What's new

PAF Should Go For The F 35---A Coupe De Grace

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

After much thought and deliberation---I have come to the conclusion that PAF should change gears in mid stream and go for a 2 Sqdrn strength of the F 35 initially.

They should drop the idea for the SU35 or the J11D and go for the JH7B with the upgraded engine and aesa radar.

But the key over here is the F35----. With the procurement of this aircraft---it can bring some balance to the fire fight and have some strength at its disposal to maintain and manage an aggressive and a defensive power stance---.

This is an unconventional approach to the problem at hand---. Go for the 5th gen aircraft first and then go back to the 4--- 4.5 gen aircraft---.

It will also give it enough time to develop the JF 17 blk 3 as well.

There are a couple of things that have changed-----. @Zarvan brought my attention to a thread started by Usama---I believe---regarding the F15 Silent eagle----with a new configuration of 16 BVR missiles on the wings and underbody with conformal fuel tanks designed by Boeing believe.

The F 15 would be guided by the F22 and the F 35 towards the target---the same can be done with the JF 17's. If it can be designed to carry 6 BVR missiles---then you have taken care of some of the problems facing the air defense of the country.

By going for the F 35---you are going to take the initiative away from the enemy. If it was me----I would rather have 2 sqdrn's of F35's than 4 sqdrn's of J11d's or SU35's.

You guys are being upset at why this change in game plan----why d I keep bringing different scenarios-----. I guess you people might come across some news in the near or distant future.

So---til then--- I am not going to say anything else---. Just wanted to let you guys know---if India was a litte more aggressive last year---the deal for the J10B's was done----.

To those who are roaming around the air force bases----please look for 2 of them------.
good opener
I am liking the concept and open ended ..possibilities. clearing F-35 for Pakistan will be a diplomatic victory and for that work should start now.

please advise should I ban all posters who post the over used one liner "where will you get the money from? or who will loan you?"

Guess you are paying for it are you?
you too? let him talk. now.. banning Indian trolls from this thread will be unfair :)

No more American fighters please! What guarantee is there after the WOT is over if it ever is US will refuse to sell us goodies. We should leave our slave mentality behind and work to develop something ingenious.

Why start a thread that won't go anywhere for the coming decade?
just for the sake of a defence forum thats all. and why not. if we are only going to post and debate were we are all in agreement then there is no fun

No more American fighters please! What guarantee is there after the WOT is over if it ever is US will refuse to sell us goodies. We should leave our slave mentality behind and work to develop something ingenious.
seeking best product from a country that has proven successful platforms is not a slave mentality but a wise choice.
there is no guarantee even for JF-17 its engines are Russian and there is nothing engraved on stone that their supply is confirmed till the end of time. they can change their stance too and we (including china) are not there yet to be fully independent in making our own jet.

Since we do not have carriers , we further do not have need for a F-35 , we are fine Sukhoi for navy Patrol missions in Pakistani Sea operations of our coast line
F-35 is offered in three version not just for navy with STOVL but for a conventional land based runway as well. it was meant to replace aircrafts for 3 services airforce, navy and marines. both Russian and American fighters are out of reach at the moment both due to restrictions and finances so there is no lead of one on the other in terms of availability but yes for argument sake .. SU 35 offers better maritime role in the absence of a carrier. F-35 is not only stealth but also offers advanced radar, avionics and armament.. it has its own advantages

What about Sanctions? Like Pakistan Faced Sanctions on F-16's same thing can happen to F-35... Why would someone want a Plane which strings and Controls will always be in another hands.... I think the Main reason even India Refused F-16's because of sanctions
SU35 or whatever Russia offers, it has more sanction issue due to its strong relation with India and such deep friendship from Nuclear powered submarines till Su 30Mk, plus hypersonic missiles till aircraft carrier. Its all about Multi billion projects.
This is bless on us if U.S.A offers F35 . Then If we Accept this offer, it will give us 2nd best stealth fighter in the world and good relation with U.S.A and others in long term.
If it were me, I just waste time on SU35 talk, so that U.S.A offer us f15s and f15 is my first pick with blink of eye, while if they offer F35, then definitely F35, F35, F35 .....
While there is decades and a gen difference between Su35 and F35.
I will prefer two squadrons of F35 than 5 squardons of Su35.

Jh-7 . . . J-11/16 . . SU-35 . . .F-35 . . . i can see F-22 coming soon.

i agree, but as well as a joint research and development with china on stealth technology ...we really need investment in this field.

right,see when we invest in f16 at that time we get the edge with remain for decades,same type of step we need it now,to take f22 or f35 but uncle sam ko topi karani ho gi

Hi,

After much thought and deliberation---I have come to the conclusion that PAF should change gears in mid stream and go for a 2 Sqdrn strength of the F 35 initially.

They should drop the idea for the SU35 or the J11D and go for the JH7B with the upgraded engine and aesa radar.

But the key over here is the F35----. With the procurement of this aircraft---it can bring some balance to the fire fight and have some strength at its disposal to maintain and manage an aggressive and a defensive power stance---.

This is an unconventional approach to the problem at hand---. Go for the 5th gen aircraft first and then go back to the 4--- 4.5 gen aircraft---.

There are a couple of things that have changed-----. @Zarvan brought my attention to a thread started by Usama---I believe---regarding the F15 Silent eagle----with a new configuration of 16 BVR missiles on the wings and underbody with conformal fuel tanks designed by Boeing believe.

The F 15 would be guided by the F22 and the F 35 towards the target---the same can be done with the JF 17's. If it can be designed to carry 6 BVR missiles---then you have taken care of some of the problems facing the air defense of the country.

By going for the F 35---you are going to take the initiative away from the enemy. If it was me----I would rather have 2 sqdrn's of F35's than 4 sqdrn's of J11d's or SU35's.

You guys are being upset at why this change in game plan----why d I keep bringing different scenarios-----. I guess you people might come across some news in the near or distant future.

So---til then--- I am not going to say anything else---. Just wanted to let you guys know---if India was a litte more aggressive last year---the deal for the J10B's was done----.

To those who are roaming around the air force bases----please look for 2 of them------.

Mastan Bhai.....Hunn Charhi hay....:p:

Hi,

I completely agree with your idea that the JSF will give much needed edge to PAF's capabilites.
But it's infamous for being a money-hog and it's per unit cost will be unbearable for a small economy like ours.

Second, I doubt the US will ever let us buy them even if we had the cash in hand. As has been pointed out, they fear we will share the tech with the Chinese (who have already managed to get certain details of the JSF anyways). Also, we lack the diplomatic clout with Washington to make this sale a reality.

We share the same idea that the Thunder is not enough for every aerial role in modern warfare and that PAF is limiting itself by sticking to multirole aircraft only, but the F-35 is just not feasible in the long run. Something like the F-18 (modified to suit our requirements) with limited stealth tech will give us a better strike capability in a multi-role platform.

What we could be talking with the US is extensive ToT for an older and less sensitive aircraft like the Hornet and then building on that.

The other, obvious, option is the J-11.
Air-superiority, reliable partner with more realistic expectations of in-house manufacturing and no-strings attached.

Thanks.

@Mastaan-khan It's the worst analysis i've ever seen from your side. I am not saying that which you said is wrong but from a person like you, I was not expecting this kind of analysis.

Hi,

How it happens is that sometimes the best analysis that you read is at times not worth that square piece of toilet paper that you might use to cleanse yourself with----.

And sometimes the worst analysis that you think of that time maybe like a piece of napkin that you are holding your sandwich in----does that make sense-----:o::o::o:

F-35 is offered in three version not just for navy with STOVL but for a conventional land based runway as well. it was meant to replace aircrafts for 3 services airforce, navy and marines. both Russian and American fighters are out of reach at the moment both due to restrictions and finances so there is no lead of one on the other in terms of availability but yes for argument sake .. SU 35 offers better maritime role in the absence of a carrier. F-35 is not only stealth but also offers advanced radar, avionics and armament.. it has its own advantages

Un petite question: What are the chances of the F-35 even being offered for sale to Pakistan?

Un petite question: What are the chances of the F-35 even being offered for sale to Pakistan?
not very bright so we should demand the TOT.. (oh never mind).

this thread is just for the argument sake and might sound funny but the world politics and Pak-US relations change quicker than the mood swings of my Mrs. at one point we were going through scrapyards and secretly sourcing items from Israel for our vintage F-16s... and Lockheed martin was trolling us with its new videos of Block 52.. and we was like damn that is cool but we is not getting that .. but things changed and we did. comparison to F-35 might be wrong but if there is some dramatical change in the geopolitics in favour of Pakistan then it might just happen but chances of that are slim because we will need it for India whereas America might sell it to India for China .. we don't have same excuse as India (not that India really needs to convince or assure them that they wont use it against America's WOT ally Pakistan).

not very bright so we should demand the TOT.. (oh never mind).

this thread is just for the argument sake and might sound funny but the world politics and Pak-US relations change quicker than the mood swings of my Mrs. at one point we were going through scrapyards and secretly sourcing items from Israel for our vintage F-16s... and Lockheed martin was trolling us with its new videos of Block 52.. and we was like damn that is cool but we is not getting that .. but things changed and we did. comparison to F-35 might be wrong but if there is some dramatical change in the geopolitics in favour of Pakistan then it might just happen but chances of that are slim because we will need it for India whereas America might sell it to India for China .. we don't have same excuse as India (not that India really needs to convince or assure them that they wont use it against America's WOT ally Pakistan).

True that nothing is permanent in international geopolitics, but I agree with you the likelihood of USA offering advanced platforms such as the F-35 to Pakistan is not very high for the foreseeable future.

Seems like we dont get lesson from F 16 which had pain to us due to embargi on pak cant get spares what few F 16 we had

No need to go for US weapons they will back steb u when u count on them

SU 35 is versatile jet it gurantees air superirity top of it we can get spares from china if russia dont sell in war becoz china also ordered SU 3t

S
SU 35 is versatile jet it gurantees air superirity top of it we can get spares from china if russia dont sell in war becoz china also ordered SU 3t
then why not go for the Chinese J-11 copy instead?
why do you think that a much advanced and different SU-35 will have same parts as an older version of Su-27 on which Chinese made J-11 with their own parts?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom