What's new

PAF JF-17 in Farnborough Air Show 2010

On it's way to FIA, JFT was inspected by Turks and Saudis and Saudis were damn impressed ! Saudi base commander sat in the cockpit and appreciated its man-machine interface. :)

The day we will sell anything to them will be the day we will stand-half. Saudis are spending billions and all on Western Tech. Its not that they wouldn't want to give this money to Pakistan but the matter of fact is that we haven't proven ourself to the levels at which they trust American equipment. I WISH JFT and AlKhalid would also make its way to Arab Deserts someday and would get honor to defend Haram and Madina-tu-Nabi on behalf of Pakistan. Such a day it would be!

I think sales with Saudi Arabia has to do more with stabel political situation of Pakistan and trust on political leadership.

To be honest i'm quite scared with egyptian deal.... they don't have good reputition.
I have over looked some bussines deals with Egyptian customers and they always tried to get extra and some times in unfair way.

They also have foreign agents within their circles..... in abundance.

BTW... I have met full F-16 squarden pilots from greece in Egypt, that was perhaps 3 years ago!!!!

Last edited:
Arab states like fancy and ultra expensive gadgets and i do not see them getting any JFTs for years to come but my point is, at least it made a great impression while en-route to FIA.

ACM went there personally for a big reason as many delegates and personnel discussed various matters concerning JFT and were willing to see a demo this or next year. It also stole its share of light from Gripen to some extent as it offers similar capability at a fraction of cost, something the Saab official could not justify :P

It also stole its share of light from Gripen to some extent as it offers similar capability at a fraction of cost, something the Saab official could not justify :P

I am still waiting for when you will backup your claim.
how is JF equal to or better than Grippen NG, by design or by build ?

Sure even the best sales people get a blank moment every once in a while; but when it comes to engineering I still maintain that Grippen is a far better machine; it's design and production qualities are not matchable by JF-17.

I remember nabil_05 compared JFT to gripen c/d not NG.
see below
F-16
Crew: 1
Length: 49 ft 5 in
Wingspan: 32 ft 8 in
Height: 16 ft
Wing area: 300 ft²

JFT
Length: 45.9 ft
Wingspan: 31 ft
Height: 15 ft 8 in
Wing area: 263 ft²

If PAF wanted, Thunder could have been of the same structural size that of say F-16A and possibly % of design. Compare gripen with JFT its slightly large. I'm sure you are impressed with its canopy, i am curious to why you dislike/reject JFT's design against gripen. I see Thunder's design to be equally superior, aren't you happy at Pakistan following the american way of designs, that have proven lethal.
Prototype JF-17/FC-1 (and you've seen latest ones on here too)
FC-1+Fierce+Dragon+%28+China+-+Pakistan+%29+2.jpg

gripen
AIR_JAS-39_Gripen_Top_Smokewinders_lg.jpg

Last edited:
The day we will sell anything to them will be the day we will stand-half. Saudis are spending billions and all on Western Tech. Its not that they wouldn't want to give this money to Pakistan but the matter of fact is that we haven't proven ourself to the levels at which they trust American equipment. I WISH JFT and AlKhalid would also make its way to Arab Deserts someday and would get honor to defend Haram and Madina-tu-Nabi on behalf of Pakistan. Such a day it would be!

inshallah.....
inshallah.....
inshallah.....

I think sales with Saudi Arabia has to do more with stabel political situation of Pakistan and trust on political leadership.

To be honest i'm quite scared with egyptian deal.... they don't have good reputition.
I have over looked some bussines deals with Egyptian customers and they always tried to get extra and some times in unfair way.

They also have foreign agents within their circles..... in abundance.

BTW... I have met full F-16 squarden pilots from greece in Egypt, that was perhaps 3 years ago!!!!

no doubt i have the same feeling from start

I remember nabil_05 compared JFT to gripen c/d not NG.
see below
F-16
Length: 49 ft 5 in
Wingspan: 32 ft 8 in
Height: 16 ft
Wing area: 300 ft²

JFT
Length: 45.9 ft
Wingspan: 31 ft
Height: 15 ft 8 in
Wing area: 263 ft²

If PAF wanted, Thunder could have been of the same structural size that of say F-16A and possibly % of design. Compare gripen with JFT its slightly large. I'm sure you are impressed with its canopy, i am curious to why you dislike/reject JFT's design against gripen. I see Thunder's design to be equally superior, aren't you happy at Pakistan following the american way of designs, that have proven lethal.
Prototype JF-17/FC-1 (and you've seen latest ones on here too)
FC-1+Fierce+Dragon+%28+China+-+Pakistan+%29+2.jpg

gripen
AIR_JAS-39_Gripen_Top_Smokewinders_lg.jpg

is it the data of Gripen of F-16

Last edited:
data of F-16, not gripen you can see clearly, just posted it my friend is having problem with JFT design and built calling gripen design too superior I posted it so he can see how much difference is between JFT and F-16 size overall and compared it to gripen did not post its data but did say its slight larger than JFT. Basically gripen is sandwich between JFT and F-16

On it's way to FIA, JFT was inspected by Turks and Saudis and Saudis were damn impressed ! Saudi base commander sat in the cockpit and appreciated its man-machine interface. :)

But Saudi's will have 72 typhoons their way....further, they would like to upgrade their eagles to SE standards (If denied JSF)...JF will have a very very tough time in making its way into RSAF

Saudis are precious customers of us, JSF would follow beyond 2020.
Pakistan is aware of it, RSAF is just not in need as they're replacing F-5s with EF-2000.

I am still waiting for when you will backup your claim.
how is JF equal to or better than Grippen NG, by design or by build ?

Sure even the best sales people get a blank moment every once in a while; but when it comes to engineering I still maintain that Grippen is a far better machine; it's design and production qualities are not matchable by JF-17.

I said current JFT offers capability on par with Gripen C, D not NG. Next blk of JFT is most probably on par with NG on the basis of what we have known so far

No doubt......Pak Army is for Pakistanis but as muslims Pak Army have history of giving life to liberate Khana Kabaa....

I said current JFT offers capability on par with Gripen C, D not NG. Next blk of JFT is most probably on par with NG on the basis of what we have known so far

Yeah, that is what I can not agree with,
however I do not think this is the thread or the time to discuss the same.

maybe at a better time in some other thread.

Back
Top Bottom