What's new

PAF JF-17 Thunder along F-16 to participate in Izmir Air Show in Turkey

Turkey is more like a brother Nation for us. I am sure they wont do it, espicially after the two Nation are trying to get together.

No one is brother and sister in these days, everyone is "yea sheik apni apni deik" concept. Let see..........

Turkey is more like a brother Nation for us. I am sure they wont do it, espicially after the two Nation are trying to get together.

Yes.. France never stopped us from coming. it was cancelled by our own government due to security threats and prevailing situation.

JFT's demo being cancelled at the last minute may have something to do with India's Rafale buy. We don't have all the facts and there's clearly alot more to it than what's publically known.

France is making a huge push though, desperate to sell their Rafales to India - no-one else seems keen on buying them and they are desperate.

India previously used their influence with the French to have the French avionics package deal put on the backburner - would likely come back on the forefront if India goes for the Eurofighter. The French defence minister's desperation to appease India was visible when he was going on about how France won't entertain requests for "heavy equipment", from Pakistan.

Perhaps Pakistan decided it wasn't going to put up with this, and withdrew the JFT from the Paris expo. Or perhaps the French did something to hinder the JFT demo, to appease India yet further.

Whatever the case, it might be better for us in the long run. France is not a dependable partner, and having a large JFT fleet equipped with their avionics could have caused numerous headaches later. We have already experienced sanctions and problems before, and that painful experience helped us change for the better.

5795300261_d2d344c313_b_d.jpg

For higher resolution version click here.

Pakistani built and customized JFTs will be the best option for the medium and long term. Pakistan should not rely or trust anything else.

Yea and on last min It will also be ban from Airshow again! so much BS...

It seems you've decided an airforce takes its decisions on whim? The Bourget showing has probably been canceled because of France putting the delivery of already-paid-for equipment on hold to help get its fighter to win the Indian competition. Has Turkey done any move to aggravate our military?

It seems you've decided an airforce takes its decisions on whim? The Bourget showing has probably been canceled because of France putting the delivery of already-paid-for equipment on hold to help get its fighter to win the Indian competition. Has Turkey done any move to aggravate our military?

I don't think that there is any current deal in progress between Pakistan and Turkey.
but the long term friendship would be helpful if Pakistan need Turkey's help in the future.

did jf-17 performed . . . ?

if . . . . yes than i missed it ....................................................................

---------- Post added at 05:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:50 PM ----------

TUAF f16 performance is on right now . . . .

Back
Top Bottom