What's new

PAF participates in "Red Flag" and "Green Flag"

Alright my friends. Are you guys ready for something funny and interesting?

Go here. This is the URL for Nellis' Red Flag operations.

Once there, click on Pakistan Air Force in the participants list. Then take a guess where that URL takes you..;) http://www.defence.pk/pakistan-air-force/

Enjoy and congrats to this site for being selected by Nellis AFB/Red Flag for the introduction to PAF.:tup::pdf::tup:

Unfortunately the article they link to is a poorly written one.

Last edited:
Alright my friends. Are you guys ready for something funny and interesting?

Go here. This is the URL for Nellis' Red Flag operations.

Once there, click on Pakistan Air Force in the participants list. Then take a guess where that URL takes you..;) Pakistan Air Force : Pakistan Defence

Enjoy and congrats to this site for being selected by Nellis AFB/Red Flag for the introduction to PAF.:tup::pdf::tup:

Unfortunately the article they link to is a poorly written one.

So I guess the U.S. government/military and Pak Air Force knows about PDF. :cheers:

FM sahib, I think Chogy's question is specific to CAO profile. For that PAF will probably simulate AIM-120s (2?) and AIM-9L/Ms (2?) given that these are the AAMs we would have in our inventory.

Yes, thank you, I was wondering if they were going to simulate the AIM-120, if the software in these particular F-16B's is set up for it. Unless they are 100% set up and compatible with the AIM-120, they won't properly interface with ACMI and the rest of the range system.

I'm guessing they will always fly with captive AIM-9M, regardless of the mission.

Yes, thank you, I was wondering if they were going to simulate the AIM-120, if the software in these particular F-16B's is set up for it. Unless they are 100% set up and compatible with the AIM-120, they won't properly interface with ACMI and the rest of the range system.

I'm guessing they will always fly with captive AIM-9M, regardless of the mission.

I think even if the aircraft are not upgraded for AIM-120s, I would think PAF could still call Fox3 shots on the basis of pre-agreed upon rules (similar to how the IAF was allowed R-77 shots without having their BVR releases linked through any sort of instrumentation on their MKIs). I think on such occasions, if certain agreed upon parameters are met then the BVR shot is accepted. I would think given how we have conducted exercises in the past with the USAF, it would be similar.

FM sahib, I think Chogy's question is specific to CAO profile. For that PAF will probably simulate AIM-120s (2?) and AIM-9L/Ms (2?) given that these are the AAMs we would have in our inventory.

i was thinking the same but then what does an army guy know abt counter-air-ops!:cheers:

PAF F-16s enroute to Red Flag

just a simple question to ask, when were our F-16B's were modified with refueling probes?

the plumbing was always there in the original 40 a/c but never activated - my info is that the 14 a/c delivered between 06-08 had the refueling probes active (as they were being used by the USAF).

PAF used to simulate AMRAAM in their CCS course, only on F-16s. Don't know if they still do.

PAF used to simulate AMRAAM in their CCS course, only on F-16s. Don't know if they still do.

they still do! infact they used to learn evasive actions from an enemy BVR shot!! so yes our pilots are pretty skilled at evasive techniques of BVR what they now need is the actual use of BVRs to level the playing field which is heavily tipped against them! :cheers:

Aren't these F-16Bs from the 14 EDA ones that we received during 2006-08 and are Block-15OCUs? These fighters have upgraded engines, radar & better avionics as compared to the Block-15s from our original 40. As per F-16.Net (http://www.f-16.net/f-16_versions_article3.html) these are already AMRAAM enabled.

So simulating AMRAAMs shouldn't be an issue I should think.

they still do! infact they used to learn evasive actions from an enemy BVR shot!! so yes our pilots are pretty skilled at evasive techniques of BVR what they now need is the actual use of BVRs to level the playing field which is heavily tipped against them! :cheers:

PAF has been using BVR tactics for years, since the F-16s arrived in 80s, they have been learning how to use the AIM-7 Sparrow. The AIM-210 was added later to the CCS course.

Back
Top Bottom