What's new

PAF JF-17 ENGINEER, wife die in road accident

Innalahi wa inna ilahi rajioon...
May allah bless their souls in Jannh...
Very VERY tragic...

I hope the GoP getts a shock nd repair the roads, nd improve safety measures..

Innalahi wa inna ilahi rajioon...
May allah bless their souls in Jannh...
Very VERY tragic...

I hope the GoP getts a shock nd repair the roads, nd improve safety measures..

it will never happen in this govt ... this road was only made once in nawaz sharif's time ... he also have rest house in shogran ...

inna lillahi wa inna 3ila2ihi raaji3uun

At least he died happy, having gotten a promotion and having been to a holiday.

I will die too. So will all of you. RIP us all in advance!

Ina Lillah e wa ina elehe rajeun

Just came to know about sad demise of sir Nisar. Knew him personally when he was doing his master at George Washington University, Washington DC. He was an intellegent and devoted family man who was proud of Pakistan.

Hope his second son is ok.

A great loss for PAF and may Allah give sabr to his family for this tragic loss.

Ina Lillah e wa ina elehe rajeun

Just came to know about sad demise of sir Nisar. Knew him personally when he was doing his master at George Washington University, Washington DC. He was an intellegent and devoted family man who was proud of Pakistan.

Hope his second son is ok.

A great loss for PAF and may Allah give sabr to his family for this tragic loss.

Didnt realize he went to GWU! That's where I am pursuing masters now.

He must have been in the School of Engineering and Applied Science's Department of Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering

indeed a huge loss; I will e-mail the school also and inform them. I think it would be decent for them to post an announcement on the school news website.

Pakistanis are zero educated about driving regulations.

Hi,

It is time for you to have the brakes replaced on your car----. The original factory brake pads cost Rs10000.

You want to save money and tell the tech to install the aftermarket brake pads which cost around Rs5000.

In your normal driving---you don't notice the difference---.

Thgen one day---with friends we decided to go to the ski resort---everything was fine till on our way back---.

Down the slopes of the mountain and constant braking the pads OVER HEATED ---I felt the brakes fading---and then came a time when I pushed the brake pedal---and nothing happened---no brakes---I knew what was happening---I down shifted---slowed down and drove the car into the snow bank on the side of the road to stop----.

A very young Mohsin Ikram was also riding with me at that time in the car.

Me and my friends were very lucky to survive the incident that day by the will of Allah---and me knowing what was happening---.

So---please---when you guys want to replace the brakes pads / shoes on the car---just remember---when the one time you need them to operate the best for you---the cheap ones will deceive you long before the expensive ones would.

May Allah bless the soul of the departed---.

I am not saying that it happened the way I described it---I am just giving a comparison of what happened with me and my friends when I installed cheap brake pads on my car---.

Down the slopes of the mountain and constant braking the pads OVER HEATED ---I felt the brakes fading---and then came a time when I pushed the brake pedal---and nothing happened---no brakes---I knew what was happening---I down shifted---slowed down and drove the car into the snow bank on the side of the road to stop----.

When was the brake fluid last changed in the car? High moisture content in old fluid (it is hygroscopic by design) will boil suddenly leading to failure. Even cheap pads usually suffer only a gradual loss of braking as they heat up.

When was the brake fluid last changed in the car? High moisture content in old fluid (it is hygroscopic by design) will boil suddenly leading to failure. Even cheap pads usually suffer only a gradual loss of braking as they heat up.

Hi,

Indeed---the brakes suffered gradual loss---and I knew what was coming--. We were five people in a Datsun B210---and the down hill was steep coming down from an 7500 ft high ski resort---.

I was keeping the speed down by down shifting---and the moment I realized that I would not be able to slow it down anymore---I drove the right front wheel into the snow bank.

You are right about the brake fluid---that is one thing we don't care about other than just topping it off if the level goes down---.

In our auto engineering lab---we did perform a lab test on the brakes overheating---that was over 30 years ago---I don't have the results---but the I still remember the after market brake pads failed much sooner than the factory brake pads---.

Inalillahe wa Ina Ilehe Rajeoon, irreparable damage to the family.

Sir no car in the world is strong enough to endure the fall if you are unfortunate enough to go off road in these regions, the minimum fall is not less than 100 to 150 ft while at some places the ravines are miles deep. Besides, one dies on the day one is supposed to die so it doesn't matter if you are sitting in an armored vehicle or a bicycle.
the poor condition of the roads,untrained drivers, lack of safety features in cars, non implementation of traffic laws are mainly responsible for so many road traffic accidents in pak. the recent ahmad pur incident shows that poorly maintained tanker was mainly responsible for the disaster.

Hi,

Indeed---the brakes suffered gradual loss---and I knew what was coming--. We were five people in a Datsun B210---and the down hill was steep coming down from an 7500 ft high ski resort---.

I was keeping the speed down by down shifting---and the moment I realized that I would not be able to slow it down anymore---I drove the right front wheel into the snow bank.

You are right about the brake fluid---that is one thing we don't care about other than just topping it off if the level goes down---.

In our auto engineering lab---we did perform a lab test on the brakes overheating---that was over 30 years ago---I don't have the results---but the I still remember the after market brake pads failed much sooner than the factory brake pads---.

We can discuss brakes further, but that would take this thread off topic. I am back to lurking here. :D

Back
Top Bottom