What's new

PAF flight testing J-10

People. The f-16s is somewhat a aid to us. WE have to pay 3 billion big ones. The rest will come from the money we gave to USA for more F-16s before we got sancationed. And the rest will come from "aid". So it really does'nt matter if we cancel the F-16 deal.

Apart form that, we can buy atleast 100 J-10 with that $3 billion. And about 200 more JF-17s. So i won't be supraised if PAF cancels the f-sola deal. And now moving to see if the J-10 is worth all this or not.

Well for starters, all the info on internet provided about J-10 is fake. So info say that the J-10 is good as F-16 Block40. Some say that it's as good as eurofighter, some even say that it's the chinese version of F-22 :idiot:

But the real info on j-10 is probabley avalibale to the chinese and pakistani goverment/military. And the pakistanis say that it's one hell of a fighter. Some even say that it can out mounver the indian MKI. Some news we pakistanis really needed to haer. With the chinese AWACS PAF might get ( or the one sweden is giving us) J-10 can easily take on the indian MKI. That's why we will get J-10 as our frontline fighter.

Apart from that, it'll be easy to induct in our air force since it's chinese and uses the same tech as JF-17 (mostly). It'll also be cheaper then F-16, and we won't have to worry about being sanctioned etc. So J-10 might just be the perfect choice for PAF till J-XX comes along. And it'll also keep euroape and US worried for not chossing their fighters. F-16, Rafale, them gripens and eurofighters

I hate to do this but a lot of people on this forum go on to make claims that they cannot back up with facts and/or statistics based on credible sources.

Lets see now, Thunder, what on earth are you going on and on about F-16s being 'somewhat' aid to us and all? I thought I clarified the matter completely when I was discussing it with Zeeshan Siddiqui. I'm not sure if you even bother reading up those posts. What $3b are you talking about? The $3b aid package announced by Bush a couple of years ago was equally divided for ecnomic and defense aid. The issue of the F-16s that we paid for and did not receive due to sanctions decades back was 'settled' years ago (you don't seem to be aware of that even) in a number of ways. The free wheat shipments by US to Pakistan in drought-hit years is one such example.

So it DOES matter if we cancel the F-16 deal. We would not be taking advantage of our current codial relations with the US (the MNNA status) if we did that. Therefore, you see that the establishment is firm in its resolve to acquire F-16 jets rather easily while it can.

So your comments about using this 'self-imagined' $3b for hundred J-10s and more Jf-17s fall apart as there is NO $3b, only $1.5b out of which a hefty amount is going in to the F-16 deal. And you say all J-10 infos available are fake; how can you be so sure about that? Certainly from what I know, certain Chinese websites carry quite credible information about its features and capabilities.

There can be endless assumptions as to what J-10 can or cannot do vis-a-vis the Su-30s but the matter of fact is that Su-30 is the ultimate nightmare for PAF planners and they really need to think of a way to counter it. And NO, we're not buying any Chinese AWACS as of now. Erieye seems to be the preferred system and rightly so.

Till J-XX comes along? There's no telling when. Europe along with the US have better things to worry about (India) than wasting time by pondering over why Pakistan didn't opt for their jets which isn't the case anyways (as the top contenders for our frontline AC are J-10 and JAS-39 Gripen - a European AC).

Originally posted by Sid@Feb 27 2006, 06:08 AM
I hate to do this but a lot of people on this forum go on to make claims that they cannot back up with facts and/or statistics based on credible sources.

Lets see now, Thunder, what on earth are you going on and on about F-16s being 'somewhat' aid to us and all? I thought I clarified the matter completely when I was discussing it with Zeeshan Siddiqui. I'm not sure if you even bother reading up those posts. What $3b are you talking about? The $3b aid package announced by Bush a couple of years ago was equally divided for ecnomic and defense aid. The issue of the F-16s that we paid for and did not receive due to sanctions decades back was 'settled' years ago (you don't seem to be aware of that even) in a number of ways. The free wheat shipments by US to Pakistan in drought-hit years is one such example.

So it DOES matter if we cancel the F-16 deal. We would not be taking advantage of our current codial relations with the US (the MNNA status) if we did that. Therefore, you see that the establishment is firm in its resolve to acquire F-16 jets rather easily while it can.

So your comments about using this 'self-imagined' $3b for hundred J-10s and more Jf-17s fall apart as there is NO $3b, only $1.5b out of which a hefty amount is going in to the F-16 deal. And you say all J-10 infos available are fake; how can you be so sure about that? Certainly from what I know, certain Chinese websites carry quite credible information about its features and capabilities.

There can be endless assumptions as to what J-10 can or cannot do vis-a-vis the Su-30s but the matter of fact is that Su-30 is the ultimate nightmare for PAF planners and they really need to think of a way to counter it. And NO, we're not buying any Chinese AWACS as of now. Erieye seems to be the preferred system and rightly so.

Till J-XX comes along? There's no telling when. Europe along with the US have better things to worry about (India) than wasting time by pondering over why Pakistan didn't opt for their jets which isn't the case anyways (as the top contenders for our frontline AC are J-10 and JAS-39 Gripen - a European AC).
[post=6285]Quoted post[/post]​

:thumbsup: Totally agree with you buddy. Ive been through different sources on the web Pakistan has to pay for new F-16s, Even i read this on lockheedmartin's website. The deal of 1988 or 89 as already been settled as US provided Pakistan with wheat instead of money. There is nothing for free in this world! :wacko:

Back
Top Bottom