What's new

PAF revamped Air Defense Alert System

According to threat specification different missiles are necessary.

Gravity bombs-glide bombs-MiniDroneSwarms: Slower targets need to be countered cheaply and with numbers. Rolling airframe missiles can be considered. These are small missiles having about 10km range. It is infrared and passive rf guided. Glide bombs dont have hot engines and they are smaller not reflecting back much for the rf seeker. Laser guidance can be added in my opinion for these types of threats.

Subsonic cruise missiles, supersonic agms: Around mach-3+ missiles like HQ-16 and future local variants would take care of such threats. For slower low alt-cruise missiles Anza- stinger vehicles with ir sensors qued by radar would be a cheaper alternative. HQ-9 and similar would do the protection from longer ranges for such threats.

Hypersonic cruise missiles: Around mach(8-10) missiles like Thaad would be necessary. It needs at least two stage missile to reach that speed or larger single stage missiles like those of S400. Several countries need to come up together like Turkey, Pakistan and Iran to jointly develop such a system within a short amount of time.

ICBM: Around mach-15+ three stage missile like SM-3 with a mini-nuclear warhead(Nasr) would be necessary for terminal defense. Several countries need to come together which must include a nuclear country like Pakistan to develop such a system. Russia has tested a similar system but it looks like a single stage larger missile PRS-1M (45T6) for their A-235 missile defense system.

May be they Are witnessing ly-80 but I will ask u a better question what are those Arabs doing there?
Timestamp? I can't seem to find what you are talking about.

Maybe they invited the Saudis to stay and watch exercise after ACES meet?

Last edited:
Timestamp? I can't seem to find what you are talking about.

i don't think they are qatari - but they are sitting beside other foreign dignitaries (chinese) and I haven't seen pakistanis wearing blue berets:

1617838480607.png

Announcement was made by paf former chief so what ever it is, is paf related and most probably paf air defense command which actually handles all air defense elements including army and navy assets
pak or paf air defense command is overall umbrella ☔ for all air defense assets, there is a c2 which integrates all assets even caa aor traffic radars and in the loop

Back
Top Bottom