What's new

PAF revamped Air Defense Alert System

Okay. Your the Pak COAS. PAF F-16 locks on US helicopter flying back to Afghanistan.

PAF F-16 pilot "Hello sir I have lock on. Do I have permission to fire missile"?

What do you do?
we havent reached that point..
for now PAF saw and heard nothing..

but what would you do with identified and un identified object

pass it by??
hope next time a heli comes and takes PM nawaz, PAF has lock and will ask what should we do
answer: its USA let it go..

i hope next time india does this..
who knows they might have already done surgical strikes
if we can be fooled once why not twice

Okay. Your the Pak COAS. PAF F-16 locks on US helicopter flying back to Afghanistan.

PAF F-16 pilot "Hello sir I have lock on. Do I have permission to fire missile"?

What do you do?
I will order them to land in my aerospace , same as China did with its event when a USA spy plane been detected flying in china's aerospace !
I could go for a , warning shots I'm sure that helos would have been landed back into pakistan .
when there is a will , then you can find always a way .
but when a traitor like kiyani was in charge of the country's security , he I'll go for money & deals cause , that's the drama which was played by WHITEHOUSE moral victory , which also brought , their loyal trusted old ageing agent like , OBL to bahamas, to live a free life .

http://nation.com.pk/23-May-2017/osama-bin-laden-is-still-alive-claims-snowden
for kiyani , it's the best time to make really good free money !

A number of TPS 43s were acquired per paf history 1999-2013 from Middle East users and either converted to spares or added to the sqns so tps-43 number might have gone up

43s were not acquired In 70s not that old but 80/90 era radar

The 60s model radar were decommissioned in 2010 ish time after 77 and ylc2 were acquired

The only thing left is anti ballistic missile/radar capability which Chinese demo part of Slc 7 radar eq of geeen pine plus a missile system
what about tps 77 ?

I will order them to land in my aerospace , same as China did with its event when a USA spy plane been detected flying in china's aerospace !
I could go for a , warning shots I'm sure that helos would have been landed back into pakistan .
when there is a will , then you can find always a way .
but when a traitor like kiyani was in charge of the country's security , he I'll go for money & deals cause , that's the drama which was played by WHITEHOUSE moral victory , which also brought , their loyal trusted old ageing agent like , OBL to bahamas, to live a free life .

http://nation.com.pk/23-May-2017/osama-bin-laden-is-still-alive-claims-snowden
for kiyani , it's the best time to make really good free money !

welcome back batmannow.

I don't agree to the Kiyani part, because technically air defense was responsibility of PAF chief or responsible regional commodore.
All what's leaked to public is that all radars were either switched off or non existent.

OBL no doubt was employee of CIA at some point, even used to receive salary.
Very surely, he was abducted from Tora Bora in initial days of Afghan bombing. They had to go after him as priority because in hands of Pakistani intel. he could have spilled lots of beans.

I also doubt he was given a free life, anywhere. I believe, he was kept alive in custody (anywhere) as long he lived his natural life. If CIA start giving free lives to its covert employees of Pakistani /Arab origins, than they would need cities to build.

welcome back batmannow.

I don't agree to the Kiyani part, because technically air defense was responsibility of PAF chief or responsible regional commodore.
All what's leaked to public is that all radars were either switched off or non existent.

OBL no doubt was employee of CIA at some point, even used to receive salary.
Very surely, he was abducted from Tora Bora in initial days of Afghan bombing. They had to go after him as priority because in hands of Pakistani intel. he could have spilled lots of beans.

I also doubt he was given a free life, anywhere. I believe, he was kept alive in custody (anywhere) as long he lived his natural life. If CIA start giving free lives to its covert employees of Pakistani /Arab origins, than they would need cities to build.
thanks bro ,
if u were ever being part of the PAK DEFENCE forces then you , should have known that COAS is the head of command of sea ; air ; & land engagements since decades , specially for any our side agression against pakistan , it will be COAS who will be followed not the air chief or a regional commander

we should have bought Pantsir S1 , as right now there is heavy tension between US and Pakistan.. Russians might agree to sell some Air defense Systems to Pakistan ..

