What's new

Pak Amraams can be made ineffective: US assured Manohar Parrikar

I am all aware of the reputation argument being floated around and as i said in my opening sentence that even if its all bull crap, why take the risk at all? Now i am not implying that there are some kill switches but when it comes to the security of our country, why take risk at all? Even if that risk means 0.1%
Utilising any weapons platform comes with inherent risks; even Chinese ones (reliability of sensor data though i'm confident i'm wrong about that). This is where tactics and training comes into play. The side employing their sensors / weapons on the battlefield correctly wins the day.

AMRAAMS are unlikely to have kill switches. But F-16s can certainly have them. Degraded radar performance is certainly possible.

Thus the need to switch to local + Chinese platforms in the future.

Remember few years ago Turkey discovered that their F16 weren’t able to lock on Israelis jets.

Yeah but the Israelis also have their own EW systems. It's not proof of conspiracy.

That's already well documented and marketed fact that all US equipment has friend and foe identification system to avoid accidents ...

Maybe my memory is not young anymore so I may mix some events, I remember that after this episode Turks requested the source code of the radars of their F16.

I’m not talking about conspiracy, but the question which comes to my mind is were the Turks aware of this limitation of their F16 prior to that period ? And then why USA released the Turkish F16’s radar source code ?

what will 16s do without amraam or equivalent missile?

For that Turkish style upgrade will be needed for avionics.

Things not works like this way dear... Even isrealis would stop buying Amricans weapons if they have any kind of switch on there jets or on weapons like we are talking about....

Israel massively use their own systems on F-16s.

Maybe my memory is not young anymore so I may mix some events, I remember that after this episode Turks requested the source code of the radars of their F16.

I’m not talking about conspiracy, but the question which comes to my mind is were the Turks aware of this limitation of their F16 prior to that period ? And then why USA released the Turkish F16’s radar source code ?
Fair enough. But did they get it? Also would it be a case of altering friend or foe systems

I am pretty sure the US folks also promised that forget about hitting IAF fighters with AMRAM, if PAF F16 fires it the jet itself will get crushed!!! Hence, the Indians are demanding an F16 from the USA!! And, the USA is demanding an episode beyond the “Kungfu Kick”!!! Clever vs Cunning....

And, air sports...
I dont think the situation is as is being portrayed. There are certain restrictions on F16s being used for OFFENSIVE maneouvres but no restrictions on them being used for defensive purposes. This is the reason why PAF did not use F16s for the last episode. Whether the F16s were on CAP and in defensive postures cannot be confirmed. However it needs to be emphasised that the US did not say much after their " investigations into the use of F16s" which signifies that they are not fussed over the use of 16/52s for defensive purposes. The Indians foolishly did not/could not do much about the 16/15s which were subsequently MLUed giving them capabilities akin to 16/52s barring range. For what it is worth I dont think the US will do much to the C5s themselves. The missing their mark will have repurcussions on the sale of their arms and their defence industry will not allow this.
The reason why there are restrictions on the use of the new 16s is because their sale was subsidised by US money. So if they put money in a project they can dictate where the product gets used.
A

Why would the US help India disable F16s or AMRAAMs o_O what planet are you guys living on?

Anything like this would DESTROY US dominance over the international arms market. No one would buy from them again.

And why the hell would the Americans take such a risk for India? Do you think even the Indians would ever buy from the US again if they know theres a way for the weapons to be disabled or compromised? o_O

AMRAAM is still the best BVR AAM in South Asia. Despite what you have heard or believe, the Indians are more worried about the F16 and AMRAAM combo than anything else.

Why do you think they are desperate for Rafale at the moment, and not Su35 or some Israeli weaponry? Or why they did their absolute best to ensure PAF doesnt acquire more block 52s?

Think!!! :hitwall:
In addition to all you have said there is another aspect now. PAF has a comparative missile the SD10A. Now if the AMRAAM loses out to the SD10A what would be the outcome on the sales of the AMRAAM. I think the fact that US missiles are competing with the Chinese makes them very reluctant to give in to Indian demands. Plus why would the US govt give incto Indian demand? All they want to look for is increasing sale of their items. Now PAF has been invaluable as it is the only arena from where impartial information on the accuracy and efficacy of the weapon system can come out.
The more I look at it the more I think it will fruitless and false..
A

I dont think the situation is as is being portrayed. There are certain restrictions on F16s being used for OFFENSIVE maneouvres but no restrictions on them being used for defensive purposes. This is the reason why PAF did not use F16s for the last episode. Whether the F16s were on CAP and in defensive postures cannot be confirmed. However it needs to be emphasised that the US did not say much after their " investigations into the use of F16s" which signifies that they are not fussed over the use of 16/52s for defensive purposes. The Indians foolishly did not/could not do much about the 16/15s which were subsequently MLUed giving them capabilities akin to 16/52s barring range. For what it is worth I dont think the US will do much to the C5s themselves. The missing their mark will have repurcussions on the sale of their arms and their defence industry will not allow this.
The reason why there are restrictions on the use of the new 16s is because their sale was subsidised by US money. So if they put money in a project they can dictate where the product gets used.
A

In addition to all you have said there is another aspect now. PAF has a comparative missile the SD10A. Now if the AMRAAM loses out to the SD10A what would be the outcome on the sales of the AMRAAM. I think the fact that US missiles are competing with the Chinese makes them very reluctant to give in to Indian demands. Plus why would the US govt give incto Indian demand? All they want to look for is increasing sale of their items. Now PAF has been invaluable as it is the only arena from where impartial information on the accuracy and efficacy of the weapon system can come out.
The more I look at it the more I think it will fruitless and false..
A

Exactly! The US would want the F16 and AMRAAM dominating - not only to then use that for sales to India but to also show the world that their products are superior to Russian.

The US and Chinese are the biggest beneficiaries of this conflict. The US again gets to prove its products are superior to Russian; and the Chinese have got the opportunity to prove their products are indeed effective in a real conflict.

Oye humaray Hath Bandh do, pairo main zajeerain dalwaa do, ankho per pati bandh do, wada lay lo pura pura moka dain gay per Khuda k liye chaiaon chaion band kero or aao to sahi :hitwall:

just a side note, funny how the indian media conveniently quoted a dead manohar parrikar who can't verify crap now as opposed to a living manohar parrikar that couldn't been asked for verification...

you, you slick, little slippery indians you...:no:

He died i didnt even know

why all the fuss about AMRAAMS and F-16s when, as per India's claim, Pakistan lost the air battle on this fateful day?

Is the "Chowkidar Narendra Modi" having nightmares?

why all the fuss about AMRAAMS and F-16s when, as per India's claim, Pakistan lost the air battle on this fateful day?

Is the "Chowkidar Narendra Modi" having nightmares?
one fine day after sirgkal modi farted that created a big methane bubble Modi bakhs called it victory bubble and then Pakistan launched airstrike and burst that bubble but not for bakhts they were ontoxicated by the smell inside that bubble modi got nervous and made a story that they destroyed Pakistan f 16 and intoxicated bakht were like "jay ho g ki Modi ki g jindabad"

Back
Top Bottom