What's new

PAF gets 27th fighter squadron

I think our Indian member wanted to call J-10 and JF-17 junk aircrafts since their origination resides in their enemy's nation while they totally ignore the capability of their own aircrafts. I clearly see it as a flame bait post even though the member knows the capability of those aircrafts very well.

I see a cry. Do you?

I think our Indian member wanted to call J-10 and JF-17 junk aircrafts since their origination resides in their enemy's nation while they totally ignore the capability of their own aircrafts. I clearly see it as a flame bait post even though the member knows the capability of those aircrafts very well.

I see a cry. Do you?

Well I would answer him with a segment from a pentagon report.....

The Pentagon noted in May in its annual study on Chinese military power reports that the J-10 would be similar in weight and performance to two advanced European fighters, the Eurofighter Typhoon and the Dassault Rafale.

Fisher, of the International Strategy and Assessment Center, says that of the fighters in service around the world, only the American F-22 Raptor, jointly produced by Boeing, Lockheed Martin and Pratt & Whitney for the U.S. Air Force, would clearly outmatch the J-10.

"The J-10 is a significant military capability," he said. "It's a highly maneuverable fighter."

I think I'll take the pentagons view in this a little more seriously :lol:

Scare-Mongering is lost on this forum, unless it is indian..lol

Su-30 MKI.

India does have about 10 (roughly) more squadrons than us, but this number isn't true anymore. And quite frankly it has been falling quite rapidly according to Indian media articles. Now I know there is a tendency to dismiss these articles as scaremongering but its safe to say there's a reason PAF never really winced at the sight of the MKIs.

The MKIs are the only real threat produced by the IAF. PAF also feels certain it can tackle the Sukhois with its new F-16s. BVR was about all that we lacked in the past to actually have the ability to put up a fight.

This is just MiIII/V squadron, wait till JF-17s keep rolling in. Where India's backbone (Mig-21s) is old and rusty, Pak's F-7s are in much better shape. On top of that the JF-17s would quickly replace them as well.

Do the 50 Mirage 2000s and 70 Mig 29s operated by the IAF pose no threat to the PAF? Both are equipped with BVR range missiles while there is not a single plane in PAF' inventory that can match them. PAF currently has 34 1980s vintage F-16 which are the only aircraft that can compared with the above two in WVR combat.

Some of PAF's J-7 may be new, but none are equipped with BVR missiles. In one on one combat with IAF Mig 21 "Bisons" they would be at a severe disadvantage in BVR combat.

Perhaps the new F-16 Block 50 would be able to tackle the Su-30 MKIs, but Pakistan has only ordered 18 of them, while 50 MKIs are already in service with the IAF and the total number will go upto 230.

Fishbed,

Within some Years, PAF will have advantage in the Missile range games, with AIM-120C in their service. Wether they will get a Radar to fully exploit the missile is another question. And also will Americans let their Missiles be configured on to Chinese Machines, therefore part with the source codes. I dont think So.

Indians are countering this by funding new R-series Missiles, and are looking at Meteor as we speak.

Fishbed,

Within some Years, PAF will have advantage in the Missile range games, with AIM-120C in their service. Wether they will get a Radar to fully exploit the missile is another question. And also will Americans let their Missiles be configured on to Chinese Machines, therefore part with the source codes. I dont think So.

Indians are countering this by funding new R-series Missiles, and are looking at Meteor as we speak.

