What's new

PAF validates concept of fighter operations from motorways

I heard Pakistan is capable of landing its aircrafts on Motorways back in 2000 when i was in secondry school :lol::lol::lol:

I think the pilots can definitly land , but the issue is that roads have to be in top condition , can't have holes and cracks becasue a high speed vehicle/plane can sweve badly if the tires go into a big hole or bump in road ...

The only requirement for high speed vehicle landing is that the surface be smooth as possible

But I have to applaud the skill and dare devil bravery of the pilots to land on civilian roads as these are not mean to take landing of aircrafts

a) Removal of the electrical wires
b) No holes
c) No speed bumps on the 200-300 meter stretch
d) Obviously no traffic lights lol
e) No obstruction
f) No bikers doing wheelies when the Mirages come landing on runway

I've never seen a single pot hole in the motorway, and i've taken the route more times than i can remember...even by 1st world standards, it's a fantastic road that is kept maintained well in my opinion.

bikers are never allowed on motorway regardless.....so that wouldnt be an issue. (a shame; ive always wanted to ride the bike on the m1)

awesome!!!! its something i always longed to see from out airforce!!!

rivers or deserts... they are all under my wings!!!

I think the pilots can definitly land , but the issue is that roads have to be in top condition , can't have holes and cracks becasue a high speed vehicle/plane can sweve badly if the tires go into a big hole or bump in road ...
Oh man! why didn't u tell this to Pak Pilots before...!!!

The only requirement for high speed vehicle landing is that the surface be smooth as possible

b) No holes
e) No obstruction
OP said "MOTORWAY", not ur mahalay kee sarak...

... as far as i remember couple of years back we did the same exercises on motorway.......

Yes that's true, BUT I haven't seen any photos or videos from previous exercise,,, this time zabardast videos & photos.... Thanks to all posters...

Last edited:
Brilliant !! Congratulations ...This is indeed a very good capability for any Airforce to have...

I doubt India has this capability although i'd like us to have this ....

This has been done many times over. Essentially is a validation of contingency measures in case the home base is unreachable and there is a need to turn sorties around from alternate locations.

But I have to applaud the skill and dare devil bravery of the pilots to land on civilian roads as these are not mean to take landing of aircrafts

b) No holes
e) No obstruction

Come on man...Pakistan motorways are in very outstanding condition.
I hope u have visited there ...there are no wires , no holes, No speed bumps, no traffic lights, No obstruction, No bikers doing wheelies ....

These are the best roads in Asia, Thanxs to Mr N Sharif...(Though I dont like his political behaviour)

Pakistan should make more motor ways.

121090458_55c3abef3d.jpg

456247560_f0b351c963_o.jpg

M3Interchange.jpg

Last edited:
Bravo idea.

Which country introduce this idea at first, pk?

And can all types of jets are able to land in this way?

Back
Top Bottom