What's new

PAF shoot down IAF SU-30 MKI l News & Discussion

HUD camera most likely.

There is an eye witness account that explains that the other pilot was injured and limping. The one that was taken to the CMH and hinted by DG ISPR in first presser.
But why would Pak government release one pilot and not the other? Both had committed aggression against Pak...so either they were both to be held responsible or something like that...or both released?

We can't just hold one and release the other for the same crime(for the lack of a better word).

But why would Pak government release one pilot and not the other? Both had committed aggression against Pak...so either they were both to be held responsible or something like that...or both released?

We can't just hold one and release the other for the same crime(for the lack of a better word).

Its our choice when to release, he is a POW after all. Also, he was injured.

Lol, how can we release a pilot if Indian force is saying we didnt loose any SU-30 pilot

SU-30 is a Sikh pilot who is in Pak Army Custody and apparently he is a Squadron Leader
That would explain the old baba in one of the videos earlier. He mentioned 02 others and that one was a Sikh/Sardar.

Okay, his release I can guarantee - since Sidhu will broker it while standing in the Pakistan Parliament, himself :-) .

Yes it is our choice when to release but why speedy release of one while no mention(other than that first time) and withholding of the other? Makes no logical sense. It's like if a court released one robber while jailed the other for the same robbery...seems arbitrary.

Yes it is our choice when to release but why speedy release of one while no mention(other than that first time) and withholding of the other? Makes no logical sense. It's like if a court released one robber while jailed the other for the same robbery...seems arbitrary.

Point scoring/ politics. We became the good guys :D

When the missile explodes, it's devastation effects are not limited to machine only. There was that pic of a helo pilot with one leg blown off by a shrapnel

HUD camera most likely.

There is an eye witness account that explains that the other pilot was injured and limping. The one that was taken to the CMH and hinted by DG ISPR in first presser.

SU-30 is a Sikh pilot who is in Pak Army Custody and apparently he is a Squadron Leader
If the pilot was a sikh then i understand everything, the secrecy the controversial, we pakistaniz like and respect sikhs and our government wouldn't want to hurt sikh communitybin india or pakistan. Also we would avoid making a political scene with it.

I wont be surprised if he is released via back channels and never in public.

I guess time will tell.

I am feeling like ISPR will be doing another conference with more details and maybe another pilot with Su-30 kill. Its in Pakistan's interest to show the SU-30MKI kill because:

1. Completely discredits IAF
2. More importantly completely discredits Modi's gov
3. Easy to forward the narrative that Modi gov tried to disown their own.
4. Indian people have high feelings for their troops, #3 means he will massively lose support
5. For peace efforts we don't want terrorist like Modi ruling India
6. Unrelated to India but SU-30MKI kill would bolster JF-17 sale and exports.

So if we want peace, which surely can't happen under Modi, completely destroying the trust people have in Modi's gov is important. And nothing can destroy trust in them than showing that indeed there was a 2nd Indian aircraft destroyed, and HOPEFULLY we have another pilot in custody to prove it (as Indians will say video evidence was edited/fake)

This would be a great opportunity to destroy Modi's gov. Of course this is only if we have indisputable evidence.

Agreed on all accounts except for nr 5. Modi is the best thing that happened to Pakistan. He must win the next elections and radicalize hindus so we can see another partition in near future.

Never reveal all your cards.

If we have card which we could use to influence the election in India in order to make narendra boody out of power then, all bad is this episode, we could say it’s a gift to us from Allah.
I maybe wrong off course

Not exactly true. By calling him a PoW, you automatically have to hand him/them over according to the 'Geneva Convention'.

First off: He/they are Prisoner(s) - not a Prisoner(s) of War.

Why? Because WAR has not been declared by either side.

As for the 'Geneva Convention', you require to hand over after a number of days, once declaring you have him in custody. But if you declare him a Prisoner, he joins the same class of individuals who accidently cross the boarders like farmers & fishermen.

Abhinandan was lucky, because IK had his release done, before a formal request could even come through their Indian High Commission in Islamabad and/or their Foreign Affairs Dept.

Indian Media is still thinking that Pakistan was obligated to return him, which we were not. But their Home Ministry knows better, but they just don't want the public to know. They want the public to be under the illusion that IK gave up their Hero out of fear of Modi.

Never reveal all your cards.

If we have card which we could use to influence the election in India in order to make narendra boody out of power then, all bad is this episode, we could say it’s a gift to us from Allah.
I maybe wrong off course
I disagree as far as kicking Modi out of power. I think he should be reelected as many times as possible...it's good for Pak. He will tear them apart from within by creating more and more hatred.

This below is the latest example. Read the article in this thread
[URL="https://defence.pk/pdf/threads/indian-professor-forced-to-kneel-down-apologise-for-praising-pakistan.605832/#post-11241803"]Indian professor forced to kneel down, apologise for praising Pakistan[/URL]

Back
Top Bottom