What's new

PAF should've invested more on J-10s rather than JF-17s

Well on the topic. I disagree. JF-17 Thunder was made to be our 'workhouse' for the Air Force. It is not meant to the 'high-end' aircraft for our air force.We have obsolete F-7s/Miraages as our middle-tear? Now imagine 150-250 JF-17 thunders replaceing obsolete these aircrafts in our Air Force. Our air power will skyrocket because now we'd have a versatile and truly multi-role aircraft that can carry weapons;

Missiles :

1- SD-10B BVR Air-to-Air missile (Operational Range:120Km)

2- AIM 9X "Sidewinder" (Air-to-Air WVR missile)

3-MAA-1A/1B ( advance Air-to-Air Infrared homing WVR missile. Super maneuverable and can perform maneuvers at 50 G ! )

4- PL-5E ( Air-to-Air WVR missile with 0.5 km to 18km range)

5-PL-9C (Multi-Element infrared Air-to-Air/Air-to-Ground missile. In Air-to-Air mode the operational range is 22Km, while in Air-to-Ground mode the operational range is 8Km)

6- MAR-1 (Advance anti-radiation missile with the operational range of 100km!)

Anti-Ship missiles

1- C802A (Advance anti-ship cruise missile with the range of 180 km)

2- CM-400AKG ( Long-range hypersonic anti-ship cruise missile with the range of 250km!)

Bombs :

1- GBU-12 Paveway II (Lased guided bomb with ~15 km range!)

2-Durandal-1 Anti-runway bombs

3- Advance LS-6 bomb series (250 Kg , 500 kg , 750 kg)

4- MK-82 bombs , MK-84 bombs etc.

5- H-2 , H-4 (Pakistan-made Air-to-ground long range bombs!)

-------------------------------------

Note : This list is of weapons that are officially confirmed to be operational with JF-17 Thunder as we speak!

Many other weapons are being tested or being integrated on this magnificent air-craft as we speak right now!

Few examples are :

1- Ra'ad (Pakistani Nuclear-capable stealthy Air-launched cruise missile)

2- A-Darter (Highly advanced Air-to-Air missile)

3- IRIS-T (Highly advanced Air-to-Air missile)

----------

Also , with the new engine , JF-17 would be able to carry more payload/fuel and its range will increase even further. So Inshallah , this aircraft would prove to be a very good investment in our air power in the region...

Coming blocks of JF-17 would have alot of other features too ;)

Plus : JF-17 is a very beautiful , highly maneuverable , and cost-effective bird that we can produce at home (60% as of now. 80% by 2015).

jf17new12.jpg

p1010388o.jpg

3-MAA-1A/1B ( advance Air-to-Air Infrared homing WVR missile. Super maneuverable and can perform maneuvers at 50 G ! )

Note : This list is of weapons that are officially confirmed to be operational with JF-17 Thunder as we speak!

When? How? Are you sure? MAA-1B is still in trials and will be produced in 2013. I doubt they would give us the AIM 9X or did you mean the AIM 9P/L or the 9M?

Urm.. there is no proof or even a hint of the IRIS-T ever being tested on the JF-17.
the Iris-T is capable of being fired from the JF-17(or any aircraft capable of firing the Aim-9)..
But the IRIS-T has not been and will not be for the future be part of the JF-17's arsenal.

The A-Darter was expressed interest in , looked at.. but never got beyond interest and initial negotiations.
The JF-17's current missile is the PL-5E-II which is roughly comparable to the Aim-9M.
There is a Chinese missile in development with greater capability that will mirror the capabilities of the A-darter and may be introduced in 2013.

The MAA-1-A piranhas were tested on the JF-17 but never meant for it, they are for another existing weapon system and have been paired with a HMS display.. that makes that system the current best dog-fighter in PAF's fleet(take a hint).

Currently the JF-17's arsenal also has an undeclared EO/Guided weapon system in development that is supposed to closely resemble the AGM-65 in performance. However, the priorities for all these various arsenal and capability upgrades is different.
But the program is focusing on first delivering a potent air-to air capability(with Electronics to complement)..then a SEAD&PGM weapon capability(with electronics to match)...and then finally stand-off capabilities(with electronics,software upgrades etc) to match.

So yes, it is a proper workhorse with weapons and capability(as much as our rivals..or rather the arm chair ones that post here try to down play it through what is best referred to as paper matching).. that gives the PAF some footing to put up a good fight(ruefully, its something that the actual professionals of our rivals..those that fly and fight understand..one would actually hope they were as simplistic as some of the posters here..but our enemy is fairly intelligent).

However, it is also not some overbloated fighter that does not have severe limitations.. and is not the best jack of all trades either. There is a need for a greater capability in the PAF to complement the F-16's that make up the main offensive punch of the PAF... but at this point.. due to lack of funds.. Nothing is moving.

Read this. Seems like China is not going to induct any jf-17 :undecided:

http:**www**.china-defense-mashup.com/chinese-jf-17-is-a-cheap-competition-for-the-f-16

Read this. Seems like China is not gonna induct JF-17. :undecided:

http***www*china-defense-mashup.com/chinese-jf-17-is-a-cheap-competition-for-the-f-16.html

Well on the topic. I disagree. JF-17 Thunder was made to be our 'workhouse' for the Air Force. It is not meant to the 'high-end' aircraft for our air force.We have obsolete F-7s/Miraages as our middle-tear? Now imagine 150-250 JF-17 thunders replaceing obsolete these aircrafts in our Air Force. Our air power will skyrocket because now we'd have a versatile and truly multi-role aircraft that can carry weapons;

Missiles :

1- SD-10B BVR Air-to-Air missile (Operational Range:120Km)

4- PL-5E ( Air-to-Air WVR missile with 0.5 km to 18km range)

5-PL-9C (Multi-Element infrared Air-to-Air/Air-to-Ground missile. In Air-to-Air mode the operational range is 22Km, while in Air-to-Ground mode the operational range is 8Km)

6- MAR-1 (Advance anti-radiation missile with the operational range of 100km!)

