What's new

PAF is ready to take on any challenge: Air Chief Marshal

You need to read up on PAF MLU upgrades they are all over this website our older Vipers are now are close to our new blk 52 standards .Few were done in the US and the rest were sent to Turkey with us getting back the last ones upgraded.

A source would be appreciated

To what standard ? When did this happen ?
TAI completes Pakistan F-16 fleet mid-life upgrade - IHS Jane's 360

TAI completes Pakistan F-16 fleet mid-life upgrade
James Hardy, London - IHS Jane's Defence Weekly
03 September 2014
1568316_-_main.jpg

TAI has completed a mid-life upgrade of 41 Pakistani F-16 Block 15 aircraft. Source: TAI
Turkish Aerospace Industries (TAI) has delivered the last four of 41 upgraded Lockheed Martin F-16A/B Block 15 Fighting Falcon combat aircraft to the Pakistan Air Force (PAF), the company said on 2 September.

TAI upgraded the PAF's F-16s under the Peace Drive II programme, a mid-life upgrade (MLU) project that was agreed in 2009 and began in October 2010.

In May 2010 Lockheed Martin was awarded a USD325 million Foreign Military Sales contract to provide 35 MLU kits for the Block 15 aircraft, as well as 18 MLU kits for F-16C/D Block 52 aircraft. The deal was supplemented in July 2011 by a USD42.3 million contract for a further 10 MLU kits.

According to a 2008 congressional statement by Vice Admiral Jeffrey Wieringa, then director of the US Defense Security Cooperation Agency, the upgrade involved "Falcon STAR structural upgrade kits ... and MLU avionics upgrade kits".

VAdm Wieringa described this upgrade as "very similar to that provided to other F-16A/B customers" and as replacing "critical structural components in the F-16 required to return the A/B airframe to a structural life of 8,000 spectrum hours", while the "MLU avionics upgrade kits are being designed to provide the Pakistan Block 15A/B aircraft with many of the same capabilities as the new Block 52 F-16s that the PAF is procuring".

According to his statement, the MLU upgrade kits included: Northrop Grumman APG-68(V)9 radars; Embedded GPS/INS (EGI); Link 16 datalink; APX-113 Advanced Identify Friend or Foe (AIFF); Color Cockpit with Color Moving Map; ALQ- 211(V)9 Advanced Integrated Defensive Electronic Warfare Suite (AIDEWS) pod; Night Vision Imaging System (NVIS) Cockpit and External Lighting; Sniper Advanced Targeting Pod; Joint Helmet Mounted Cueing System (JHMCS); reconnaissance pod capability; improved avionics systems; JDAM capability; EGBU capability; AIM-120 AMRAAM capability; and AGM-84 Harpoon capability.

VAdm Wieringa added: "While many of the avionics systems and capabilities are common with the new Block 52s and the MLU, some significant differences remain between the MLU F-16 Block 15s and the new PAF Block 52s: there are no improvements to the Block 15s mission range and loiter time; there are no engine improvements; and there are no improvements to payload capacity."

In February 2014, a senior Pakistani government official confirmed that the PAF was "close to concluding a deal" to purchase 12 F-16As and one F-16B version from the Royal Jordanian Air Force. The PAF confirmed that all 13 were originally Block 15 models that have also undergone MLU programmes. The first five were inducted into the PAF in April 2014 at Mushaf airbase in Sargodha.

Please Put Some of the Fields were F-16 have Edge over Mig-29 UPG or Even Mirage-2000 Mk2 MLU.
Please Educate us

War record. Have u ever heard of a mig 29 shooting down any thing?

War record. Have u ever heard of a mig 29 shooting down any thing?
War Record of Advanced Air forces Like USAF & IDF is Cannot be compared with PAF Secondly the Mig-29 Operated By India is No Same Variant Operated By Any other Airforce In world Same Like Mki
Indian Air Force MiG-29s best on the block | AIRheads↑FLY

Have u ever heard of a mig 29 shooting down any thing?
Did heard About F-22 Shooting Down Something in Dogfight or Rafale or Eurofighter or J-10

An F16 shooting down a Mig 21/23 in a scenario where the F16 has awacs support , real time gps satalite and is outnumbering the mig by 5 -1 is great ... This is the USA and Israeli world.

Now look at the Average F16 pilot in PAF and see HIS world.

Outnumbered between 3 and 4 to 1
Facing over 200 Su30mki the best Russian fighter built to date
Phalcon Awacs
Mirage2000 upgraded to include RC400 radars & mica BVR
Israeli supplied radars & Sams
s300 abm SYSTEMS.

NOW TELL US WHAT THE 70 F16 OF PAF WILL DO IN THIS WAR SCENARIO ????

YES YOU GOT IT BUDDY IAF IS A FORMIDABLE BEAST TO TAME this is no arab lightweight poorly trained air power.

What you guy's trying to drew out from this Air chief interview..? We have left our topic way behind I think..

War Record of Advanced Air forces Like USAF & IDF is Cannot be compared with PAF Secondly the Mig-29 Operated By India is No Same Variant Operated By Any other Airforce In world Same Like Mki

Did heard About F-22 Shooting Down Something in Dogfight or Rafale or Eurofighter or J-10

Those aircrafts has not seen combat yet...most of mig 29 variants have been falling like flies for as long as i remember

Those aircrafts has not seen combat yet...most of mig 29 variants have been falling like flies for as long as i remember

An F16 shooting down a Mig 21/23 in a scenario where the F16 has awacs support , real time gps satalite and is outnumbering the mig by 5 -1 is great ... This is the USA and Israeli world.

Now look at the Average F16 pilot in PAF and see HIS world.

Outnumbered between 3 and 4 to 1
Facing over 200 Su30mki the best Russian fighter built to date
Phalcon Awacs
Mirage2000 upgraded to include RC400 radars & mica BVR
Israeli supplied radars & Sams
s300 abm SYSTEMS.

NOW TELL US WHAT THE 70 F16 OF PAF WILL DO IN THIS WAR SCENARIO ????

YES YOU GOT IT BUDDY IAF IS A FORMIDABLE BEAST TO TAME this is no arab lightweight poorly trained air power.

70 f16 will be boosted by jf17 250 to 350 planned. More than 50 already in service... also they can probably get j10 pretty quickly but probably are waiting for j31 to become available.
And dont tell me that jf17 is not a threat..bacause it is..
Iaf is formidable beast i do agree with that

70 f16 will be boosted by jf17 250 to 350 planned. More than 50 already in service... also they can probably get j10 pretty quickly but probably are waiting for j31 to become available.
And dont tell me that jf17 is not a threat..bacause it is..
Iaf is formidable beast i do agree with that
Yeah 250 when will you achieve that number 2040 I guess.As long I remember jf-17 have pathetic production rate of just 50 fighters produced in 8 years since its induction.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom