What's new

PAF successfully test-fires indigenously developed long-range smart weapon from JF-17 Thunder

Smart Missiles are a broad range of weaponry that are essentially projectiles which rely on sensors to track, lock on, and intercept their targets. They are usually extended-range, high-endurance missiles with a variety of payloads and kill vehicles that employ a combination of ship, drone and organic active/passive sensor systems to find targets and destroy them. At their top speed, smart missiles can achieve upwards of 90 PSL. Smart missiles are most effective at less than one AU, but special variants can extend that range up to 3 AU, when combat operations permit missile control "handoff" from platform to platform. Many Systems Commonwealth fleets often do this, and the Deep Stand-off Attack Ship is specially designed for this strategy. Smart missiles can be called back or neutralized in flight, which can be extremely helpful in combat operations when missiles either miss or the parameters of a mission change.
Credit: fandom.com

Okay, I will tell you guys a little bit more.

The crater suggest this is not just a Mk80 series, but a Kinetic energy penetrator or bunker buster in your speak. Hence the celebration. The development of KEPs (let alone an accurate REK) is a big feat for Pakistan. The shockwave gives it away that the bomb is penetrating before exploding, hence the blast magnification, and plume shape dividing to east and west.

If this has been achieved in the package of a Mk82, its a big feat, as it will ensure that large amount of weapons can be released to engage HVTs in hardened pens.

Couple of days ago, Indian Defence Ministry was addressing and said that due to lack of Blast Pen in Indian Occupied Kashmir, MKI could not be deployed hence, have to reach from outside Base. This test by PAF, we tells them that even if there were Blast Pens still MKIs or whatever would have been caught with surprise from above. This timely test firing & showing specific picture along with blast yield delivers the message in short and precise. Just saying.

I dont ever remember Pak showing a test video where it hid the weapon itself. Has this happened before? From Raad to Babur to the ballistic missiles - I dont ever remember this happening before. And damn!!!!! That's the kind of blast I hoped to see when Nasr was tested :wub:
NASR will have a massive blast if it uses its intended explosive.

Why they fell there instead of IOK?

It will be very effective on LOC against attacking force.
This is the rocket booster , not the bomb .
This section detatches after 10-15 seconds.

Pakistan tested a smart bomb from JF-17. The bomb is 100% indegnious and developed by pakistan. It is an extended range glide bomb which has been revealed for the first time. The bomb is clasfied and no images have been released of it.

There is the image of shock wave dispersion

IMG_20190312_223202.jpg

Pakistan tested a smart bomb from JF-17. The bomb is 100% indegnious and developed by pakistan. It is an extended range glide bomb which has been revealed for the first time. The bomb is clasfied and no images have been released of it.

View attachment 545880
Not a bomb, the report says “Missile”.

View attachment 545880

Can anyone figure out from the pic and crater how big is the blast radius and what rqdius of damage is due to shockwave

I dont ever remember Pak showing a test video where it hid the weapon itself. Has this happened before? From Raad to Babur to the ballistic missiles - I dont ever remember this happening before. And damn!!!!! That's the kind of blast I hoped to see when Nasr was tested :wub:

Do you mean hid or hit? As far as hitting of the target by bombs, missiles, or warheads is concerned Pakistan has, in fact, demonstrated it during tests. See the videos of recent tests of Babur cruise missile & Ghauri ballistic missile. Then there is this video, & I believe there is a similar one with a bomb hitting its target in the past.

Not a bomb, the report says “Missile”.
It is called a smart bomb the booster is only there to extend range. Yes you can also call it missile but it is a hybrid between missile and bomb.

Can anyone figure out from the pic and crater how big is the blast radius and what rqdius of damage is due to shockwave
All this info is classified and is not available. The strike was pin point precision and the blast was directional.

The other day India media was explaining how spice-2000 worked. Well today Pakistan just showed that spice failed but Pakistani bombs work well.

Do you mean hid or hit? As far as hitting of the target by bombs, missiles, or warheads is concerned Pakistan has, in fact, demonstrated it during tests. See the videos of recent tests of Babur cruise missile & Ghauri ballistic missile. Then there is this video, & I believe there is a similar one with a bomb hitting its target in the past.

I meant hid - the black box. That has never happened before. All videos have always shown the missile/bomb/whatever. This is the first time in my recollection that they didnt actually show what was used nor give any additional details as to its capabilities.

Its left me wondering - why release this video at all? Unless the Indians are getting adventurous again and it's another warning.

I meant hid - the black box. That has never happened before. All videos have always shown the missile/bomb/whatever. This is the first time in my recollection that they didnt actually show what was used nor give any additional details as to its capabilities.

Its left me wondering - why release this video at all? Unless the Indians are getting adventurous again and it's another warning.

Oh! sorry for the misunderstanding. No. I have never seen a weapon system being censored. It is rather quite curious.

The video showed the directional blast and crater which means the bomb can penetrate hardened bunkers and the directional blast can destroy them internally. So it is message for Modi that nothing under hard shelter will survive in India.

Back
Top Bottom