What's new

PAF successfully test-fires indigenously developed long-range smart weapon from JF-17 Thunder

Dare I say it's H-4 ? Pakistan is finally revealing it albeit in a teasing matter after 15 years. I suppose H-series were procured in 2003-4 ?

H-2 fired from Mirages in 2010 Highmark 2010 exercises

kScg7nT.jpg

Raptor 2 AKA H-4

Raptor+IID.jpg

Raptor 3

Long-range-Raptor-III-goes-on-display-_AAD143_.jpg

The Raptor is a series of stand-off range air-to-ground weapons. Developed by the South African munitions maker Denel Dynamics, the Raptor is a glide-bomb with modular guidance options – including satellite-aided inertial navigation system (GNSS/INS), electro-optical/TV, and imaging infrared (IIR) seeker with automatic target recognition (ATR) – and a 600-kg warhead.

The first iteration of the Raptor, i.e. the Raptor I, has a range of 60 km. It is a glide-munition akin to recent gliding precision-guided bomb (PGB) kits, such as the Joint Direct Attack Munition-Extended Range.

The Raptor I was later complemented by the rocket-boosted Raptor II, which extended the range to 120 km and imbued the platform with optional guidance capability, enabling the end-user to pair the Raptor with fire-and-forget options such as GNSS/INS and IIR. An IIR seeker could enable the Raptor II to engage moving targets. The Raptor II can also be controlled from a secondary aircraft from up to 200 km away.

It is believed that the Raptor I and Raptor II are being manufactured under license in Pakistan by the National Engineering and Scientific Commission (NESCOM) as the H-2 and H-4, respectively. The H-2 and H-4 are generally described as stand-off range weapons with ranges of 60 km and 120 km, respectively, matching the Raptor I and Raptor II. The Pakistan Air Force (PAF) began deploying the H-2 and H-4 from its Dassault Mirage III/5 in the mid-2000s.

In 2014, Denel Dynamics unveiled the Raptor III, a vastly upgraded form incorporating what appeared to be an airbreathing turbofan or turbojet engine, providing the munition with a range of up to 300 km if launched from 12,000 metres. If the Raptor III retains the heavy payload capacity of the Raptor-I/II – i.e. 600 kg – it could basically serve as a long-range land-attack cruise missile (LACM). Denel Dynamics claims that the Raptor-III has a circular error of probability (CEP) of less than 3 metres. Denel Dynamics is waiting for a launch customer to bring the Raptor III into full-scale production.

https://quwa.org/2017/03/16/profile-denel-dynamics-raptor-stand-off-weapon/

Could be. It is very possible that it's just a local production of the Raptor III. I wouldn't expect such hoopla over the H4. But I could be wrong.

This video appears to show what was hidden in the black box. It’s still a little shady though.

I think it's classified .. and may be payload of mirage 2000 [emoji237][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]. Ro India ro [emoji16][emoji16][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Pakistan successfully test-fires long-range smart missile from JF-17 Thunder
Web Desk On Mar 12, 2019 Last Updated Mar 12, 2019
Pakistan-JF17-750x369.jpg

RAWALPINDI: The Pakistan Air Force (PAF) has successfully test-fired indigenously developed extended range smart weapon from JF-17 multi-role fighter aircraft, ARY News reported Tuesday.

“The weapon has been developed, integrated and qualified solely through indigenous efforts of Pakistani scientists and engineers,” according to Inter-Services Public Relations (ISPR).

“Successful trial has provided JF-17 Thunder a very potent and assured day and night capability to engage variety of targets with pinpoint accuracy,” the military’s public affairs wing said.

Pakistan Air Chief, Mujahid Anwar Khan, said it was another milestone for the country. He said if subjected to aggression by adversary, Pakistan would respond with full force.

It is pertinent to mention here the sleek and lethal fighter aircraft JF-17 Thunder stands prominent in its own class of combat aircraft, indigenously built by Pakistan Aeronautical Complex, Kamra in collaboration with China.

Read: PAF’s JF-17 Thunder hogs limelight at Radom air show in Poland

The JF-17 Thunder jets came into limelight recently during the hostility between Pakistan and India following the latter violated airspace of Pakistan and met with a befitting response.

Contrary to Indian claims that Pakistan used F-16s to down Indian planes, the CNN report said it was a JF-17 fighter jet that brought down an Indian warplane in Azad Jammu and Kashmir.

Pakistan Air Force’s JF-17 Thunder had also exhibited its dazzling aerial display during the opening day of Radom International Airshow at Radom-Sakdu Airport, Poland in August last year.

Painted in the colour scheme of Pakistan’s national flag, the pride of the nation, JF-17 roared in the Polish skies and left the spectators spellbound with its breathtaking manoeuvres.

The thundery performance by PAF’s display included some extraordinary aerobatics like the muscle climb, thunder turns, slow speed performance and inverted flight.
It might be some anti radiation missile like US Air Force AGM-88 HARM..... Keeping in mind indian purchase of S-400 SAM system.

I dont ever remember Pak showing a test video where it hid the weapon itself. Has this happened before? From Raad to Babur to the ballistic missiles - I dont ever remember this happening before. And damn!!!!! That's the kind of blast I hoped to see when Nasr was tested :wub:

i think it would have been better PAF would have tested the weapon on 27 feb in india. imagine DG ispr giving a statement on tv that we have not only bombed indian territory but also tested our new weapon. now we have converted india in a testing ground for our new weapons.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom