What's new

PAF revamped Air Defense Alert System

The official version during OBL operation was that Pak's entire Radar network was jammed.
radar were not jammed the reasons which were mention in Abbotabad inquiry commission are
upload_2017-11-22_11-36-51.png

upload_2017-11-22_11-40-41.png

upload_2017-11-22_11-45-23.png

we even picked US F-16s & AWACs inside Afghanistan
upload_2017-11-22_12-2-28.png

Turkey is about to acquire S400 and perhaps there are also local developing systems similar to Irans bavar373 not made public. Pakistan also possibly has low numbers of Chinese HQ-9 for nuclear installations and similar since those areas would be very unprotected against a sudden attack otherwise. What would be wrong is neglecting the sams in favor of airforce or vice versa. It would be like a boxer with good punches but its guard down. If for example some country claiming to be your friend and offered to provide aircraft in case of your imminent need but arguing that you allocating budget to high altitude sam systems would be a waste against you advised by your enemies then be sure that they dont have good intentions but to lag you behind and leave you open-vulnurable to others.

Spada sytem seems good to counter cruise missiles and low altitude targets including super sonic cruise missiles but I dont know if its engagement envelope fits to target brahmos though. It can track 12 targets which is suitable against a saturation attack. As I know previously more than a decade ago you started a2a missile development jointly with China for Sd10 missile. There were also a2g missile news (H2, H4) around that era developed by Pakistan based on a2a missile development. So Pakistan can develop this type of ground based amraam system.

For subsonic cruise missiles you have Hq-7 FM90. It has a cheap missile suitable for the task and is enough to protect mobile columns but to protect airbase or nuclear station from a saturation attack a system needs to be developed having a radar that targets and guides many missiles to multiple targets(10+) at the same time. The radar and guidance is difficult but missiles would be cheap in that case.

Hq 16 can provide medium range cover for all targets be it cruise missiles or aircraft but needs to be coupled with FM90 to protect better against anti radar missiles.

If you have good shorad you can compensate the lackings of a modernized older long range sam. So instead of copying S300 I will later make analysis about modernising longer range systems like S200 or Sa2 modernized versions

radar were not jammed the reasons which were mention in Abbotabad inquiry commission are
View attachment 438499
View attachment 438500
View attachment 438501

View attachment 438502
Sir nice supporting evidence given by u however now PAF and PA air defense command should learn and hope that they must have deployed Radars to surprise NATO in future. The other point is we should deploy Chinese radars towards Afghan side to minimize chances of easy jamming.

Turkey is about to acquire S400 and perhaps there are also local developing systems similar to Irans bavar373 not made public. Pakistan also possibly has low numbers of Chinese HQ-9 for nuclear installations and similar since those areas would be very unprotected against a sudden attack otherwise. What would be wrong is neglecting the sams in favor of airforce or vice versa. It would be like a boxer with good punches but its guard down. If for example some country claiming to be your friend and offered to provide aircraft in case of your imminent need but arguing that you allocating budget to high altitude sam systems would be a waste against you advised by your enemies then be sure that they dont have good intentions but to lag you behind and leave you open-vulnurable to others.

Spada sytem seems good to counter cruise missiles and low altitude targets including super sonic cruise missiles but I dont know if its engagement envelope fits to target brahmos though. It can track 12 targets which is suitable against a saturation attack. As I know previously more than a decade ago you started a2a missile development jointly with China for Sd10 missile. There were also a2g missile news (H2, H4) around that era developed by Pakistan based on a2a missile development. So Pakistan can develop this type of ground based amraam system.

For subsonic cruise missiles you have Hq-7 FM90. It has a cheap missile suitable for the task and is enough to protect mobile columns but to protect airbase or nuclear station from a saturation attack a system needs to be developed having a radar that targets and guides many missiles to multiple targets(10+) at the same time. The radar and guidance is difficult but missiles would be cheap in that case.

Hq 16 can provide medium range cover for all targets be it cruise missiles or aircraft but needs to be coupled with FM90 to protect better against anti radar missiles.

If you have good shorad you can compensate the lackings of a modernized older long range sam. So instead of copying S300 I will later make analysis about modernising longer range systems like S200 or Sa2 modernized versions

Sir newly acquired LY80 from China perhaps better medium range SAM then Spada. On other hand I doubt that SD10 has any input from Pak, and no official version still available about HQ9 acquisition in past. Further KRL is just few minutes away from Indian occupied Kashmir so I humbly think that LY 80 and SPADA deployed on hilly area along with probable HQ2b still effective enough to counter any IAF/Missile threat.

HQ9 shall be more effective to safeguard overall Islamabad and our Karachi/Gawadar ports from saturated CM/BM attacks by enemy if acquired.

Sir newly acquired LY80 from China perhaps better medium range SAM then Spada. On other hand I doubt that SD10 has any input from Pak, and no official version still available about HQ9 acquisition in past. Further KRL is just few minutes away from Indian occupied Kashmir so I humbly think that LY 80 and SPADA deployed on hilly area along with probable HQ2b still effective enough to counter any IAF/Missile threat.

HQ9 shall be more effective to safeguard overall Islamabad and our Karachi/Gawadar ports from saturated CM/BM attacks by enemy if acquired.

You are right LY80 has more altitude and range than Spada but what I am talking about is indigeneous capability specifically for shorads which is easier to build than a missile like LY80-Buk. For shorad though Spada can take care of many kind of threats but ofcourse vulnurable from higher altitudes unlike LY80 which can reach higher and further. However as I know in the past Pakistan had some kind of assistance with China in SD-10 a2a missile development. There were also reports of air launched missiles like H2 and H4 mentioned as steps acquiring bvr. If you have some background research with a2a missiles then developing that kind of low altitude system would be easier and sufficient against cruise missiles, low flying targets. Ofcourse investing on LY-80 and getting indigeneous capability of building a similar system would be another option.

We need more Air Defense systems Army has already revealed that we are interested in getting S-400 and PANTSIR and IGLA S Manpad but we should also consider a system from Europe. We need to Multi Layer Air Defense systems to keep our Air Space safe and secure

We need more Air Defense systems Army has already revealed that we are interested in getting S-400 and PANTSIR and IGLA S Manpad but we should also consider a system from Europe. We need to Multi Layer Air Defense systems to keep our Air Space safe and secure
Yes and some layers of it like shorad can be managed indigeneously in a cost effective manner by local research at least in parallel to procuring the weapons from abroad. This would reduce dependence to foreign sources and in the long run most layers can be managed independantly.

I guess total stands something like:
6 TPS-77
5 YLC-2
6 TPS-43 (Acquired in 70s/80s)

10 YLC-6
45 MPDR-45/60/90
6 L-88 V3 Aerostat / TARS (Unconfirmed, but great addition to low level capability; with ability to operate at 25K Ft and range of 400Km)

https://defence.pk/pdf/threads/pakistan-plugging-the-gaps.9109/

--

http://www.radartutorial.eu/19.kartei/02.surv/karte032.en.html

A number of TPS 43s were acquired per paf history 1999-2013 from Middle East users and either converted to spares or added to the sqns so tps-43 number might have gone up

43s were not acquired In 70s not that old but 80/90 era radar

The 60s model radar were decommissioned in 2010 ish time after 77 and ylc2 were acquired

The only thing left is anti ballistic missile/radar capability which Chinese demo part of Slc 7 radar eq of geeen pine plus a missile system

Last edited:
A number of TPS 43s were acquired per paf history 1999-2013 from Middle East users and either converted to spares or added to the sqns so tps-43 number might have gone up

43s were not acquired In 70s not that old but 80/90 era radar

The 60s model radar were decommissioned in 2010 ish time after 77 and ylc2 were acquired

The only thing left is anti ballistic missile/radar capability which Chinese demo part of Slc 7 radar eq of geeen pine plus a missile system
6 - 8 tps43G are there the first example was acquired in 80's as u said and for the rest of part u r right also.

View attachment 438499
View attachment 438500
View attachment 438501

View attachment 438502
so basically Abbott abad military base is not under any radar protection, a helicopter can come do whatever, leave and nobody will notice, infact, even though people heard helicopters noise flying(per eye witnesses) but some how military didnt heard them(even though they were just miles away) as they were some how made deaf by new technology

than helicopter slowly flied away in another 2-3 hours(time taken for them to leave our area) but some how super sonic jet were too slow to catch them

and damn the SAAB AWECs was completely waste of time
i hope next time someone comes to islamabad, as islamabad is just 30 miles from abbotabad

Back
Top Bottom