What's new

PAF JF-17 Thunder along F-16 to participate in Izmir Air Show in Turkey

US F-16 Photoshopped to Pakistani F-16 :drag:

f16pakistan.jpg

No its not a problem, the 'bubble canopy' gives extra advantage to the F16 pilot, but has few disadvantages too...dis-orientation is one of them. In the first 15yrs of F16, 58% mishaps and pilot related accidents were because of disorientation....PAF wants to have safe track record of JF17...the present design is just a start, who knows whats coming ahead in 15-20 yrs.

Not to mention extra drag and RCS addition. Visibility may be less than F-16 but more and more sensors going in and advancing Cockpit should compensate for more than enough

The same canarded jet patch has been seen on the uniform of 2 pilots...... This guy and Flt Lt Khalid......... Mind telling me why they are using this patch while others are not................Also i think it was confirmed my Nabil and Eagle Hanan tht PAF was indeed testing and giving their input into the FC-20 prog!

F/L Khalid or W/C Khalid? It was an exchanged patch with Chinese friends, if you go through previous pages of this thread i have posted a picture of S/L Suleman he was wearing no patch in the picture taken at Izmir, the photographer told me that he watched him giving them to Turks.

As far as J10 is concerned, the input can be in form of few PAF engineers working on the project, just to gain and share some knowledge to the a/c.

There are rumors about a PAF pilot(not to be named), who has flown J10...but its not confirmed yet.

i have been hearing about J10 deal since early 2007, induction of J10 is related with IAF's MMRCA's induction...we will definitely get it before them, but still there is a lot of time left....till then lets wait and see this a/c becoming mature!

F/L Khalid or W/C Khalid? It was an exchanged patch with Chinese friends, if you go through previous pages of this thread i have posted a picture of S/L Suleman he was wearing no patch in the picture taken at Izmir, the photographer told me that he watched him giving them to Turks.

As far as J10 is concerned, the input can be in form of few PAF engineers working on the project, just to gain and share some knowledge to the a/c.

There are rumors about a PAF pilot(not to be named), who has flown J10...but its not confirmed yet.

i have been hearing about J10 deal since early 2007, induction of J10 is related with IAF's MMRCA's induction...we will definitely get it before them, but still there is a lot of time left....till then lets wait and see this a/c becoming mature!

In fact, in Musharraf's regime PAF pilot(s) did fly J-10A (though CAC was initially reluctant due to new platform) it was after evaluation, that they recommended J-10. I am not sure about J-10B though

In fact, in Musharraf's regime PAF pilot(s) did fly J-10A (though CAC was initially reluctant due to new platform) it was after evaluation, that they recommended J-10. I am not sure about J-10B though

Don't know much, i heard some similar rumors can't write much...If true they must have flown few mission as GIBS. Their recommendations is the reason why PAF is heading further in the program, on the other hand PAF's current modernization structure is too much messed up....They never had so much programs running in parallel at the same time than are today, funds are distributed too...so in current scenario their is no place of J10s induction.

PAF was eager to retire A-5, not only because it was ageing...they want to allot those funds to other on going projects. During the last six months of the a/c No.16 Sqn was flying as 16Sqn-A and 16Sqn-B name, along with 12 FT6s...the strength was increased to make sure current A5s fly without maintenance related problems.

Back
Top Bottom