What's new

Pak Army issues detailed report on NATO attack

I agree.
the Pakistani report mentions that the American ariel footage and radio comm between their pilots and base will clear a lot of things and should be made public. but I think they would have deleted that already.

That video and audio information was taken into account during the investigation.

...................... Under English law a crime has been committed.

....................I really find it an insult to the memory of our fallen doing their duty that some people who are trying after all this time to make excuses............

But does English criminal law apply to ISAF troops in Afghanistan? It does NOT, most certainly. So your hypothesis is dead.

What could be regarded as insulting to the memory of the fallen soldiers is reported negotiations for more concessions and money from USA from a strictly "moral" point of view, not what you say above.

That video and audio information was taken into account during the investigation.

But does English criminal law apply to ISAF troops in Afghanistan? It does NOT, most certainly. So your hypothesis is dead.

What could be regarded as insulting to the memory of the fallen soldiers is reported negotiations for more concessions and money from USA from a strictly "moral" point of view, not what you say above.

Pakistanis morn our own soldiers, we do not need your fake yankee tears.

my belief is that you and Aryan might agree with me on one thing
there was no escalation although some of our common and individual enemies were really banking on it. Pakistan would have come worse off but would have caused damage to USA as well thats what really interested some parties.

to date: there is no American statement that says .."yea we DID it because we CAN!!!"
and there is no Pakistani statement (even for public consumption) that we are going to avenge those deaths.

there are widespread abuses and misconducts by the US military in Iraq and Afghanistan and only when the accusations didnt go away and backed up with video and still footage emerged only then the US high command owned up the faults and gave some token or customary punishments. here in this case I dont see any chance of that happening unless some Sergeant Smith shows off the footage by mistake and it goes viral. Even then that might not do much because both want to be done with Afghan issue as it is not sustainable for even USA.

---------- Post added at 04:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:09 AM ----------

and they are not shedding it

Who is shedding any tears? What you need is US money and equipment far more than "tears"!

there was no escalation although some of our common and individual enemies were really banking on it. Pakistan would have come worse off but would have caused damage to USA as well thats what really interested some parties.

to date: there is no American statement that says .."yea we DID it because we CAN!!!"
and there is no Pakistani statement (even for public consumption) that we are going to avenge those deaths.

I agree 100%. The BEST part is that saner minds have prevailed and the situation has been handled without any irreversible escalation, that would have harmed both sides.

Who is shedding any tears? What you need is US money and equipment far more than "tears"!

I agree 100%. The BEST part is that saner minds have prevailed and the situation has been handled without any irreversible escalation, that would have harmed both sides.

What is apparent is that the US hegemony is on the decline - and Mr Cheng knows it.

What is apparent is that the US hegemony is on the decline - and Mr Cheng knows it.

You should know this:

fractalwrongness.jpg

You should know this:

fractalwrongness.jpg

Thank you Mr Yank, just proves that I was correct all along. The decline of US hegemony is inevitable as the decline of the Roman Empire.

"A desire to resist oppression is implanted in the nature of man."

- Tacitus

................ The decline of US hegemony is inevitable as the decline of the Roman Empire. ..............

Actually, I agree that the decline is inevitable; it is just that it will not occur for quite a long time yet. That is all. :D

Actually, I agree that the decline is inevitable; it is just that it will not occur for quite a long time yet. That is all. :D

Who could have predicted the financial crisis. ;)

you $eem to be ob$e$$ed with $omething

I am not, i don't want to be, but our generals and politicians are, any doubt? Just tell me what national Institution/asset is being run properly?

As long as they are obsessed with it Pakistan will be going down and down and my fear that it may very well break up and may become like Somalia in terms of a failed state.

During our investigation in December, we had asked the Pakistani government to take part. We would have preferred to have the cooperation and participation of our Pakistani counterparts; unfortunately, this invitation was declined. It is simply unfair to assume that the report presented to our command and released to the media was biased or fabricated. This incident was tragic but unintentional. Consider: why would we intentionally attack and kill Pakistani soldiers and harm our bilateral relations with Pakistan? There is neither rhyme nor reason in these accusations. Lack of coordination and communication on both sides resulted in this unfortunate incident. Instead of thinking of more means to further strain the U.S- Pakistan relationship, we need to work towards improving our relationship for the sake of bringing stability and peace in the region. Hence, we need to look beyond this incident, and redirect our energy to tackle the real issue at hand – how best to rebuild the bonds of trust and to improve the coordination so critical to us both.

MAJ David Nevers,
DET – U.S Central Command
U.S. Central Command

During our investigation in December, we had asked the Pakistani government to take part. We would have preferred to have the cooperation and participation of our Pakistani counterparts; unfortunately, this invitation was declined. It is simply unfair to assume that the report presented to our command and released to the media was biased or fabricated. This incident was tragic but unintentional. Consider: why would we intentionally attack and kill Pakistani soldiers and harm our bilateral relations with Pakistan? There is neither rhyme nor reason in these accusations. Lack of coordination and communication on both sides resulted in this unfortunate incident. Instead of thinking of more means to further strain the U.S- Pakistan relationship, we need to work towards improving our relationship for the sake of bringing stability and peace in the region. Hence, we need to look beyond this incident, and redirect our energy to tackle the real issue at hand – how best to rebuild the bonds of trust and to improve the coordination so critical to us both.

MAJ David Nevers,
U.S. Central Command

Let me get this straight, by providing wrong coordinates to Pakistan during attack and not informing there is an operation after midnight near Pakistani Border so that Pakistani forces don't confuse 150+ soldiers as terrorists and how come your 150+ soldiers not having coordinates of Pakistani check post on their GPS devices even after Pakistan gave you one after establishing the check post there in September? US/ISAF having carried out 1-2 operations in and around Maya village prior to 26th November incident in the months of October/November,

Now tell me how come this is lack of coordination and communication from both sides? Scenario yields a strong impression that lack of communication and coordination happened from one side and thus making many believe it was done deliberately and on purpose!

MAJ David Nevers,
U.S. Central Command

Why should you be allowed to investigate a crime that you are potentially on trial and are in the box? It doesnt happen anywhere so why should be accepted as accused judge and jury? Why do you want Pakistan to sit on the side show? To strengthen the validity of the report? Please stop asking Pakistan be your lapdog - we cant and wont. We are Pakistan.
Secondly please why the crocodile tears and offer regret? Where is the apology which is well overdue? You know you owe an apology - no apology then expect the cold shoulder. The bond will be starting to rebuild when you apologize -only problem is and we all know it - to apologize changers the parameters and you cant handle that - you cant handle the truth.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom