What's new

PAF JF-17 in Farnborough Air Show 2010

JF-17
p1010197n.jpg

p1010200.jpg

p1010381l.jpg

Well most of the pics seen in this thread look the same. The guys at pakistani defence have done a gr8 job. this guy actually posted his pic standing next to JF 17. Now i dont know if this was allowed or not but i have not seen anyone post such a pic or even talk about it and if i am wrong plz do correct me.

man i thought :pakistan::pdf:to post these pics by shahzaman...i guess u did first then...:woot:

I see many pictures of the JF17 on display. However I don't see any pictures of the JF17 Stall. For those of you who couldn't visit Farnborough, here are a few pictures of the display stall

day11.jpg

day12.jpg

day13.jpg

day14a.jpg

day15.jpg

day16.jpg

day17.jpg

day18.jpg

I met Mr Abid at the stall who was very happy to see me and also offered to take a picture of me with the models. He did seem a little disappointed when I told him I am an Indian. He sounded genuinely proud when he told me that this was the first such plane from our region. He asked me to make sure I also visited the JF17s on display outside.

Edit: Let me know if anyone here needs a higher resolution copy of any of the images here.
The reason these stall look quiet empty are because I was visiting them while the air display was happening outside.

Last edited:
Hi Mr. Scrumpy, I am not disappointed that you are Indian. I never judge anyone. I want to thank you for taking the time to take these pictures and post them. I appreciate this. Take care.

I am not disappointed that you are Indian. I never judge anyone.

Ang,

Sorry if I conveyed the wrong impression. The disappointment was of the type where you expect to meet some from your hometown but turned out to be from some place else. Mr Abid was very nice to me and that didn't change even after he found out that I wasn't a Pakistani.

Scrumpy.

Hi, no need to apologize Mr. Scrumpy. I just wanted to make sure you were not mistreated in any way. Once again thanks for the pictures they are really nice. Take care.

I visited on 24th with my brother and spoke to pilots and engineers and mostly took time to take few pictures and shakey videos
it was a very hot day and took us a lot of time to get there due to heavy trafic but it was worth it

the JF-17s were right in front of the main display area the moment you walk in from the car park

there was a lot of interest by people who were taking close up pictures and asking all sort of questions

here is the video that I spent whole day composing. the video is a bit shakey so bear with me

hope you enjoy it. thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
I visited on 24th with my brother and spoke to pilots and engineers and mostly took time to take few pictures and shakey videos
it was a very hot day and took us a lot of time to get there due to heavy trafic but it was worth it

the JF-17s were right in front of the main display area the moment you walk in from the car park

there was a lot of interest by people who were taking close up pictures and asking all sort of questions

here is the video that I spent whole day composing. the video is a bit shakey so bear with me

hope you enjoy it. thanks

YouTube - JF-17 Thunder at Farnborough Air Show 2010

Irfan brother , your description says that the LS-6 is a Laser guided bomb , its not - its a GPS guided glide bomb.:D

To, Salman bro,

The air craft was designed to take of and land on short ill prepared tracks.

JFT is also designed to take off and land on short strips as also mentioned by PAF personnel...

The air craft was designed to be very easy and quick to service, pulling an engine out and slapping another one is is a jiffy.

Last i checked, JFT is proving to be easier to maintain that our technicians thought. For reference, watch the KSA tv report on youtube.

Those are the qualities that we should be aiming for, in face of an Indian onslaught but then to incorporate those features means designing a new machine from scratch.

The plug and play concept means that you put in things of your liking and make the machine better and better, remember the plug and play philosophy. You can also confirm through your sources that JFT airframe is designed to accommodate four engines and has enough room for engine replacement. Chinese and Pakistani are not fools as to rely on Russian engine throughout JFTs life cycle for and good reason.

Now about the datalink, although I know for a fact that the technology is present with PA, and they have been using it for a 7 years now; I am not sure if it is fully operational in the aircraft.

The tech is there in the army, I agree but PAF only got this tech with the induction of SAAB 2000. I don't say we lacked in datalinking tech as we even use it on our UAVs but the level of sophistication is not the same.

Tempest has broken some great news for sure so hats off to him.

Nabil
you seem to be better connected then me, and I am very impressed with all this news.

I am visiting Pakistan and will try to go to AHQ and Kamra, let me see if I can get some detailed information on these.

Back
Top Bottom