What's new

PAF is getting Rafale or Typhoon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Suffa

BANNED

New Recruit

Reaction score
This is an article put up by Zeron in the Navel section but I'd like everyone to focus on the highlighted section.

Pakistan Seeks 3 Subs From France

New Design Would Free DCN of Spanish Partnership
By PIERRE TRAN, PARIS

Pakistani interest in three attack submarines is forcing France to make hard decisions over industrial interests vested in the DCN naval systems company and diplomatic and economic relations with Spain and India, analysts said.

Islamabad intends to spend $1 billion to $1.2 billion on three patrol submarines, preferably of a new design from DCN but possibly of the German 214 class, a Pakistani official said.

But the potential sale of high-tech weapons to Pakistan may be too much for the French government to swallow. The deal would steady employment at DCNs Cherbourg sub yard, but would likely antagonize India, with whom Paris recently signed a defense agreement. New Delhi also is a submarine customer, having recently purchased six of DCN?s Scorpene attack subs.

The sale of an all-French design also might raise hackles in Spain. The Spanish are partners in building the Scorpene, but Spain?s Navantia yard is teaming with Lockheed Martin on its S-80 boat.

The Pakistani official said Islamabad is interested in a single-hull submarine,distinct from quieter, more expensive double-hulled boats. ?We have made it known there is a requirement for three submarines.
Islamabad wants a formal offer within six months from Armaris, the naval marketing joint venture of DCN and French systems house Thales, so it can order the subs within a year, the official said.

(The country also is looking to buy 25 to 30 highly capable fighter aircraft, and is considering the Dassault Rafale, Eurofighter Typhoon and Saab JAS 39 Gripen, the official said. A Pakistani delegation is due to go to Italy next month to see the Typhoon go through flight trials, he said. The pursuit of the Pakistan deal shows DCN wants to develop new subs for export.)

So now PAF wants to get some thing big. Well, it will be nice if PAF is succeeded to get about 50+ Rafale or Typhoon. :banana2:

[Mod Edit: This is essentially a naval related article and if you wish to discuss the airforce paragraph out of it, you should only quote that and provide us with your thoughts as well. Simply copy, pasting an article doesn't initiate any discussion. Please make changes to this post of yours or this thread risks closure. Thnx]

Are you serious about this? PAF is interested in getting Rafale or Typhoon? Well i guess it is a great news. I wonder what both aircrafts offer, personally i think PAF should go for Typhoon because even politically right now. Germany will give a go with no problem, not to mention it has offered its 214 class and is in competition with the DCN.

Originally posted by Syed Nazir@Mar 14 2006, 02:55 PM
Are you serious about this? PAF is interested in getting Rafale or Typhoon? Well i guess it is a great news. I wonder what both aircrafts offer, personally i think PAF should go for Typhoon because even politically right now. Germany will give a go with no problem, not to mention it has offered its 214 class and is in competition with the DCN.
[post=7037]Quoted post[/post]​

Its possible, Pakistan might buy a few of those planes to study with the chinese, which will help chinese to improve its j-xx, and eventually those j-xx will get exported to pakistan at a much lower price.

Originally posted by master_fx@Mar 14 2006, 03:24 PM
Its possible, Pakistan might buy a few of those planes to study with the chinese, which will help chinese to improve its j-xx, and eventually those j-xx will get exported to pakistan at a much lower price.
[post=7043]Quoted post[/post]​

It seems like this too. Like i said about 10 months ago, get a few billion $$$ from china secertly, with that money buy a few typhoons, use that tech to improve J-10, and then reasearch better tech and then use it on J-xx. Because this way PAF will have a european fighter in numbers, and we can also buying more hi-tech fighter from china in the future.

What sort of new 'mantra' do you want to get from typhoon that chineese arent aware of.

And what makes you think that germans or french will sell something in such few nos,knowing that its eventually going to China.They have spend hard earned money in developing it,they arn't going to sell u a few.

And if this was secret plan,then u juts bliew the cover on it.:-)

What sort of new 'mantra' do you want to get from typhoon that chineese arent aware of.

Almost everything. Remember china got all it's know how on planes from russia, the russians knew how to make supermounverable fighter, they were never good at making decent avionces. That could be something we can get from the europeans And france gives you anything you ask for as long as you give them a good price.

And what makes you think that germans or french will sell something in such few nos,knowing that its eventually going to China.They have spend hard earned money in developing it,they arn't going to sell u a few.

If that was the case then no fighter would ever be soled to other countries. Becasue just take this as a exmaple, saudia is thinking of buying alot of eurofighters, and so is turkey. Pakistan is like a brother to these countries, they will atleast let us test those euros. And our/chinese engieneers can easily open a eurofighter in some bunker and see how it works. IT's not that compleated you know.

And if this was secret plan,then u juts bliew the cover on it.:-)

Hmm, maybe now they'll let me be their planner or something. I got more tricks up my sleeves then this;. :?:

well if PAF is succeded to get Typhoons then we can get AIM-120 or 9X with it and if PAF get Rafale then we cant get MICA with Rafales but i preffer to get Typhoons because we can use weaponery of typhoon in our F-16s

what i think procurement of either Rafale or EF-2000 will not occur before 2012; the PAF needs to direct its manpower and resources to the heavy-scale induction of JF-17 (150) and F-16 (100). I think the F-10 would take the place as Plus One fighter, but given that IAF will procure its PAK-FA by 2020 (earliest) I assume the PAF will push for EF-2000, F-35 or JXX from 2015

Originally posted by Thunder+Mar 15 2006, 11:56 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Thunder &#064; Mar 15 2006, 11:56 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'>If that was the case then no fighter would ever be soled to other countries. Becasue just take this as a exmaple, saudia is thinking of buying alot of eurofighters, and so is turkey. Pakistan is like a brother to these countries, they will atleast let us test those euros. And our/chinese engieneers can easily open a eurofighter in some bunker and see how it works. IT&#39;s not that compleated you know.[/b]

My argument was that u have to buy in nos otherwise PAF wont be getting those.

<!--QuoteBegin-Thunder
@Mar 15 2006, 11:56 PM
Hmm, maybe now they&#39;ll let me be their planner or something. I got more tricks up my sleeves then this;. :?:
[post=7085]Quoted post[/post]​
[/quote]

Well i will put ina word to mushraff the next time i meet him.

My argument was that u have to buy in nos otherwise PAF wont be getting those.
Iam sorry, what are you trying to say? Are you trying to say that if we don&#39;t buy these fighters in numbers, then we won&#39;t be able to get any at all?

Thunder stop propagating the view that Pakistan should buy this and that just to hand it over to China. It doesn&#39;t work like that and Pakistan is specially careful after that F-16 rumour.

If you keep ranting about such things in the future, I will have to edit your posts as there are industry people on a lot of these defense forums and I&#39;m sure if they start to read more in to your comments, that would be the last nail in the PAF coffin as no one would be willing to sell anything to the PAF for fear of it getting gifted to the Chinese. I hope that is CLEAR.

This is an article put up by Zeron in the Navel section but I&#39;d like everyone to focus on the highlighted section.

Whose navel ?

I don&#39;t think that PAF will go for Rfale because Typhoon is better and cheaper option, but these fighters should be inducted in large numbers (about 100+) in order to balance IAF&#39;s 200 Mirage-4000 jets.

Originally posted by Owais@Mar 22 2006, 02:39 PM
I don&#39;t think that PAF will go for Rfale because Typhoon is better and cheaper option, but these fighters should be inducted in large numbers (about 100+) in order to balance IAF&#39;s 200 Mirage-4000 jets.
[post=7569]Quoted post[/post]​
Can we afforod that many? Buying 40 rafales would be highly expensive. 100+ is way off. Though they might sell it cheap if we buy them in large numbers along with some other country. Turkey is looking into buying eurofighters and so is saudia. Maybe we could team up with them so the price of the fighters migh drop a few millions.

Thunder stop propagating the view that Pakistan should buy this and that just to hand it over to China. It doesn&#39;t work like that and Pakistan is specially careful after that F-16 rumour.

If you keep ranting about such things in the future, I will have to edit your posts as there are industry people on a lot of these defense forums and I&#39;m sure if they start to read more in to your comments, that would be the last nail in the PAF coffin as no one would be willing to sell anything to the PAF for fear of it getting gifted to the Chinese. I hope that is CLEAR.

I see.....

Originally posted by Thunder@Mar 23 2006, 05:42 AM
Can we afforod that many? Buying 40 rafales would be highly expensive. 100+ is way off. Though they might sell it cheap if we buy them in large numbers along with some other country. Turkey is looking into buying eurofighters and so is saudia. Maybe we could team up with them so the price of the fighters migh drop a few millions.

[post=7593]Quoted post[/post]​
Bro., 40 hightech jets are nothing compared to IAF 200MRCAs(mirage4000) and 140 su30MKI. PAF must acquire these jets in big quantity. if we acquire these jets via full TOT(if possible), unit cost will decrease.

Originally posted by Suffa@Mar 23 2006, 09:15 PM
well owais listen actuly 40 or 50 + with 100 + F-16 in future with 150 + JF-17 and paf intrested in another sport multi role like J-10 or Gripen 50 + so i think till 2010 paf is in good shape but the fighter gap is remian the same but its dost matter at all because the quality of a pilot does matter
[post=7646]Quoted post[/post]​
I don&#39;t think that we need J10 when we will have F16s block52 + JF17. these fighters are best for defence but we need another 4.5th generation plane like EUFTyphoon or F35JSF or Jxx for deep penetration in the enemy air space with atleast 4 to 7 AWACs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom