What's new

PAF shoot down IAF SU-30 MKI l News & Discussion

But but..... the problem lies for India in the fact that Pakistan showcased all missiles of Mig-21 with their motors and seekers intact.
12.jpg

What did India showcased? Right! a proud display of AMRAAM fragment. So you are right but only one claim is BS and we all know who's.

Sir ji, you accept or not but fact is both claims are full of BS..

Actually it were JF-17s that crossed the LOC and targeted Indian Brigade HQ......PAF could afford to lose JF-17s that's why they were sent in and had your SU-30s and Mirage-2000s constantly locked, through desperation their pilots asked Indian ground defences to engage PAF jets, who obliged by shooting down own helicopter which was sent to locate and rescue the downed SU-30 crew.
And if Abhindan engaged the battle with his drop tanks on, then IAF is better off employing airline pilots.

The drop tanks still being on the plane clearly mean that he never went into an engagement, he had no visuals, was jammed and only a grape.

Sir i am talking with evidence. Indians never shot down any F-16 that was a joke the world had a good laugh at, now simply saying both claims are BS does not cut it. You see we always said no F-16 was lost but Indian government kept lying and even went ahead with giving a gallantry award to Abi.
So ask yourself if you admit that your government lied the first time about shooting down an F-16 what stops them from lying again on their 2nd claim about no SU-30 being lost specially when it was the IAF that showed that AMRAAM.

PAF could afford to lose JF-17s that's why they were sent in
Comeon windy, What a childish statement by you, Didn’t see that coming from you.

Your this statement makes Thunder sound like a cannon fodder, Second fiddle fighter, That isn’t “THAT GOOD” and can be lost with no regrets. This also supports the glorification mindset towards American weaponry and F-16s being the supreme fighters of PAF.

Do you have any idea how badly you framed your reply, And that to an indian ?

Dg ispr said in Kamran Khan show that the other pilot died but kamran didn't ask further questions related to this topic.i believe dg ispr wanted to tell the real story on that day but unfortunately we have useless journalists. Anyway we did well. Everyone knows about indian airspace.they have everything,Sams everywhere but still we managed to infiltrate. There were reports that at least one Sam missile was fired towards f-16 but it dodged that missile. Indians accepted it during the initial reports about this feb27 incident. I believe lots of things happened that day.we only know half truth.

Comeon windy, What a childish statement by you, Didn’t see that coming from you.

Your this statement makes Thunder sound like a cannon fodder, Second fiddle fighter, That isn’t “THAT GOOD” and can be lost with no regrets. This also supports the glorification mindset towards American weaponry and F-16s being the supreme fighters of PAF.

Do you have any idea how badly you framed your reply, And that to an indian ?
Calm down dude and stop making your own wild assessments.
PAF can or could afford to lose JF-17 because its built in house and can be easily replaced else if it was less capable then why would it be leading the attack.....in fact in some sectors, it has taken over ADA duties from F-16s.

Calm down dude and stop making your own wild assessments.
PAF can or could afford to lose JF-17 because its built in house and can be easily replaced else if it was less capable then why would it be leading the attack.....in fact in some sectors, it has taken over ADA duties from F-16s.
Not my point of discussion,
“Can afford to lose”, I understand where you are coming from,
But that was unnecessary in your statement, Unneeded.

TBH, Current F-16s in our inventory, And Block 2 Thunders, I would prefer a Thunder over F-16s to counter Indian fighters provided that the required supporting aircrafts Are in the air as well.

Given the limitations of Our F-16s and AIM-120C5, PL-15 equipped Thunders with KLJ-7A/LKF, Are far better and a threat to IAF.

So in easy terms, Thunders are more important to us than the F-16s right now

Sir i am talking with evidence. Indians never shot down any F-16 that was a joke the world had a good laugh at, now simply saying both claims are BS does not cut it. You see we always said no F-16 was lost but Indian government kept lying and even went ahead with giving a gallantry award to Abi.
So ask yourself if you admit that your government lied the first time about shooting down an F-16 what stops them from lying again on their 2nd claim about no SU-30 being lost specially when it was the IAF that showed that AMRAAM.

Sir, the evidence provided by paf, the same as provided by iaf.

But later u added that US has counted the total inventory of your f16.

Other hand, Iaf showcased the both aircraft's by flying together.

If I just talk about truthless stories then I could add:

About showcasing of missile with could be BS as PAf could have got wreckage from one missile from some where (could be from china or any) and displayed...

India shown the missile wreckage caused for too many Truthless stories in PDF.

The simple is that o don't belived on any such stories without back by solid proof and so for me both are just BS claims..

Last edited:

well, a claim is a claim..it becomes a BS claim when you have strong counter data..

for example, India claimed it hit terrorist targets in balkot..its a claim but once satellite images got out showing how clearly they missed the target it became a BS claim.

India claimed it shot down an f16 but when the original supplier counted the f16s and said they are intact, well now it became a BS claim along with 4 missiles recovered from mig 21.

Pakistan claimed it shot down a su30, it is still a claim only, india showed a su 30 jet stating it has the same call sign..well that is a lame counter data..better data will be if Russia counts all the su 30 and states officially all of them are intact. that would make PAF claim weak, it will become bullshit claim if Pakistan states a specific fighter shot it down and India gives an argument that specific fighter was not in a position to shoot it down (either being too far or having its missiles intact)

all in all, ask anyone who should we trust neutral third party satellite images or IAF..claiming terrorist targets were hit is like claiming the world is flat... it is such a bullshit claim

Not my point of discussion,
“Can afford to lose”, I understand where you are coming from,
But that was unnecessary in your statement, Unneeded.

TBH, Current F-16s in our inventory, And Block 2 Thunders, I would prefer a Thunder over F-16s to counter Indian fighters provided that the required supporting aircrafts Are in the air as well.

Given the limitations of Our F-16s and AIM-120C5, PL-15 equipped Thunders with KLJ-7A/LKF, Are far better and a threat to IAF.

So in easy terms, Thunders are more important to us than the F-16s right now
You can see how the Indians are making a song and dance about shooting down an F-16.....for the same effort they could have claimed for JF-17 or a Mirage.
Although the JF-17 package had several Indian jets in their sights and could have easily scored more kills that day but at the end of the day, its F-16 that scored the kills.
At the end of the day it's not what you wish for but rather what achieves the results.

two points
1. we have no photographic evidence of PL-15 being carried by thunders
2. KLJ-7A might not fully utilize PL-15 range which thought to be around 150km(much longer & heavier than meteor but range close to it). it could be a reason why PAF might not equip them with block 1-2s. Unlike the sd10 & aim120c, pl15 is not a single burn rocket but rather is pulse rocket engine
meteor was not offered with mirage 2000 for same reason its radar being pretty weak(thats what the french told the indains)

Showing a pic of a couple of Su-30MKIs and claiming one was the "Avenger" call sign was probably the lamest exercise in propaganda I have ever seen. A call sign is just that...a call sign. It can be assigned to any aircraft at any given time. That may have fooled the indian public fed on bollywood BS but not to the rest of rational global audience.

Back
Top Bottom