Why not Pakistan works with Turkey or may on its own to create 3 Level of Air Defence systems:
Low-Level: with Short-Range Missiles & AAA Guns
Medium-Level: Missiles similar to LY-80 & Spada-2000
High-Level: Missiles similar to Thaad & S-400

I know, it's not so much easy - but I am 100% sure Pakistan can do this!

Something i came across while reading some material, Radars Vs Anti-Radiation Missiles and Radars Vs Stealth.

Bistatic and Multistatic Radars

Any radar, for example, a continuous wave radar, in which electrical isolation requires that the transmitting antenna be physically separate from the receiving antenna might be regarded as of bi-static type. Here, however, the only systems to be considered are those in which the transmitter and receiver are separated by appreciable distances.

This technique, hitherto hardly used, is presently being examined with renewed interest with a view to wider employment because of the spread of:
1. More and more effective radar jamming systems;
2. Anti-radiation missiles (ARMS);
3. Stealth aircraft.

When transmitter and receiver are far apart, a jamming signal must be radiated over a very broad angle in order to have a high probability of interfering with reception. However, in this way the jamming power actually radiated
toward the receiver is substantially reduced, which in turn reduces the effectiveness of the jamming.

The advantages of a bi-static radar network against ARMS may easily be inferred. The separation of transmitter and receiver leads to the establishment of radar networks consisting of M transmitters serving N receivers (N>M). These are multi-static radars. In these networks, the transmitters, widely spaced, may radiate sequentially, disorienting ARM receivers.

Separation between transmitter and receiver may be beneficial also for stealth aircraft detection. In fact, because these aircraft are capable of reducing their RCS mainly in the direction of arrival of the electromagnetic wave, if a stealth aircraft is illuminated from one direction, and the scattered radiation observed from another direction, the low visibility characteristic is substantially degraded.

Filippo Neri, Introduction to Electronic Defense Systems, Ch. 2, Pages 125-126

Something i came across while reading some material, Radars Vs Anti-Radiation Missiles and Radars Vs Stealth.

Bistatic and Multistatic Radars

Any radar, for example, a continuous wave radar, in which electrical isolation requires that the transmitting antenna be physically separate from the receiving antenna might be regarded as of bi-static type. Here, however, the only systems to be considered are those in which the transmitter and receiver are separated by appreciable distances.

This technique, hitherto hardly used, is presently being examined with renewed interest with a view to wider employment because of the spread of:
1. More and more effective radar jamming systems;
2. Anti-radiation missiles (ARMS);
3. Stealth aircraft.

When transmitter and receiver are far apart, a jamming signal must be radiated over a very broad angle in order to have a high probability of interfering with reception. However, in this way the jamming power actually radiated
toward the receiver is substantially reduced, which in turn reduces the effectiveness of the jamming.

The advantages of a bi-static radar network against ARMS may easily be inferred. The separation of transmitter and receiver leads to the establishment of radar networks consisting of M transmitters serving N receivers (N>M). These are multi-static radars. In these networks, the transmitters, widely spaced, may radiate sequentially, disorienting ARM receivers.

Separation between transmitter and receiver may be beneficial also for stealth aircraft detection. In fact, because these aircraft are capable of reducing their RCS mainly in the direction of arrival of the electromagnetic wave, if a stealth aircraft is illuminated from one direction, and the scattered radiation observed from another direction, the low visibility characteristic is substantially degraded.

Filippo Neri, Introduction to Electronic Defense Systems, Ch. 2, Pages 125-126

Although it improves jamming tolerance, it also reduces the signal strength at the receiver, and increases the complexity of correlating between transmitter and receiver. Not an insurmountable challenge, but a challenge nonetheless.

Why not Pakistan works with Turkey or may on its own to create 3 Level of Air Defence systems:
Low-Level: with Short-Range Missiles & AAA Guns
Medium-Level: Missiles similar to LY-80 & Spada-2000
High-Level: Missiles similar to Thaad & S-400

I know, it's not so much easy - but I am 100% sure Pakistan can do this!

Show me the money my friend. Pakistan is struggling with basic debt repayment, it at most can go for a cheap Chinese replacement.

So this new Ramp system uses both data link 16 and 17. And how much time is required to merge it and flow info to fighters.?

Back
Top Bottom