What's new

PAF JF-17 Thunder along F-16 to participate in Izmir Air Show in Turkey

_MG_7034.jpg

IMG_0742.jpg

my favourites:)

housangai , bro share some pics in the chinese site aswell! ive seen your video updates there , great job!

S/L Suleman was standby pilot in Izmir & Zhuhai airshow, W/C Ronald& W/C Khalid flew in Izmir.

izmir_27.jpg

izmir_29.jpg

izmir_28.jpg

izmir_30.jpg

No need to make such comments.
What was said is true there is smoke . No need to get upset

there is smoke emitting from F-16s also. whats your point. smoke emits from all engines.

Just a comparison of aerobatics.

Pakistan Air Force Air Show china 2010

JF-17 Thunder Performing In Izmir Air Show,Turkey

J-10 the first day of the air show
Check at 1:16 - 1:21

F-22 Raptor (HD) - Quonset Pt. Air Show 2009
Check at 1:14 – 1:20

Last edited by a moderator:
OC 11 Sqn W/C Ali Naeem waving Turk flag after performing on last day. Ali has recently surpassed 2000hrs in F16.

izmir_34.jpg

hello mr DV, but i fail to understand even jf-17 cant be sold whats the point of attending each and every airshow and what do we get

from it except for PAF publivity??

U571, first of all right now we need JF-17s in good numbers to replace F7s/Mirages. We will be able to sell Thunders by 2014/15, by that time we need good reputation of this fighter (esp in international events). Induction in operational squadrons is one example. Operational duties will give PAC an edge while selling a/c...The more years of its operational experience, the lesser will be the doubts in buyers mind...secondly the more flying it will have in the mean time, the more
T&E will be done, hence less errors.

hwhen we cant defend our country soverignty, how shamelessly it is going on, the pblicity of our so called military??, same wastage of

money

and whats the need of time dear, please explain explain paying heavy money for fuels and heavy money to enter the airshow, shipping charges, useless extra

maintainance, extra pilots, crew expenses etc..

our planes are needed to get down the drones which are killing innocent pakistanis and not to do aerobatics to entertain people???

Making conclusion(s) from one incident is really not a professional approach... We unfortunately only discuss the military concept of sovereignty...IMO its the economic sovereignty that really matters...do we have it? aren't we begging IMF/World bank since decades? how can we become sovereign when we are too dependent on others? You know where is all of our foreign reserves stored?

As far as you 'wastage of money' point is considered...its totally ridiculous to say so, sending a/c to Izmir was a good will gesture from Pakistan. Infact it was a debt which we payed. On our 50yrs(1997), 4 TuAF arrived (performed at Chaklala and Faisal same day)...After all there is no value of money in friendship!

because if India is interested in Rafael . . . . .

than its not good to send JFT there they can learn about the RCS of the aircraft. detection range by Rafael radar and other things . . .

and french are hungry for the Rafael orders, and they can do any thing and get down to any level for this . . . . .

so in my point of view its better to not to send JFT there . . . .

Q 13: What are the differences in training methodologies between the PAF and TuAF?

A: There are substantial differences. TuAF follows the US and NATO training methodologies where everything is written down and you have to follow set procedures. This is not necessarily bad because these procedures are based on experience. They learnt this after their experience in air-to-air combat in Vietnam. However, the downside is that you tend to get bogged down into following procedures and you become predictable. In the PAF, pilots are given more freedom to come up with their own solutions. Our training approach is more similar to the Israelis than NATO. We do more “seat of the pants” type of flying and are required to be more creative.

PAF Falcons - PAF s' Specials - Pakistan Air Force Viper Pilot

;)

Now my question is serious one . . . .

will we have mock fight between PAK JFT and TURKISH F-16 . . . . . . . ????

it will be fun and real test of THUNDER capabilities . . . .

if i was in charge of the whole program, i must have gone for that, as we already there . . . . . so no extra cost will be incurred and we will know about the weakness and plus points of THUNDER

now senior members, do u have any clue about that, Is it just an air show or there is something else also going on . . . . . :devil:

if :tup: than :chilli:

Now my question is serious one . . . .

will we have mock fight between PAK JFT and TURKISH F-16 . . . . . . . ????

it will be fun and real test of THUNDER capabilities . . . .

if i was in charge of the whole program, i must have gone for that, as we already there . . . . . so no extra cost will be incurred and we will know about the weakness and plus points of THUNDER

now senior members, do u have any clue about that, Is it just an air show or there is something else also going on . . . . . :devil:

if :tup: than :chilli:

we can do that in our own country too cause we have F-16's too:agree:

scaled.php

Wg Cdr Ronald gets ready to step into the JF-17 for his display before a crowd of around 100,000

After comments by some members about the JFT's performance I hope Wg Cdr Ronald should visit this forum.:D

Back
Top Bottom