What's new

PAF Single engined Doctrine Good or Bad.

As JF17 is big success and step forward in right direction, we desperatly need J11 flankers, i think we should go for atleat 100, we dont have any cover for navy than again from east to west we are surrounded by enemies so we must not take any chance
Let's finish corruption, utilize resources properly and be bold

100 J-11B FOR NAVY ?even PLAN has 24 of them sir :D and production line is closes also .they are working on J-15 i think now.

If the USA has made a determination to go with a single engine fighter, F 35, why is this an issue for a financially strapped country like Pakistan ? I think not. However, the real issue is the reliability of the engine.

As JF17 is big success and step forward in right direction, we desperatly need J11 flankers, i think we should go for atleat 100, we dont have any cover for navy than again from east to west we are surrounded by enemies so we must not take any chance
Let's finish corruption, utilize resources properly and be bold

mdcp:

I agree with you 100% except 100 would be impossible. We should go for any where between 36 to 60 If we can. Also we should try to make a deal for Algerian SU 30 MK which I heard are grounded in Algeria because it was a copy of Indian SU 30 MKI. Putin is coming to Pakistan and I hope something good will come out from his visit for PAF.

If the USA has made a determination to go with a single engine fighter, F 35, why is this an issue for a financially strapped country like Pakistan ? I think not. However, the real issue is the reliability of the engine.

Junaid sahib

Single engine fighters are becoming a thing of past. You need power and deep penetration ability. F35 is going to be a stealth fighter. USA is not giving up on twine engines. Just my opinion.

I don't think twin engine offers any more deep penetration than single engine.
Israeli attack on the Iraqi nuc reactor was executed by F16's. F15's were air support, I believe.
Pentagon had made a determination in the mid 90's to go with a single engine jet for all services. The marines were laggards in agreeing but once reliability of the engine was demonstrated, they were on board.
Just to take the civilian example, if you can reliably trust 400 passengers to 2 engines, what is the problem with one pilot in a single engine aircraft ?

I don't think twin engine offers any more deep penetration than single engine.
Israeli attack on the Iraqi nuc reactor was executed by F16's. F15's were air support, I believe.
Pentagon had made a determination in the mid 90's to go with a single engine jet for all services. The marines were laggards in agreeing but once reliability of the engine was demonstrated, they were on board.
Just to take the civilian example, if you can reliably trust 400 passengers to 2 engines, what is the problem with one pilot in a single engine aircraft ?

Putin is coming to Pakistan and I hope something good will come out from his visit for PAF.

Pakistan, in my opinion, needs, in the defense sphere, a couple of priority strategic projects tied to advanced specialty schools and manufacturing - just my two cents, but I hope that one of the projects will be something to the effect of "Propulsion": a manufacturing facility tied to advanced schools (public/private partnerships) in Pakistan and in other countries, such as Russia and China, focused on creating propulsion units for the armed forces (aviation, naval and ground based) and civilian operators.

Pakistani armed forces need to create a specialty out of insurgency/counter insurgency, and need lift and lethal assets for the successful implementation of their insurgency/counter insurgency specialty, I do hope Pakistani officials will have prepared a detailed proposal for the Rus, which may mark the beginning of a new direction for the Pakistani state and the strategic orientation of the Pakistan armed forces.

we r expecting too much from Mr.Putin's visit. they have a long-term strategic partnership with india which they will not damage at the the expense of PK. at most we will get a few Mi-17's.

Then we should make sure that we do not offer a "either/or" proposition to Mr. Putin - or to anybody else -- It is a mistake to attempt winning friends by predicating creating new relations on the destruction of older relations.

we r expecting too much from Mr.Putin's visit. they have a long-term strategic partnership with india which they will not damage at the the expense of PK. at most we will get a few Mi-17's.
I agree, the first step should be to increase confidence building measures with Russia. I think initially we can look for training exchanges and joint excercises so as to increase the ties between the services. Ofcourse economic cooperation is another thing that we can look to expand on.

There is a massive THREAD in the chinease subsection talking about the J11 flankers trouncing the J10 vanguards in mock combat excercises of very large scale similar to USA RED FLAG.

oNE OF THE chinease POSTERS atrributed J11 success to RAW POWER of jammers and EW suites of the bigger J11.

The chinease are adding a lot of twin engined fighters to their fleet as we speak obviously impressed with the FLANKERS .

FOR OUR PAK POSTERS this is must read because ALOT OF PEOPLE are hoping that the PAF long term answer to 270+ SU30MKI was a combo of J10 JF17.. ESP J10B#

THIS WILL A REAL EYE OPENER TO PAF TOPBRASS

PREHAPS to the point they dont order J10B at all

an go for the formidable J11 from china instead

if this is true then we should but is it was a j10a or b
if its b then we should

its up to paf:pakistan:

the PAF doctorine is not based on number of engines,
PAF's doctorine is based on it's assigned role, i.e of a defensive force to protect the skies and provide air cover to the PA.
That couples with the concept of maximizing dollar value
PAF opts for agile, multirole aircraft, which happen to be mostly single engined.

Recently the naval role is coming to foreground, however it will take some time to take shape once it is decided who will root the bill.

Doctrine is all good and to be considdered.

BUT surely the DOCTRINE OF PAF is based on THREAT IT FACES and the fire power of the enemy.

IF YOU FACE A HARD HITTING twin engined threat from superior fighters and superior numbers then you match your opponent by

1. HAVING superior nos OR technology which ultimately LEADS TO superior fire power

TO DATE MOST PAKISTANIS where banking that the J10 would GIVE PAF the edge

this clearly not the case

SO WHERE DOES THE EDGE come from now ?????

Doctrine is all good and to be considdered.

BUT surely the DOCTRINE OF PAF is based on THREAT IT FACES and the fire power of the enemy.

IF YOU FACE A HARD HITTING twin engined threat from superior fighters and superior numbers then you match your opponent by

1. HAVING superior nos OR technology which ultimately LEADS TO superior fire power

TO DATE MOST PAKISTANIS where banking that the J10 would GIVE PAF the edge

this clearly not the case

SO WHERE DOES THE EDGE come from now ?????

from nowhere, until and unless our dear army realizes the importance of other forces(Navy and AF) and spares some money instead of eating it all up, they are not going to get ANYTHING new or better

Back
Top Bottom