What's new

PAF gets 27th fighter squadron

Su-30 MKI.

India does have about 10 (roughly) more squadrons than us, but this number isn't true anymore. And quite frankly it has been falling quite rapidly according to Indian media articles. Now I know there is a tendency to dismiss these articles as scaremongering but its safe to say there's a reason PAF never really winced at the sight of the MKIs.

The MKIs are the only real threat produced by the IAF. PAF also feels certain it can tackle the Sukhois with its new F-16s. BVR was about all that we lacked in the past to actually have the ability to put up a fight.

This is just MiIII/V squadron, wait till JF-17s keep rolling in. Where India's backbone (Mig-21s) is old and rusty, Pak's F-7s are in much better shape. On top of that the JF-17s would quickly replace them as well.

I read (elsewhere) That the nominal strength of squadrons are 18 plus attrition spares of 2-4 planes.

The MKIs are the only real threat produced by the IAF. .

I guess we can dump our Mirage 2000's and MiG-29's both of which are being currently upgraded as we speak to 2009 and SMT standard.:rolleyes:

India might have more numerical advantage but we know that there are lots of grounded planes. The only real danger comes from the MKI.

We read the reports that in a few years time the Indians would even no loner have numerical advantage... Let us not debate the 37 against the 27...

And I agree with you, but I am sure a Think-Tank member like you would also be aware that it is just a phase. Induction of 240 MKI's, 126MRCA, 66 MiG-29SMT and 55 Mirage 2000-9.. This will itself make 24 squadrons of 20 aircrafts each. I am not counting the MiG-21 Bisons, Jaguar's and MiG-27's. I will let the LCA and PAK-FA talk go for now

^ With all the different types of aircrafts. The airforce becomes pricless!

^ With all the different types of aircrafts. The airforce becomes pricless!

And I agree with you,

2 things

Consoldation of aircrafts into

MKI,
PAK-FA's
MMRCA
Jaguars
MIG-29's and Mirage's
LCA's ....
MIG-27's and 21's

In future I expect

All the MiG's to be replaced by One Type as well as the Mirage's and Jaguar. This would happen 10-12 years down the line.

As of right now , We can afford it. But it is definitly a problem

This is called demoralising news. :oops:

Its a country of 1.1 billion people, and With a lot of cash reserve. Dont worry we can definitly find new pilots. If you want we speak about it amicably on a different thread.

With all those types of aircrafts in various squadrons i see the air force unstable. Every aircraft requires different set of training, different maintenance (over hauling is the biggest issue), different tactics and a different role, which when i see in IAF is lacking over all.

Now even today when i see people dividing MRCA into two or three types. I just look and laugh.

With all those types of aircrafts in various squadrons i see the air force unstable. Every aircraft requires different set of training, different maintenance (over hauling is the biggest issue), different tactics and a different role, which when i see in IAF is lacking over all.

Now even today when i see people dividing MRCA into two or three types. I just look and laugh.

IAF has been handling the various aircrafts pretty well, Its far better than getting junk and passing it off as 4th Gen.

IAF has been handling the various aircrafts pretty well, Its far better than getting junk and passing it off as 4th Gen.

Handling various aircrafts pretty well? Any info?

Though i still think LCA is not that bad of an aircraft.

Back
Top Bottom