCP. Don't read them if you don't want to know about this aspect of Pakistani society. Feel free to start threads about the mistreatment of Muslims in the US, as if this isn't frequently done already.

The language used in the article belies the intent of the author. There's nothing wrong with reporting news, but you tell me TRUTHSEEKER. What is the point of mentioning the fact that the perpetrators were muslim, time and again? It goes against journalistic standards, where such information is only provided if it helps understand the story.

The victim in this case is not the story, but the religious affilitiation of the perpetrators has become the story.

Now whether the 'Christian post' did this for an ulterior motive, is anyone's guess.

I will continue to start threads in the Cultural and Social Issues Forum Section from articles in the PCP. Don't read them if you don't want to know about this aspect of Pakistani society. Feel free to start threads about the mistreatment of Muslims in the US, as if this isn't frequently done already.
No we'll only report to the Mods, so next time such unbalanced, Pakistan bashing threads are killed soon after they are started. This is a Pakistani forum. Mods are already doing an excellent job of keeping it well balanced by allowing certain members to post their opinion irrespective of how redical they are. However, it can go only so far. At one point, Mods and Pakistani members have to decide how much insult of Islam and Pakistan can be allowed on this Pakistani forum.

Last edited:
The language used in the article belies the intent of the author. There's nothing wrong with reporting news, but you tell me TRUTHSEEKER. What is the point of mentioning the fact that the perpetrators were muslim, time and again? It goes against journalistic standards, where such information is only provided if it helps understand the story.

The victim in this case is not the story, but the religious affilitiation of the perpetrators has become the story.

Now whether the 'Christian post' did this for an ulterior motive, is anyone's guess.

See above my explanation of what I think is the motivation of the PCP. Of course, it is just MY opinion of what their intent is. I haven't spoken to anyone at the PCP, ever. So I may be giving them more credit than they deserve. Basically I think they behave like the Council on American Islamic Relations (CAIR) does here in the US. I.e., trying to get the Christian majority of the US to pay attention to perceived or real discrimination against American Muslims.

News like this makes me sick to my stomach...
A 13 yr old girl, she probably just hit her puberty, and she got raped by 5 fullgrown MEN?
I mean..what on earth has gotten into these people?
Hang these dirty sons of a b!tches, death penalty is all they deserve.
I am not proud of this especially if things like this happen in my country, and rape happens OFTEN in Pakistan.
The punishment for rape should be severe, death to these men, seriously, they destroyed and traumatized a girl's young life, I hope she recovers from this.
If my government cannot pursue these criminals then give me a gun and i'll pull the trigger.
Men like these should not be walking in our society, they need to be destroyed, give them no treatment or help for their problems, simply get ridd of them.
News like this pisses me off, and the title indicates as if Muslims like to rape young Christian girls, which isn't really appropriate.
Anyways, I don't have any words for this, I can't believe this happens, why are people so sexually perverted?

You know people can go around starting threads like these, acting as if they have compassion for the victim and have shed tears.

But, in reality these barbaric crimes impact really do impact our society, so we do care when such horrific acts are perpetrated, but for others a rape case is another pawn they use to forward their political agenda. In this case, an Anti-Muslim and Anti-Pakistani agenda.

As for the story, like I've said before we Pakistanis condemn such barbarity, and we do our best to protect the minorities, unlike some of our neighboring countries...

No we'll only report to the Mods, so next time such unbalanced, Pakistan bashing threads are killed soon after they are started. This is a Pakistani forum. Mods are already doing an excellent job of keeping it well balanced by allowing certain members to post their opinion irrespective of how redical they are. However, it can go only so far. At one point, Mods and Pakistani members have to decide how much insult of Islam and Pakistan can be allowed on this Pakistani forum.

Before this thread is closed, I'd like to say that I do not judge Pakistan or Islam by the acts of a few mad men. By the sense of outrage that this has caused among you I believe TruthSeeker has achieved his objective and hopefully this outrage will translate to concrete steps to prevent such atrocities against women and children regardless of race and religion of the victim.

That's not a good link.

I can guarantee you that that guy simply pulled a figure of 90% to get some attention.

The truth is that noone knows how many cases are not reported in Pak. It could be very high, it could be very low. There can also be police intimidation if the victim is a lowly person and the perpetrator a wealthy person.

Rape cases likewise are not reported in India for the very same reason.

However, in Pakistan, one of the possible reasons for low rape levels is that there are tribal repurcussions that do not occur in the West. They can lead to one or several homicides, which generally doesn't occur elsewhere The definition of rape, however, is another thing to consider.

However your article is much too simplistic.

Rape is not about sex, but about violence and power.
ASK A FEMINIST WHY men rape and she'll tell you that they are angry and take it out on women. Ask a behavioral researchers why men rape and he says they just get turned on by the wrong stimuli.

"For a long time, these two approaches dominated the thinking on why men rape, which is understandable; it would be great to be able to pin sexual aggression on a single cause:' says Gordon Nagayama Hall, Ph.D., associate professor of psychology at Kent State, who recently coordinated a national forum on rape. "But neither of these models explains all types of rape or rapists. As our research has become more sophisticated, other explanations have evolved ."

Disturbing ones at that. Hall and his colleagues have concluded, for example, that more people should be considered potential rapists than previously thought. "Among recent studies, there are varying percentages of men who could be considered potential rapists; one researcher has illustrated that as many as 25 percent of all male college students have engaged in some level of sexually coercive or aggressive behavior."

Hall's own work delineates four major types of rapist.
Type 1 is influenced by deviant sexual arousal, which occurs when he has thoughts of violence against women. This type is likely to be extremely impulsive.

Type 2 is motivated by cognitive distortions, or thinking errors; he mistakenly interprets events or information differently than other men would. He believes that some women enjoy being raped, or want to be raped. For this type, rape is part of a conquest, a way of demonstrating masculinity. Most date rapists are Type 2s.

Type 3, says Hall, is motivated by anger or emotional discontrol. These men are so angry, especially at women, that the only way for them to deal with their anger is to act out sexually toward women. Not surprisingly, this type is the most violent and most dangerous.

Type 4 is the repeat offender. He is most likely to have been physically or sexually abused as a child. He has difficulty establishing enduring relationships, and a history of chronic problems in schools or in his family. Type 4 men break a variety of rules, both sexual and nonsexual.

Psychology Today Magazine, Nov 92

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom