What's new

PAF to Induct Modified Version of FD-2000 SAM: Journalist Ather Kazmi

This news makes no sense as the original FD-2000 is quite old - it "only" makes sense if Pakistan has agreed to buy 2nd hand FD-2000's at throw away prices from Chinese Army as the Chinese look to retire FD-2000's to replace them with HQ-9C's ??

The issue with the FD-2000 is not just "range" but capability - ie tracking and anti-jamming capabilities as the original FD-2000(HQ-9) has very old electronics was superseceded by the HQ-9A/B and now C variants.

This news makes no sense as the original FD-2000 is quite old - it "only" makes sense if Pakistan has agreed to buy 2nd hand FD-2000's at throw away prices from Chinese Army as the Chinese look to retire FD-2000's to replace them with HQ-9C's ??

The issue with the FD-2000 is not just "range" but capability - ie tracking and anti-jamming capabilities as the original FD-2000(HQ-9) has very old electronics was superseceded by the HQ-9A/B and now C variants.
He could be using the term FD2000 to refer to the newer variants also. Journalists and professionals in Pakistan are never specific or clear in anything they say really, I mean last time we got an announcement we were supposed to be getting "JS-10"...

HQ-9 is a modified version of FD-2000, already with P.A. The interesting part is, PAF is getting further modified version of HQ-9 (FD-2000 previously) like a tailor made version for PAF.

Do we remember there was a news about Pakistan detecting USAF fighters above the sky of Arabian Sea? A lot of fun was made about PAF and detecting F-35 near or close to Pakistan Air Space but just pay attention to what he said.

Anchor Person is not wrong on most of accounts. He is directly referring to his sources and I don't see anyone with having such career with Media will ever risk like that and cause embarrassment through lies & made claims.

Last edited:
HQ-9 is a modified version of FD-2000, already with P.A. The interesting part is, PAF is getting further modified version of HQ-9 (FD-2000 previously) like a tailor made version for PAF.

Do we remember there was a news about Pakistan detecting USAF fighters above the sky of Arabian Sea? A lot of fun was made about PAF and detecting F-35 near or close to Pakistan Air Space but just pay attention to what he said.

Anchor Person is not wrong on most of accounts. He is directly referring to his sources and I don't see anyone with having such career with Media will ever risk like that and cause embarrassment through lies & made claims.
Where can I read more about detecting an F-35? And shouldn't they have stayed quiet if they did?

Where can I read more about detecting an F-35?

Nowhere now I think.
And shouldn't they have stayed quiet if they did?

Detection of USAF Fighter Aircrafts was reported by Media but instantly taken down. However, as the Journalist said; Americans are well aware of such capability.

I hope we are getting enough of the FD-2000 systems to cover all strategic sites such as Nuclear installations, Airports, Military Bases etc.?

I also hope we get 200+ J-10C/D versions and atleast 75 more F-16's Block-52+ (preferably Block 70).
I want more F-16s too, but it's not happening anytime soon...

The FD2000 was likely evaluated by PAF way before the PA received it, I'm pretty sure it won't FD2000 that PAF inducts , all current indicators point to a European system but the process seems delayed perhaps in favor of other short ranged assets to be upgraded/acquired first

Better Radar and sensors and missiles with greater ranger than off the shelf system.

Back
Top Bottom