By acquiring AIM-120C for the new F-16s and MLU upgraded F-16s they will be at best at par with upgraded Mig-29s, Mirage 2000s and Su-30MKIs of the IAF. I don't see how they will have an advantage in the missile range games.
The AIM-120C has a range of 105 km (65 mi) while the Vympel R-77 has a range of 90 km (R-77) to 175 km (R-77M1).
If the AIM-120C cannot be used with other aircraft (such as Chinese machines) then 34(MLU) +18(Block 50) F-16s will have to face 70 Mig-29, 50 mirage 2000s, 50 Su-30 MKI and 150 Mig-21"Bison"s which are all equipped with BVR missiles.(Without counting the new aircraft about to be acquired)

By acquiring AIM-120C for the new F-16s and MLU upgraded F-16s they will be at best at par with upgraded Mig-29s, Mirage 2000s and Su-30MKIs of the IAF. I don't see how they will have an advantage in the missile range games.
The AIM-120C has a range of 105 km (65 mi) while the Vympel R-77 has a range of 90 km (R-77) to 175 km (R-77M1).
If the AIM-120C cannot be used with other aircraft (such as Chinese machines) then 34(MLU) +18(Block 50) F-16s will have to face 70 Mig-29, 50 mirage 2000s, 50 Su-30 MKI and 150 Mig-21"Bison"s which are all equipped with BVR missiles.(Without counting the new aircraft about to be acquired)

Well can you tell me the NEZ of the Russian missiles?
Also the F-7's will be equipped with Chinese or French BVR missiles.
The numbers on the F-16's are incorrect as well PAK purchased 60 MLU kits plus 18 new build (with the option of 18 more.) The ROSE upgrades on the Mirages allow BVR as well (there were newer airframes purchased from Libya as well as newer engines)

Well can you tell me the NEZ of the Russian missiles?
Also the F-7's will be equipped with Chinese or French BVR missiles.
The numbers on the F-16's are incorrect as well PAK purchased 60 MLU kits plus 18 new build (with the option of 18 more.) The ROSE upgrades on the Mirages allow BVR as well (there were newer airframes purchased from Libya as well as newer engines)

Yup, F-7 will be equiped with Chinese BVR as far I know from sources from Pakistan. Below is what we going to be getting just thought I throw it out (for some visitors):

F-16 : 34 (MLU3) / 30 (Block MLU/18 Block 50+) - An option for additional 18 Block 50+.

J-10/F-20 : 40 (The numbers might be bumped in the future just like JF-17)

JF-17 : 250 (Chinese/Western tech)

Total : 354 (ACM said we will have 400 + in the future probably more F-16/J-10)

The above are all 4th Gen and BVR capable.

Currently: Our Mirages (ROSE III) is BVR capable, soon our F-7s will be BVR capable but that doesn't mean it will save them from being reitired. It is also hinted by some we might go for another aircraft.

Also, once PAF is done with it's modernization plan with AWACS, etc. Their wouldn't be much advantage on each side, what India has will be leveled espically with our acquatitions, it will come down to tactics and stealth approaches, SU-30MKI might have a 200Km+ range, but theirs a certain range for detecting air-craft even if their radar is turned off, AWACS will play a big role, I can go indebt but I'm sure you and others will know,etc, it's been discussed to death.

The F-7PG/MG are BVR capable at border line but not fully BVR the Grifo-7 gives little bit support of BVR.

PAF has the ability to go for another aircraft.

I always wanted to replace the A-5 squadron with the J-10s.

New F-16 and JF-17 to replace all Mirages, F-7s etc..

While top squadrons to receive a much more expensive aircraft from the west or europe, even though the ability of those fighters would already be given.

This has nothing to do with the same capability given, but will definately open doors for experiencing and developing more advanced technolgies which could be incorporated in another aircraft in future to be developed. New weapons, etc..

The A-10 is a good investment if Pakistan asks the US to sell them some to them they are very good Aircrafts.

The A-10 is a good investment if Pakistan asks the US to sell them some to them they are very good Aircrafts.

Ahhhhhh:wall: ....Dude A-10 is just a tank buster....a close air-support aircraft.....

Ahhhhhh:wall: ....Dude A-10 is just a tank buster....a close air-support aircraft.....

Yeah what is bad about that it just an opinion, I like the A-10's they are very handy. India has a huge tank inventory and it best to have air support taking out such a large tank inventory.

Back
Top Bottom