What's new

PAF JF-17 in Farnborough Air Show 2010

Yep that's correct, I was standing next to you as I definitely overhead the pilot answering this question.
:tup:

I think I remember you too - and was sure you would be one of the forumites here. The pilots and technicians were very friendly. I would have paid the 30 pounds just to see the Thunders and nothing else.

Thanks for confirming the pilot's statement. I wish I had not left the camcorder with the wife and would have recorded it.

The badge on him said 'HUSSAIN', sorry didn't get his full name. I have a photo of him I can upload if you want.

Yes, it was Hussain - I made sure to memorise the name.

i wanna ask a very dumb question,
what are those huge bombs or missiles used for???

The missles are used to kill dead birds.. and the bombs are used to kill ants on the ground :cheesy:;)

4824000557_f15910fd97.jpg

4824613992_37f3332983.jpg

4823998809_199348ea40.jpg

4824612316_56436d634a.jpg

4824619974_898c0cc2ee.jpg

4824615188_6ac8cd90f9.jpg

4824615576_ee439838e4.jpg

Still waiting for my gallery to be vetted but in the meanwhile here are a few photos and link to my Flickr gallery. Enjoy!

Farnborough 2010 - a set on Flickr

@members in UK:

How was the show overall..?

What was the highlight of the show..?

p..s: i coulsn find any appropriate thread...so asking here

@members in UK:

How was the show overall..?

What was the highlight of the show..?

p..s: i coulsn find any appropriate thread...so asking here

It was my first time at Farnborough and I was really impressed.

Good bits:

1) Lots of planes on static display and you can get fairly close to them as well.
2) You practically sit right next to the main runway and watch most of the planes land/take-off. I was so close that when the A380 took off I could feel the engine exhaust on my face and I could smell burning rubber when it touched down right in front of me.
3) Friendly pilots and sales people were at hand most of the time.

Bad bits:

1) It was too crowded for my liking.
2) Many families were there just for the sake of picnic and they take up all the good spots early on. Most of them don't even care about landings/take-offs but do a very good job at blocking your view.

My highlights:

1) JF-17's
2) A380 tour inside the test plane
3) F16's engine noise during take-off

Note-to-self:

1) Make sure you get there early, look at the static displays and get next to the runway barriers before 11:30am for a good spot
2) Make sure you take a folding chair with you
3) Make sure you buy a bigger lens .. at least 300mm

Overall: 8/10

It was my first time at Farnborough too. I however have been to RIAT twice, Waddington twice, Sioux City (IA, USA) once and Waterkloof (South Africa) once.

I agree, Farnborough was too crowded. My honest opinion is IT IS MEANT FOR BUSINESS AND SELLING PLANES. There is less focus on the public (me and you) on the so called public days. Try RIAT next time. I think I will stick with RIAT, many more display teams, static displays, space.

Yes, arrive early - if the wife and kids can leave the house.

yeah, i think the pilot would have to tilt the a/c abit to see wats going on behind him!

Its usually with most of the ACs....look at this....
hasnain0099-albums-my-personal-picture3083-canopies.jpg

Only F-22, F-16 have 360 view canopies....But best one is of A-10 a true convenient all around view

It was my first time at Farnborough and I was really impressed.

Good bits:

1) Lots of planes on static display and you can get fairly close to them as well.
2) You practically sit right next to the main runway and watch most of the planes land/take-off. I was so close that when the A380 took off I could feel the engine exhaust on my face and I could smell burning rubber when it touched down right in front of me.
3) Friendly pilots and sales people were at hand most of the time.

Bad bits:

1) It was too crowded for my liking.
2) Many families were there just for the sake of picnic and they take up all the good spots early on. Most of them don't even care about landings/take-offs but do a very good job at blocking your view.

My highlights:

1) JF-17's
2) A380 tour inside the test plane
3) F16's engine noise during take-off

Note-to-self:

1) Make sure you get there early, look at the static displays and get next to the runway barriers before 11:30am for a good spot
2) Make sure you take a folding chair with you
3) Make sure you buy a bigger lens .. at least 300mm

Overall: 8/10

100% agree with you on that..

Chairs, blankets, tents, etc should all be banned!

I went there yesterday, my first time to see the JF-17! Got so excited, but was quite pity didnt see the F-22 and 787. Hope Pakistan can send their fighters to Zhuhai airshow end of this year as well!:pakistan::china:

i wanna ask a very dumb question,
what are those huge bombs or missiles used for???

I think you are refering to the big fat missile shaped things under the wings of JF 17. They are actually the fuel tanks.

Back
Top Bottom