What's new

PAF revamped Air Defense Alert System

Will they also be followed by medium and shortrange air defense systems to cover our air bases. Like the three new ones showed by Turkey this year.

View attachment 954511
View attachment 954512
Actually no, not for now.
Pat got the new shorads few years ago, for medium range it already has enough Spada 2000 & crotales (both the upgraded & non upgraded ones). Turkish SAM options are not in contention for now.

I think you should clarify that is case for the ones AESA Ground based radars PAF is developing itself under the whole NASTP initiative.
Not of ones made by SPD which is in trials I think.
Actually there's a third one as well, project directorate directly falling under AHQ.
Project vision one is ground based AESA radar (HLR)

I think you should clarify that is case for the ones AESA Ground based radars PAF is developing itself under the whole NASTP initiative.
Not of ones made by SPD which is in trials I think.
PAF should better focus on Air Borne AESA radar if NESCOM has already developed Ground Based AESA radars.
Aur b acha hota agr PAF NESCOM ko hi kehti k bhai hamein aik Air Borne AESA radar bi bna do.
Or i am missing something?

Almost identical to the what Thales purposed in their detail report around 2013/14 except a few changes vis a vis Radar.
Iss se ziyadah mere par jalte hain :crazy_pilot:
There is a image of said Crotale AU upgrade available publicly on Twitter/X taken at nastp which i have uploaded below ( Also there was a video of the upgrade process on display at IDEAS2022 as well, i have some more clearer pics from the ideas expo but dont like double cabin rides)

Image Credits (Twitter/X) by user : @Saju__302
1695139248972.jpeg

There is a image of said Crotale AU upgrade available publicly on Twitter/X taken at nastp which i have uploaded below ( Also there was a video of the upgrade process on display at IDEAS2022 as well, i have some more clearer pics from the ideas expo but dont like double cabin rides)

Image Credits (Twitter/X) by user : @Saju__302
View attachment 954635
I get that & I know that, FU's parameters coming out of my mouth is a risk I might not take.
People know me here for last 8-9 years. I always back my info 100% and that is my info's success rate.

I get that & I know that, FU's parameters coming out of my mouth is a risk I might not take.
People know me here for last 8-9 years. I always back my info 100% and that is my info's success rate.
ofc bro i understand, also i didnt ask for specs was just saying there are images available online. Also you said PAF inducted a SHORAD some years back. Any elaboration on that, where we got that from.

ofc bro i understand, also i didnt ask for specs was just saying there are images available online. Also you said PAF inducted a SHORAD some years back. Any elaboration on that, where we got that from.
Yes we got them around 2017/18 from china. Our first conversion crew went there for 6 months. They work alongside Mistrals and are pretty good as far as their performance goes.

Yes we got them around 2017/18 from china. Our first conversion crew went there for 6 months. They work alongside Mistrals and are pretty good as far as their performance goes.
very interesting. Does the shorad have a name or chinese designation ?

Last edited:
As good as qw3/ Anza 3.
People who have operated it in multiple firing exercises over the years say bit better than that, but I this +-5% of difference

so just simple manpads bruh
They are our shorads wether u like them or not.
They were a big purchase back in the day tho I'm a fan of mistrals.
They'll come handy in UAV warfare as per ops plans lets see

Yaar what is the status of indigenous SAM sys is it still active program or dropped like other projects?

Actually no, not for now.
Pat got the new shorads few years ago, for medium range it already has enough Spada 2000 & crotales (both the upgraded & non upgraded ones). Turkish SAM options are not in contention for now.

Actually there's a third one as well, project directorate directly falling under AHQ.
Project vision one is ground based AESA radar (HLR)

What's the reason we have 3 projects running in parallel?

Pakistani defence procurement is not like the US where LM, Boeing, NG etc. all fight for a single DoD contract. In Pakistan, the procurement is done directly through govt agencies without bidding (SPD, NESCOM, AWC etc), so why then try the same thing from 3 different organizations?

Pakistani defence procurement is not like the US where LM, Boeing, NG etc. all fight for a single DoD contract. In Pakistan, the procurement is done directly through govt agencies without bidding (SPD, NESCOM, AWC etc), so why then try the same thing from 3 different organizations?
Only thing I can think of is a new NDC KRL situation.

I mean I can say something but let them stay unsaid.

It is what it is.

P.S: one is ground based HLR, other one is airborne & the third one is low altitude (Low-Medium range)

Yaar what is the status of indigenous SAM sys is it still active program or dropped like other projects?
still there but it's on slowish pace.
Might pick up the pace soon along with anti sat missiles development.

Back
Top Bottom