What's new

PAF JF-17 in Farnborough Air Show 2010

2-3 more airshows to come in this year!
and thunder will be flying!!!

2ms3si8.jpg

like the 'sleek' features of this a/c!!!;)

Fatman,

any chance of thunder's fuselage getting as "sleek" a polishing treatment as this old rider ?

The JF-17 pilot in this pic is Wing Cdr Khalid M.

And look at Nawaz Sharif, instead of listening to the pilot briefing about the aircraft (of which he knows nothing about) he is more interested on whose taking his picture or looking at him sitting in there! What a dick!
Indeed you're correct but not maybe looking outside for pictures....you should appreciate the fact that at least he went over there...no one else showed up.....I would put a humble request to please refrain from such comments about our leaders (whether zardari, rehman or whosoever)....
hasnain0099-albums-my-personal-picture3081-ns-paf.jpg

Big money deals signed as Farnborough International Airshow gets underway with Boeing 787 'Dreamliner' taking the spotlight. .

Last edited by a moderator:
Flightglobal in partnership with FLIR Systems brings you a recording of the flying display from day one of the Farnborough 2010 airshow. Our unique camera films in regular display as well as infrared. Included in this clip is the A400M, A380, F-16, F-22, Typhoon, The Blades, and the Sukhoi Superjet.

Runway Girl Mary Kirby visits the Eurofighter Typhoon @ Farnborough 2010

Indeed you're correct but not maybe looking outside for pictures....you should appreciate the fact that at least he went over there...no one else showed up.....I would put a humble request to please refrain from such comments about our leaders (whether zardari, rehman or whosoever)....
hasnain0099-albums-my-personal-picture3081-ns-paf.jpg

Thanks for your view Sonny Boy!! No one else showed up because the decision to have the JF-17's at the show was made last minute. Nawaz Sharif did not come to London for JF-17's, he came here to visit his family, enjoy the good weather and ensure that his high-end properties are doing well. Visit to Farnbourough was suggested to him by one of his local party-wala to score any puny political points over the other party!

But I have lived long enough to call a dick when I see one may it be Zardari or Nawaz Sharif!

The JF-17 pilot in this pic is Wing Cdr Khalid M.

And look at Nawaz Sharif, instead of listening to the pilot briefing about the aircraft (of which he knows nothing about) he is more interested on whose taking his picture or looking at him sitting in there! What a dick!

he shouldnt have been allowed inside
that paper tiger supports taliban as a matter of his party policy and considers them as his brothers
the borthers who are responsible of kidnapping and killing thousands of civilans & members of armed forces

Chill guys.

JF-17 looks good. Hope Pakistan can get some customers for the plane soon.

A few pics of Farnborough 2010 - 24th July by a long time reader, first time poster.

I had the privilege of actually visiting the air show today. It was good to see our JF-17's lined. Here are a few Q/A I had with the pilots, ground staff:

Q: Where have these planes come from?
A: No. 26 Squadron (Black Spiders) based in Kamrah.

Q: Where did you stop over?
A: Suadi Arabia, Turkey, Italy (Cyprus?) ...

Q: Can this do BVR?
A: Yep, BVR, Air-to-sea and AA. It is a very versatile little plane.

Q: Now the big question, you've got two of these here .. why aren't you flying?
A: We didn't get enough time to prepare. This would have been JF-17's first international public show and we couldn't afford to go out without being prepared. It would have hurt JF-17's image and also the commercial prospects. We are flying soon inshAllah in China (November) but if you really want to see us fly, we are departing on Tuesday, come and see us take to the skies :) (Not exact word to word quotes, this is the summary of the discussions I had with the pilot)

Now my favourite ...

Q: Can it take on Sukhoi 27's?
A: Why not .... ?!

When he said that, he had no fear in his eyes, confidence in his stance and so much power in his voice that I felt like he can easily put down 20 sukhoi's with only one shot off his JF-17.

I had me head held up high due the to the presence of the planes, after this reply, I had my head held up even higher because of that PAF pilot.

Gallery link - [EDIT] It won't let me put a flickr gallery link :( help?

Which of the two pilots you talk with? I am asking because one of them I know personally. --- (How to delete this post? I have to post it again because for some reason it was not showing the original post in qoutes.)

Which of the two pilots you talk with? I am asking because one of them I know personally.

A few pics of Farnborough 2010 - 24th July by a long time reader, first time poster.

I had the privilege of actually visiting the air show today. It was good to see our JF-17's lined. Here are a few Q/A I had with the pilots, ground staff:

Q: Where have these planes come from?
A: No. 26 Squadron (Black Spiders) based in Kamrah.

Q: Where did you stop over?
A: Suadi Arabia, Turkey, Italy (Cyprus?) ...

Q: Can this do BVR?
A: Yep, BVR, Air-to-sea and AA. It is a very versatile little plane.

Q: Now the big question, you've got two of these here .. why aren't you flying?
A: We didn't get enough time to prepare. This would have been JF-17's first international public show and we couldn't afford to go out without being prepared. It would have hurt JF-17's image and also the commercial prospects. We are flying soon inshAllah in China (November) but if you really want to see us fly, we are departing on Tuesday, come and see us take to the skies :) (Not exact word to word quotes, this is the summary of the discussions I had with the pilot)

Now my favourite ...

Q: Can it take on Sukhoi 27's?
A: Why not .... ?!

When he said that, he had no fear in his eyes, confidence in his stance and so much power in his voice that I felt like he can easily put down 20 sukhoi's with only one shot off his JF-17.

I had me head held up high due the to the presence of the planes, after this reply, I had my head held up even higher because of that PAF pilot.

Gallery link - [EDIT] It won't let me put a flickr gallery link :( help?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom