What's new

PAF Exercise High Mark - 2010

:woot: I just realised that exercises r in the city i was born & raised in,,, JHANG,,, Shorkoot airbase would be the one they fly from,,, Flying jets were almost a daily routine over my house,,, But now we have moved to Lahore... :undecided:

My father had his Job for years in Thal area,,,

i was curious cuz i am also very near to shorkot cantt only 15 km from there and there was lot of jets flying at the time of that thal exercise so i was wondering that may be they were using the shorkot rafeqe base at that time...........

PAF’s firepower demo marks precise hit at enemy targets
THAL RANGE, Apr 6 (APP): Making bomb runs with dive deliveries of weapons and hitting at enemy’s mock bunkers, the fighter aircraft of Pakistan Air Force on Tuesday demonstrated a high level of tactical preparedness featuring speed, precision and strength.With thunderous supersonic boom, the aircraft representing PAF’s fleet including F-16s, JF-17 Thunder, Mirages and F-7 JP appeared in the blue skies during PAF’s Firepower Demonstration at Thal Range, that spans over an area of 34,000 acres.
The demo started with two A-5 aircraft - one carrying a National Flag and the other with a welcome banner, flew past the audience including Prime Minister Syed Yusuf Raza Gilani, services chiefs, parliamentarians and PAF officials.
Two Mirage aircraft showcased the recently acquired aerial refuelling from the IL-76 refueller, maintaining a skilful distance of just 13-26 metres from the tanker.
An F-16 aircraft flying at an ultra-low altitude and releasing chaff and flares for self-defence, dropped two mark of 2,000 pound bombs at the target, that received a loud applause by the audience.
Four JF-17 thunder aircraft equipped with state-of-the-art avionics, dropped their weapons at 1,900 feet, targeting the mock hideouts of militants at 3 o’ clock position.
In an impressive performance, a Mirage aircraft flying at extremely low 200 feet, dropped its weapons at the enemy targets, while two F-16 at 250 km and maintaining a speed of 480 knots released two mark 84 bombs of 2000 pounds, at the targets.
Four Mirage - the Night Hawks, capable of low level penetration, allowing minimum time to the enemy and achieving surprise, dropped 5,000 pounds bombs. The weapons generated a high explosive effect against the hardened bunkers.
The H-2 weapon - a wide-range television guided missile, was dropped by two Mirage aircraft at a mud platform, staying at 100-140 kms away from the target, thus making it possible to create a lethal and precise attack at far-off range.
The PAF’s Special Service Wing demonstrated the targeting of terrorists’ hideouts in their exercise. A C-130 demonstrated the air to container delivery operation, while the MI 171 used as assault and anti-terrorist aircraft, showed the direct action by commandoes of Pakistan Army who landed swiftly from the aircraft and moved to the compound of terrorists.
The SAAB aircraft flew past the audience, that has a Airborne Early Warning and Control System (AEW & CS) with a capability to see and scan a target at 450 km distance.
In the end, the audience was enthralled as the ‘Sherdils’ - the aerobatic team of PAF Academy RisalPur, with T-37 aircraft approached emitting out red and green coloured fumes, and presented exquisite maneuvers followed by a wing-over demo.
The entire exercise was carried out in a near real situation with an objective of depicting fighter pilots’s capabilities of avoiding collateral damage and inflicting maximum damage to the enemy targets.

Associated Press Of Pakistan ( Pakistan's Premier NEWS Agency ) - PAF’s firepower demo marks precise hit at enemy targets

KAHAN HAI BHAI YE......KAB TAK INTAZAR KARWAO GE.....AB TO SHAKAL DEKHA DO...:hitwall:

Without the stupid APP logo: :partay:

PAFIFRdemonstrationatThal01.jpg

:pakistan:

Well i m hugely disappointed with PAF's inventory.i know they are professional air force,but tell me which air force is termed as unprofessional.

do we really need to go there?

Judge an Air Force by its accomplishments; how a financially un-endowed AF like ours managed to defend all territory during its engagements with enemy, while also meeting the standards to face current and future challenges. You judge an AF by the professionalism and determination of the leadership and personnel; the training programs and the flight safety records.

Given what we have, I'd say we've done quite well.

Save your disappointment for the leadership of the country -- or lack thereof.

we are in 21st century and we are still using those chinese F-7's.(as i always hate chinese junk).

Well hopefully you can change your attitude. F-7P/PG/etc. are far from junk aircrafts. They served the backbone of our Air Force and they did quite well.

The F-6 'Chinese junk' served Pakistan quite well in 1971. It secured kills against superior indian Mig-21s --thanks to its powerful cannons.

The Chinese have helped Pakistan since the beginning. And the quality of their products is rapidly gaining pace. Show gratitude to them --especially at a time when other unreliable allies were hitting us with arms embargoes during our times of need.

we are still operating 40 year old Mirages.those Rose upgraded mirages are nothing.

Once again, familiarize yourself with the aircraft. The upgraded Mirages are indeed still old platforms, but still very much capable; and employing many 4th Gen. technology and capabilities.

Those 40 year old Mirages have served PAF very well. Given that we have the rebuild facilities, we can basically build them from scratch. It's a cost effective solution. Incidentally, we will be phasing them out soon within the next decade. (which is sad for me and other fans of these awesome aircrafts)

i feel sorry for my air warriors.

They are serving their country dutifully. And serving it with pride, as they are in enviable position.

Trust me, no need to feel sorry for them.

can't they see our inventory need's modernization.yeah!they have started modernization program,but what are we getting chinese crap

Familiarize yourself with the PAF Modernization program. Dont make loosely worded statements like that.

Once the FC-20 (4.5 gen aircraft) meets all PAF specifications you can bet your life it wont be 'crap'

Familiarize yourself also with our defence and offensive-defence minded doctrine. We dont need F-22s and F-35. We can't even afford those aircrafts. You think inductions and training are so cheap? Open your eyes bro.

on the other side of the border they have left no stone unturned to modernize their inventory.i know we can't compare themselves to our neighbor's purchasing power,but we wont stand a chance in case of war with india.many might disagree but i have my strong views against the official machinery.

PAF's role is to protect Pakistan's airspace. To defend Pakistan from foreign aggression; as of late (and they have had to adapt and learn new methods and induct new technologies) --- anti-terrorist precision strikes.

We have proved time and time again that the certain neighbours can never interfere or disturb our airspace.

you are free to share your views, but next time be more specific and a little more pragmatic and realistic before talking down on the PAF, her capabilities or her fleet.

Back
Top Bottom