Anti-Ship missiles

1- C802A (Advance anti-ship cruise missile with the range of 180 km)

2- CM-400AKG ( Long-range hypersonic anti-ship cruise missile with the range of 250km!)

Bombs :

1- GBU-12 Paveway II (Lased guided bomb with ~15 km range!)

2-Durandal-1 Anti-runway bombs

3- Advance LS-6 bomb series (250 Kg , 500 kg , 750 kg)

4- MK-82 bombs , MK-84 bombs etc.

5- H-2 , H-4 (Pakistan-made Air-to-ground long range bombs!)

-------------------------------------

Many other weapons are being tested or being integrated on this magnificent air-craft as we speak right now!

Few examples are :

1- Ra'ad (Pakistani Nuclear-capable stealthy Air-launched cruise missile)

2- A-Darter (Highly advanced Air-to-Air missile)

----------

Also , with the new engine , JF-17 would be able to carry more payload/fuel and its range will increase even further. So Inshallah , this aircraft would prove to be a very good investment in our air power in the region...

Coming blocks of JF-17 would have alot of other features too ;)

Plus : JF-17 is a very beautiful , highly maneuverable , and cost-effective bird that we can produce at home (60% as of now. 80% by 2015).

jf17new12.jpg

p1010388o.jpg
The Problem is that the current JF-17 lack many things including BVR Missiles so we really need to develop Block II as fast as we could and also we need J 10 B first we need another 4.5 Generation Plane and also it is easy to get

The Problem is that the current JF-17 lack many things including BVR Missiles so we really need to develop Block II as fast as we could and also we need J 10 B first we need another 4.5 Generation Plane and also it is easy to get

What? Only major draw-backs I can see in JF-17 are;

1) Engine. (More powerful engine is needed for this wonderful machine)
2) Hardpoints (atleast two more hardpoints are needed in JF-17. A total of 9 hardpoints would be decent).

Hasn't S10B already been integrated with JF17? Not trolling, just want an honest answer.

What? Only major draw-backs I can see in JF-17 are;

1) Engine. (More powerful engine is needed for this wonderful machine)
2) Hardpoints (atleast two more hardpoints are needed in JF-17. A total of 9 hardpoints would be decent).
Sir Block I don't have BVR capability and also yes lacks in engine and yes more hard points will also do the job we need Block II really fast

However, it is also not some overbloated fighter that does not have severe limitations.. and is not the best jack of all trades either. There is a need for a greater capability in the PAF to complement the F-16's that make up the main offensive punch of the PAF... but at this point.. due to lack of funds.. Nothing is moving.

Thank you for the post.

Can you tell what 'limitations' are there in case of JF-17? You also mentioned funds. So are funds not available for JF-17 program OR PAF is looking for another platform to complement F-16 upto PAF's satisfaction?

Sir Block I don't have BVR capability and also yes lacks in engine and yes more hard points will also do the job we need Block II really fast
@Oscar

Is he right?:undecided:

Last edited by a moderator:
Mastan Bhai, it beggars belief that an Indian agent would be prowling through the JF-17 thread trying to pick up inside information on the up coming blocks !

And No I don't know much about espionage but surely a mole working in Kamra, an observation post outside Kamra (in the localities), striking up a friendship with one of the technicians working at Kamra or even cyber-theft would provide much better quality & quantity of information than us 'kids' who blurt things out !

Hi,

Discussing it is fine---but to argue with me---won't help you---I am too old for that---. A mole may be compromised---or just selling fake information---sitting outside don't work---.

Why would the enemy be threatening their lives when they have a gold mine blurting out all the capabilities of your weapons systems, talking about the transfers of general officer staff, discussing the qualities and incompetence of certain generals and giving personal references, talking about the movement of armour and weapons systems, talking about the incoming military flights, loading and un-loading of stuff---there is no way possible that the enemy can come across this kind of information---.

Son---I want you to remember one thing and never forget it till you get old and tell it to your sons---baby snakes are more dangerous and deadly than their adult counter parts---you know why---because they don't know how to control the amount of venom to inject into an adversay---so when they strike---they let all the posion go in one shot---where as the adults---they control the amount of poision to release---.

Similiarly---young bucks don't understand what not to say---and please don't for a moment think that I was a saint in my younger days---living with a family member who was one of the pioneers in the pak nuc program---I blurted out a lots of stuff---but then there was no world wide web at that time in existence and no def *** pk forums.

If the indian agencies are not working on this forum full time----then I would reccommend them to pack their bags---go home and start praying---"dhoni rachayain".

what this Joker saying
http**www*flightglobal.com/news/articles/in-focus-china-awaits-fighter-export-breakthrough-373313/

Thank you for the post.

Can you tell what 'limitations' are there in case of JF-17? You also mentioned funds. So are funds not available for JF-17 program OR PAF is looking for another platform to complement F-16 upto PAF's satisfaction?

@Oscar

Is he right?:undecided:

The limitations are in its engine power, size, hardpoints..etc.. these have been discussed in the JF-17 main thread.

As for the post..
When he is never right about basic tenets of religion. you would expect him to know even the basics of the JF-17.
I would not trust a word.

for all others.
JF-17 block-I is BVR capable and tested..
what has to be done is complete the introduction of the SD-10 within the fleet.
The SD-10 stocks are flowing in slowly..
So first they will trickle to Kamra.. then to any other bases.

Last edited by a moderator:

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom