What's new

PAF guard’s bullet kills woman in Peshawar

Samandri

BANNED
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
PESHAWAR: A woman was killed when a Pakistan Air Force (PAF) guard opened fire on a car near Bacha Khan International Airport (BKIA) here on Saturday evening.

Police said that the incident took place at around 5pm. A police official told Dawn that incident took place after the car did not stop after the PAF guards signaled it to stop.

A police official at West Cantonment police station identified the slain woman as Bashirun Nisa, a resident of Akora Khattak area of Nowshera.

The family was on its way home after picking one of its members who had returned after performing umrah.

The police official said the guard was probably panicked after the vehicle did not stop despite being signaled to do so. He said a single bullet was fired, which struck the woman.

The woman was rushed to the Combined Military Hospital, Peshawar, where she died of wounds.

Police said the family did not register an FIR and took the body home. A senior police official said both parties agreed to a settlement and did not press the charges.

Published in Dawn, March 6th, 2016

PAF guard’s bullet kills woman in Peshawar - Pakistan - DAWN.COM

(One should not become careless around soldiers just because he/she is driving in Peshawar and not in some remote area. They have the orders to shoot if car doesnt stop on their signal.
Its not that guard panicked , they have the orders from their superiors to shoot and kill the ones in car which doesnt stop at their signal, even if she is a woman. I am sure the guard saw the woman, but followed the orders and murdered her.)

Last edited:
why not fired at tires.....?
There must b alternate mechanism for vehicles who dont stop at signals....rather than to fire at will.

why not fired at tires.....?
There must b alternate mechanism for vehicles who dont stop at signals....rather than to fire at will.

If you run a signal, they'll probably radio in for you to be stopped at the next one. Maybe even let you go. But if you run a security point at an airport, especially considering the long history of attacks on airports in Pakistan, you probably won't get a second warning. That's why its always the best option to cooperate with security forces at checkpoints, if you have nothing to hide, then why run away?

That thing should be decided in a court either mistake was done by guard or the driver may be guard standing at the position driver can't see him or his signal, sometime blind spots came before the driver. i drove myself and many time children and people just jump on the roads from behind the parked cars, you have very little time to react.

The article says that the family chose not to take the matter to court and settled outside.

Article says not the family, did any reporter contact the family to have their view. We are living in the society where we worship our institution. A Pakistani citizen is murdered and who is on fault that only court should decide.

Sure they should, if it is brought to their jurisdiction.

Security guard did the right job.
Driver was stupid, some people love to dig their graves by taking risks because of their ignorance or over cleverness.......:hitwall:

Its not that guard panicked , they have the orders from their superiors to shoot and kill the ones in car which doesnt stop at their signal, even if she is a woman. I am sure the guard saw the woman, but followed the orders and murdered her.)
Asalam O Alikum

Its not the right word to use here. Murder is "the unlawful premeditated killing of one human being by another" and this is not the Soldier has done. This sentence can end on "followed the orders".

Regards

It is unfortunate probably she did not see the signal to stop. Guard was right to fire but I think the signals should be very clear and conspicuous, a persons life depends on it.

how many cases are justly settled by the courts in pak?

Unfortunate women.

It is in the best interest of people to cooperate with security forces. Like one poster mentioned, security forces, especially in cities like Karachi, Peshawar, Quetta, etc rather be on safe side than sorry. God forbid if car occupants were actually ttp'ers and they did something crazy with the car, imagine how many lives could be lost.

Article says, not the family, did any reporter contact the family to have their views. We are living in the society where we worship our institutions or made them to worship. A Pakistani citizen is murdered and who is on fault that only court should decide.
i can understand your POV and the concern you share, and agree that Journo should try to get story from the other side too ----
but from what is available above, it is clear that Woman was on the wrong, with recent attacks and some Arrests by Intelligence Agencies, women have equally been involved in trasporting weapons, bomb making material, Recon / Video Survillance of the target etc, hence Guard was in his right to shoot & neutralize the threat -----

You also need to understand that even with blown up tyres, Individual can still drive away or worst blow up IED ----
The thing i learned from my stint in oilfields of Balochistan & Iraq is "Prepare for the Worst ; Hope for the best" ---- you cannot take chance in these high risk situations ---- that span of seconds you have to think determines the outcome - worst or for better ----

Her time had come, it was ALLAH's willing -----

I agreed most of your POV but the last line really hurts me, i take out gun and shoot to kill you because it is your time to got killed and it is Allah's willing. People being killed by monster like TTP it is Allah's willing no my brother Allah knows this because of his great knowledge just like we know if we place a child near the fire child must go to touch the beautiful thing. As per your logic we should't have do anything no courts no sentences.

Her time had come, it was ALLAH's willing ----- :hitwall:
Her news was silenced to avoid controversy

Things like that are unfortunate and action should be taken against the guard however with incidents like Bacha Khan and Hazar Town happening in our country can you really blame him?

Back
Top Bottom