What's new

PAF ordered to shoot down US drones invading Pakistani airspace: Air Chief Sohail Aman

F22 detection is no real problem.
1) No doubt we have good ground intel. We will likely know of sorties take off PDQ.
2) F22 is only stealthy in the S and X Bands. Pretty detectable in HF and VHF bands. And we do have Chinese HF and VHD RADARs.

Of course the problem is that HF and VHF RADARs are

a) More easily jammed
b) Only good for tracking

The capability of shooting down a drone has been discussed and disclosed much earlier.
A first air to air drone kill was achieved by the PAF when one of it's F-16 shot down an Indian drone of Israeli origins in the middle of night, as far back as in 2002, as for shooting down American drones, it needs to be a political decision.

''Hypothetically speaking, could the Pakistani state shoot down a drone? Certainly. There’s little doubt Pakistan’s military boasts the capacity. According to one expert, slow speeds, easy detectability, and lack of maneuverability make drones “child’s play for a Pakistani Air Force pilot.” American drones have been shot down before; Serbians did so in 1999, and Iraqis in 2002 (Iran says it downed one in 2011, a claim disputed by Washington).''

Does it really happen in your airbases?

for those who think Pakistan doesn't have balls they should ask Soviet Union, another super power of that time with over 100000 soldiers in Afghanistan.
government doesnt

They all know every thing from top to bottom. From DC to Kabul.
The most important Question here is not what American generals are saying but the question is Why is America sitting in Afghanistan? What is the reason? What is the objective?
opium, spying and keeping China in check

But they are doing this since long, they woke up too late. Old habits don't go too easily, i must say take this statement with pinch of salt and wait for another drone strike.
I believe media miss-quoted him, probably he wants to say that PAF has the capability to shot down drones upon orders of Govt.

I already described two scenarios w.r.t. allowed strike and violating air space. Rest about ACM quote, is more of a message conveyed and after this, I will see foreign office discussing the matter which comes first than action by PAF hence, purpose served.

The capability of shooting down a drone has been discussed and disclosed much earlier.
A first air to air drone kill was achieved by the PAF when one of it's F-16 shot down an Indian drone of Israeli origins in the middle of night, as far back as in 2002, as for shooting down American drones, it needs to be a political decision.

''Hypothetically speaking, could the Pakistani state shoot down a drone? Certainly. There’s little doubt Pakistan’s military boasts the capacity. According to one expert, slow speeds, easy detectability, and lack of maneuverability make drones “child’s play for a Pakistani Air Force pilot.” American drones have been shot down before; Serbians did so in 1999, and Iraqis in 2002 (Iran says it downed one in 2011, a claim disputed by Washington).''
Since you know people at higher ups, can you ask anyone what led to ACM make such a statement and also whether the statement is quoted in its true spirit and not out of context by the media?

I think some days back @Khafee made a comment about raptors inability to cross Pakistan undetected due to some passive radar system. Is it true?

Hi why we all are discussing about f22 & f35 kind of thing in Pakistani airspace hopefully if they want to waste any they will use them for bigger role in case of full scale war kind of thing on Pakistan which I doubt until unless
1- neutralise all our air and nuclear assets
2- not possible until now
3- take direct commotion with china and to some extent Russia
4- or doubtful over run by Indian army from east flank
So sane memebers shouldn’t discuss stealth in this game
Now what Americans can do and they are doing to some extent
1- more terrorism
2- more attack’s on armed forces
3- May be a well known figure been taken out by terrorism
4- cross border more attacks & other arm twisting techniques
Which we all know one way or the other
Hopefully other learned members will put there inputs with some more informatic

I think after Trump's new strategy & after 2 high level visits they failed to convince us to side with them as we know it will be a failure.

We have changed our policies & will not follow US interests until they match with us.

Drones can be shot down fairly easily. But I think from now on they will fire from Afghan airspace.

PAF will apply the same strict engagement policy as used during the Soviet-Afghan war, i.e., the debris must fall inside Pakistan.

A policy decision has been made & Air Chief has given public warning specially after CIA chief's comments. Civilian Govt. doesn't have the power to make such decisions.

About F-22s first there aren't many to deploy in Afghan theater as well & if they do then we will know as the only way they can reach there is thru our airspace & then we will have eyes on them whenever they take-off from Bagram. They will not waist them here.

They don't want escalate tensions with us & open another front to which they cannot resupply without us.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom