What's new

PAF to acquire 36 5th generation combat aircraft from China: PAF Chief

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good news forsure!! mashallah.

ISLAMABAD Nov 19 (APP): 36 high‑tech combat aircraft (CF‑20) would be inducted in the PAF fleet by 2010.
PakDef's report mentioned this a long time ago...

As for the "5th generation" part means...well whatever it means, it means FC-20 isn't a butterfly...

theres some errors since when is j-10 5th generation ? pakistani reporters really annoy me sometimes.........

I'm tired of reading the same old information, these reports don't make sense half the time. All I know is that this is no coincidence, our defense complex is highly guarded regarding vital information and I give them credit. Regardless, these reports suck ba**s.

:pakistan:

• He said the engine of the aircraft would be manufactured by Russia which is based on most modern technique called reverse technology. (TVC)
  • He said that first squadron of indigenously developed fighter aircraft with the help of China ‑ JF‑17 (Thunder) would be inducted in the PAF fleet in the first quarter of 2009, enhancing agility of the air force whereby increasing its reach beyond 350 nautical miles.
  • In addition to that, he said that after laborious day in and day out efforts, the PAF has acquired the night‑war capability, due to which the country’s defence has been made further impregnable.
  • He said that the roll out of first batch of F‑16 (C & D) aircraft for Pakistan would be held in USA in January next, where he himself would be present to witness the auspicious occasion. The US would supply improved version of F‑16 aircraft to be inducted in the PAF by 2010.
  • In the surveillance field, he said the Swedish company would supply three SAAB surveillance aircraft to PAF by September next year while contract for acquiring four AWACS systems from China has already been signed.
  • He said despite economic constraints, all the important programmes of PAF are being run uninterrupted with the aim to make it a real force to meet the challenges.
  • In reply to another question, Air Chief Marshal Tanvir said that UAV technology was achieved earlier and drones are being manufactured indigenously.
yet another "enlightening" article written by our very own Pakistani journalists. Although I find the article to be a joke, I think we should look a little closer at what this is trying to say.

-the engines being made in Russia, and "reverse technology" implies thrust-vectoring on our J-10's!

-the range for the JF-17, including the ones we have right now from the first batch, have been increased! The future is even more promising!

-even with the economic collapse, we are still going ahead with out plans and at lightening pace!

-the chinese AWACS deal with transfer of technology is going ahead as planned, those along with the Erieye is 8 AWACS aircraft. talk about coverage!

-we will see all the aircraft soon insha'Allah, as early as 2009-2010!

P.S: the "fifth" generation statement does not matter at all! the chinese categorize their aircraft as third generation, a generation behind the usual.

If you all are lauging at this article have a look at what this gentleman is saying:

PAF to acquire 36 Chinese combat aircraft, says PAF chief

ISLAMABAD: Thirty-six high-tech combat aircraft (FC-20) will be inducted in the Pakistan Air Force (PAF) fleet by 2010, Chief of Air Staff Air Chief Marshal Tanvir Mahmood Ahmed said on Wednesday. Answering questions after a briefing to participants of the National Media Workshop at the Air Headquarters, he said these fifth generation aircraft were of Chinese origin and would give an edge to the PAF. Tanvir said that modalities were being discussed to acquire two squadrons of these aircraft for the PAF. He said the FC-20 aircraft had been selected from among a long list of similar category aircraft of various origins, adding that Russia would manufacture engines for the aircraft. He said the PAF had acquired night-war capability after a lot of efforts, adding that it had strengthened the country’s defence. He said only a few air forces in the world had this ability. He said that the rollout of the first batch of F-16 (C&D) aircraft for Pakistan would be held in the US in January 2008. He said a Swedish company would supply three SAAB surveillance aircraft to the PAF by September 2008 while a contract for acquiring four AWACS systems from China had been signed. He said drones were being manufactured indigenously. app

Daily Times - Leading News Resource of Pakistan

There are a lot of errors in the report.

i agree - the dates quoted dont jive properly with the ACM interview to AFM monthly which is considered more authentic than our own news reporting

Maybe they are referring to JXX as 5th generation? Otherwise 5th generation is PAF version for 4th generation which is the current J10, it can't be 4.5 generation or they would have specified, so most probably FC-20 is J10A.

The Chinese are effective a generation behind (in terms of naming) , so if PAF are calling it a 5th Gen aircraft then for the Chinese it should be 4th Generation.

Please correct me if as I'm most probably talking rubbish.

The Chinese are effective a generation behind (in terms of naming) , so if PAF are calling it a 5th Gen aircraft then for the Chinese it should be 4th Generation.

Please correct me if as I'm most probably talking rubbish.

This sounds make some sense.

It seems Pakistan is the first country that China exports those planes. China has declined, or not answered to many other countries request.

I believe the PAF refers to the JF-17 as fourth generation, so referring to the FC-20 as Fifth gen. would be in line with that.

In any case, what matters are the capabilities, not the nomenclature.

J10 uses sat communications and I bet it has not an huge RCS... It is not as good as F22 but are SU35, Rafale or Ef2000 exact same as F22? They also do not have a internal bay so... And do please compare the prices... One should skip US propaganda of not losing a single F22 against China but if you compare the costs then China will have the last laugh...

I think the J10 offers a lot and certainly for PAF. PAF survived with F7p and PG... It fought against Russian planes near Afghanistan in F16A's... With netcentric, IFR and BVR you will be a lot more shocked. Certainly if ou have to cope with weapons like Babur...

A great day for Pakistan! :victory:

Pakistan is getting J10B or FC-20 (See link Chengdu J-10 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia)

J-10B : An upgrade of the J-10A, with new features such as extremely-high manoeuvrability, thrust-vector control, stealthy DSI intakes, more hard points, AESA radar, and much more. It entered service in 2007. For Pakistan FC-20.

During the years of so called 'democracy' PAF couldn't get money for JF-17. All we needed was approx. $400 million when both Navaz Sharif and BB looted billions of dollars from Pakistan.

Musharraf took over he expedited the project and ensured financial support.

This is why people support Musharraf!

I hope that FC-20 purchase and production are not delayed by Zardari.

Lot of mistakes in this article, obviously the auther is not a defence analyst. :disagree:

But the news isn't new at all, ACM's last interview already mentioned the purchase of 36 FC-20's from China as PAF's requirement to induct a 4.5 gen platform.

For the record, JF-17 and FC-20 are 4th and 4.5th generation respectively.
To qualify for 5th generation an aircraft must have stealth capability, with will be the main feature of future J-XX.:coffee:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom