What's new

PAF JF-17 Thunder along F-16 to participate in Izmir Air Show in Turkey

Did any one noticed the STUPID media of Pakistan !
NO news, NO coverage, NO special report even for a single minute, i guess.

:pakistan:

Wing Commander Ali Naeem, Officer Commanding 11 Squadron 'Arrows' performs in an F-16 Fighting Falcons at 100 Years Celebration Airshow of Turkish Air Force in Izmir on 4th June 2011.

Wg Cdr Khalid Mehmood in JF-17 at 100 Years Celebration of Turkish Air Force - 4th June 2011

Last edited by a moderator:
Did any one noticed the STUPID media of Pakistan !
NO news, NO coverage, NO special report even for a single minute, i guess.

Come on, now - it's not like the armed forces have a good relationship with Pakistani media and anyway, where was ISPR?? Making serials no one will see??

one question,
whay on earth we never take the JFT armed to uch shows.
this surely is a strength demonstrator and will help improve image of the plane in international market.

the JFT are always presented unarmed and look more like a platfor to show stunts rather then a fighter jet.

any thoughts?

arsalan aslam

one question,
whay on earth we never take the JFT armed to uch shows.
this surely is a strength demonstrator and will help improve image of the plane in international market.

the JFT are always presented unarmed and look more like a platfor to show stunts rather then a fighter jet.

any thoughts?

arsalan aslam

Oh bhai,

JFT was armed while on static display at the Farnborough air show. However, you don't put weapons on during airshow.....that way the plane doesn't have to undergo the tough structural loads while flying close to sea level where air is more dense. But i doubt if they will every let any plane fly above civilians with armed and live missiles.

Having a plane armed doesn't mean it's showing it's strenght...you can't fire the missiles anyway........

Oh bhai,

JFT was armed while on static display at the Farnborough air show. However, you don't put weapons on during airshow.....that way the plane doesn't have to undergo the tough structural loads while flying close to sea level where air is more dense. But i doubt if they will every let any plane fly above civilians with armed and live missiles.

Having a plane armed doesn't mean it's showing it's strenght...you can't fire the missiles anyway........
Fully agreed but one slight correction. A Typhoon flew fully armed at Farnborough 2010 to show its prowess as a fully loaded plane.
Araz

Fully agreed but one slight correction. A Typhoon flew fully armed at Farnborough 2010 to show its prowess as a fully loaded plane.
Araz

The SH flies at airshows with two 500 kg JDAMS, two Amraams.. and two aim-9's.. to show that it can do all it can under a war load.. that is showing the jets true potential.

Araz

Yes sir......but JF-17 was there to celebrate with Turkish brothers the 100 years of TUAF. If they wanted to show off Thunder's capabilities they would fly fully armed.....even though with dummies. I mean for F-16s PAF used the smoke dispenser sidewinder on wing tips, for JF-17 they didn't use any. The sole purpose was to do an air show and i think it did that pretty well. If you see the Russians pulling off those stunts like Cobra etc....they are unarmed too.

What Wg Cdr Ronald is showing here:

to an airforce with about 350 21s and 27s, is basically, never get into a turning fight with the Thunder.

Awesome performance by Wg Cdr Ronald. Best part is that one of my most favorite song dil dil Pakistan is being played during the performance. Cool:tup:

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh bhai,

brother i am not talking about static dispaly! i am talking about the flight demonstration.
as for the reason why its not done, i dont agree.

Sir Azar in above post have mentioned the Typhoons, Santro have mentioned the SH.

evnt the PAF F-16 carried smoke dispensers,
it no point that since the show was in a friendly country and for celebration so we put the pride of our airforce unarmed.

i was hoping to see at least some dummies arming the JFT. i think a fighter et looks like one with the gear on!

some video captured images by fightingfalcon16
izmir_june4_006-2.jpg

izmir_june5_002.jpg

izmir_june5_019.jpg

izmir_june5_009.jpg

izmir_june5_012.jpg

izmir_june5_020.jpg

izmir_june5_021.jpg

Back
Top Bottom