What's new

PAF JF-17 in Farnborough Air Show 2010

I came across this on youtube (an oldie) and realized what a journey this has been for the fans of JF-17. Arpatech produced this video right around the time the FC-1 took its first flight. Its a great tribute to all of the efforts that have gone into this program for it to become a reality for the PAF. Its appearance at Farnborough only affirms the fact that perseverance does pay off no matter how insurmountable the challenges look to be. It may be a small step for the world, but it surely is a giant leap for the Pakistani aeronautical industry.

YouTube - JF-17_Mujhay_Roko_tribute

The message at the beginning of the video may be a little too jazbaati, but after going through the sanctions, they have left an indelible mark on the psyche of all of PAF watchers and this aircraft, with all of its limitations, opens up new venues for PAF to explore and ensure that it would be able to come up to Quaid-e-Azam's expectation of the force, when he said "A country without a strong air force is at the mercy of any aggressor, Pakistan must build up its own Air Force as quickly as possible, it must be an efficient Air Force, second to none." (inshallah)

Enjoy!

Bless you Blain for this vdo! Brought back that nostalgic ferver... I had this clip in my pc, absolutely loved it... The song by Noori and the video editing on it is simply brilliant.

ALLAH Bless our PAF... I feel as if I can conquer anything mannnnnnn... FTW!!! :flame:

:pakistan:

4841477130_eb8c22b202_b.jpg

Last edited:
We have much tolerant then you guys that is why such idiotic comments is still in PDF

We are thrilled about JF-17 static display, however.......

4.jpg

7.jpg

these pictures are good examples of some rusts you can notice (second picture clearly), I am a bit surprised that it is too early starting rusts/browns dry already on these parts. It must solved immediately. :undecided:

yeah that's quite questionable about the plane n this not good when it comes to quality of the airframe. N if this remains then what do u suggest ???:undecided::what::coffee:

It is not rust people, just the angle of pic and sunlight made it look like it. If it was rust, why is it not present in other pics? Do not be so skeptic.

Smoke is not an issue. IR missiles lock on the heat source not smoke. Radar Guided ones lock with the help of radio communication. In either case smoke is not an issue.

They experimented with smoke chasing missiles way back, just like we have gas detection robots. The only problem at that height and speed is that smoke disperses rapidly, so you can't really locate a target:!

So you mean iaf mig 29 with rd-93 engines are just fine. Smoke is non-issue. We all can sleep sound. Also smoke is not visible at night eh.*:D
Which is better single engine jf17 or two engine mig29?*

So you mean iaf mig 29 with rd-93 engines are just fine. Smoke is non-issue. We all can sleep sound. Also smoke is not visible at night eh.*:D
Which is better single engine jf17 or two engine mig29?*

mig-29 doesnt use RD-93 it uses old rd-33.

If those a/c's flied all the way to UK then the last thing they will have is rust !!! Coupled with the fact that A/C would be on static display for world -- No way , jhose !!
I guess its just angle of photograph

very interesting indeed. I read here on this forum that PAF has sorted out these problems. so Is Pakistan overstating its capabilitiies?

2:30-2:49 exact same smoke from F-18s while in-flight.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom