eEcT5.jpg

2012 during exercise Anatolian Eagle

JCrIU.jpg
PUl5b.jpg
niWIw.jpg
zg0hk.jpg
ZZJCQ.jpg
oYu0Z.jpg

F-16 Block 50+, F-4E/2020 ,F-5/2000 ( National ) Mirage-2000 ( UAE ), Tornado/F-15... ( Saudi Arabia ), F-18 ( Spain ), EF-2000 ( Italy ), Tornado ( Italy ), F-16 ( Pakistan ) , F-16 ( Jordanian )

Interesting thing to note.. The assignment and naming of mounts for every pilot has started in earnest..
This is a good way to allow pilots to bond with their aircraft.. and if you believe that machines do "live" like I do..
Then such bonds usually end up in miraculous escapes out of otherwise lost situations.

Interesting thing to note.. The assignment and naming of mounts for every pilot has started in earnest..
This is a good way to allow pilots to bond with their aircraft.. and if you believe that machines do "live" like I do..
Then such bonds usually end up in miraculous escapes out of otherwise lost situations.
I agree, its a good convention. Although PAF lost it from mid90s-mid2000s era, but now pilot and crew namings are visible on Mirages and JF-17s as well.

Why is Pakistani f16s tail marked- and UAE's not-
any thing to do with Amrita trust?-

Comparing UAE and Saudia Red Flag videos, that video is utter disappointment. What is shown in video is already been seen in previous exercise videos.

Last edited by a moderator:
Foreign Encounter - PAF Vs IIAF

In 1977, the PAF had a rare opportunity to demonstrate its marksmanship prowess in a competitive encounter with another air force. Group Captain Safdar who was then commanding No 23 Squadron narrates the story:

"While visiting our base Masroor in September 77, the CAS mentioned that during his recent visit to Iran, the Shah had inquired whether the PAF would be interested in hosting an armament competition with an Iranian Air Force fighter squadron. The CAS asked me if I would take on the Iranian squadron. Needless to say I was excited by the prospect. As a side issue the CAS promised a reward of Rs. 10,000/- to 23 Squadron if we won, and God help us if we lost!

"He instructed the ACAS (Ops) to extend all possible facilities to us in preparing an 8-member team which comprised myself, Squadron Leaders Javed Latif, Javed Qazi, Tahir Hussain, Imtiaz and Shams, and Flight Lieutenants Farhad and Khalid. Every F-6 Squadron was asked to lend 2 aircraft to 23 Squadron for the exercise and very soon we had nearly 30 F-6s at our disposal. I allotted two aeroplanes to each team member and instructed them to harmonize their aircraft themselves. Somiani range was reserved for us and each pilot was scheduled to fly two ground attack and two air-to-air missions per day. Within a month our performance improved significantly and we began to average 90% scores in strafing and over 50% direct hits in rocketry. Our air combat scores also improved proportionately.

"In October the Iranians flew into Masroor with their beautiful F-5Es. Compared to the F-6 the Northrop F-5E was a pretty sight, and incorporated the latest American technology of that time. I could sense that my pilots were a little apprehensive, but their urge to 'have a go' was stronger. The competition started and I led the first ground attack mission, followed by one of the Iranians; and thus we alternated through all the events. When final scores were declared we were delighted, for we had beaten the Iranians hands down both in air combat and ground attack.

"The next day we received a signal from the CAS congratulating the squadron and saying that we could collect Rs.10,000/- from the base accounts officer. But the base commander told me that since the competition had been a collective effort, the money would be claimed by the base. I was quite disappointed, as I had been planning to purchase some new furniture and rugs for the squadron for our forthcoming move to Samungli. I mentioned this to the ADC to the CAS, and told him what my base commander had said. Next day the accounts officer came and handed over Rs. 10,000/- to our squadron adjutant!"

scan0001-2.jpg

F-16As from No 11 squadron (Arrows) on the ramp at Konya for Anatolian Eagle 2012.

is PAF participating - i havn't heard anything then PAF dosn't make such announcements.

Nice photos Haroon, thanks for digging them out:D

This above photo is a rare one. The nearest F-16 852728 is carrying some pilot necessary equipment /luggage in the avionics bay behind the ejection seat. F-16s around the world usually carry luggage in MXU-648 travel pod, which is carried on station 3/4/6/7 or centerline pylon 5.

Following USAF official document on F-16 defines this in detail.(Now since these PAF F-16s are non-ADF models so its not applicable on them…but the following instructions are applicable on our MLUs:D)

http://www.fas.org/man/dod-101/sys/ac/docs/11-F16V3.pdf

3.2.2 Baggage/equipment will not be carried in the avionics bay behind the cockpit, except in F-16A/B (non-ADF) model aircraft. For F-16A/Bs (non-ADF), baggage/equipment will only be carried in a storage bag specifically designed to be securely fastened in the avionics bay and capable of securing all loose
objects.

3.2.3. Baggage/equipment will not be carried in an unoccupied F-16B/D rear cockpit.

MXU-648 pod
http://www.fyjs.cn/bbs/attachments/Mon_0907/27_65943_3bf7ac803b60999.jpg
http://www.fyjs.cn/bbs/attachments/Mon_0907/27_65943_2c3cedf62705828.jpg

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom